test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things that players think are either missing, flawed or detrimental to good gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Auto stacking of items bound vs unbound, give us a toggle to bound consumables on collect and stack them.

Consolodate inventory, make all space one "bag" so that it can be sorted without sorting 4 different bags.

Mount inventory tab so we can keep multiple mounts like companions have.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    bump /10char
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a way to get to the character select screen without logging out. Just type: /bind 0 gotocharacterselect (you can replace the zero with any key of your choice). You just have to wait for the countdown timer and you will be at the character screen.

Things I would like to see added/changed:

1. A separate tab for enchantments and runestones, like the tabs existing for crafting and currency.
    2. The ability to hold tons of agro on GF's and a lesser, but reasonable, amount of agro on GWF's.
    3. The healing agro on DC's needs to be lowered a bit. Especially if the character has traits in hate reduction. DPS clerics should suffer agro similar to a dps class.
    4. Companions should be just as tough and productive per their level. One of the saddest things I've seen is how the panther got zero love. I can go on about companions but you get the picture!
    5. Folks should only be able to roll Need if they are able to use the item on that particular character.
    6. There should be zero Glory points awarded if the player did not participate. This could be monitored by damage given and points made. Healing for clerics should also be noted and factored in for the Glory points award, at the end of the match.
    7. Can we please not have to pay to remove an enchantment from our equipment?! Please??

As another player had posted before: PvP in Foundery quests?! That would definitely make alot of folks very happy.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, Foundry-made PvP content has a lot of support everywhere. No offense, since we are at an early stage in the game but PvP IS a bit lacking. This would be one way of setting Neverwinter apart from the rest. I can't even begin to imagine the possibilities there.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The AFK in pvp removal system sucks. It kicks anyone even if their game crashes or they get disconnected. It should probably allow some leniency to people who get disconnected/crash. The worst part is not logging in to find you're getting auto-kicked after 5 seconds. Its that until that match ends, you won't get ported into any other PVP matches either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    While updating this, I keep wondering if this does any good. Does anyone read it who would both care and be able to do something about it, or is this just filling up the interwebs with more nothingness. I know the game will improve either way, but will players be heard is an interesting question. I remember from my days in Rift that Trion really excelled at responding to player feedback. Sometimes things would change even within a few days.

I just realized that the point system makes sure that nobody can try all their rank 3 powers before level 60, so at least one 600 ZEN respec is required to explore a class. I put that down as the last entry on the list after this realization but it may not do much good. I hope that the price of ZEN compared to AD goes down so that the whole pay to win debate loses steam.

Anyways, nice feedback from all of you and I hope I have added everything you have sent. See you out there fighting some bad (or good) guys.

• Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    First thing that needs to be fixed is class balance until that time nothing else matters and the game isn't worth playing!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cookjk wrote: »
    First thing that needs to be fixed is class balance until that time nothing else matters and the game isn't worth playing!

Seems they are not that interested in PvP yet. Hopefully in the future, along with those Foundry-made PvP things ,)

I agree completely, just for the record.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    flatgonzo wrote: »
    While updating this, I keep wondering if this does any good. Does anyone read it who would both care and be able to do something about it, or is this just filling up the interwebs with more nothingness.

Unless we get a sticky on this thread, i doubt it will be noticed. But we can still try.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The ability to deconstruct items to acquire some crafting materials.

Hello?
  • Options
    vietfoodcomavietfoodcoma Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My minimap zoom always resets to default so I have to zoom out everytime.

the scaling on the rearragne hud REALLY sucks I organize the box and then I finish and then all the sudden half my icons overlap for no good reason

Mini map scaling sucks too, The world map button overlaps the zoom button when you scale it smaller
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bump /10char
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with this OP. Especially on respeccing costs, those need to be lowered alot, like no more that $1-$1.50 like the cost of an Enchanted Key. I say that because respeccing will become even more commonplace once there are even more gear sets, paragon paths, (if it ends up in the game at some point, Epic Destinies), per class, and once the feats and powers and synergies are working together as intended.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Probably a 1 on 1 Duel system.

Any put mailboxes in every town. Not just protector's enclave.

Also probably someone should PM a mod or admin to sticky this thread please :/
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I know that some of these are on the way and most(if not all) have already been mentioned in some form, but it seems worth giving a go.

1. Drastically more variety in art for player weapons and armor.

2. Reduce(probably at least half) the cost of feat respecs.

3. Reduce(probably about a quarter, maybe less) the cost of re-skinning items

4. Enhance ability to eliminate AFK PvP. One example would be a giant pusher that launches people out of the spawn areas every thirty seconds, and if that's not enough, work from there.

5. A balance pass on classes.

6. A Trade channel.

7. A Looking for Group channel.

8 . A Looking for Guild channel.

9. Account Bank.

10. More classes, paragon paths, and races.

11. Some consideration as to making the crafting professions more useful as a tool to be leveled alongside actual character level, instead of far more slowly.

All in no particular order.
  • Options
    poysonivypoysonivy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could we able to 'fuse' potions together to make a greater version? Say 5 each make 1 bigger.. of course 5 lesser potions will cost a little more then buying 1 greater one. Its nice for the ones you have looted.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    There are a number of these that we are addressing in the content patch Andy was talking about, though not always address as suggested. Not going to get detailed here as not not spoil the surprise of delicious patch notes.

yes you guys never say $hit at all. just silence.....

glad i left this game weeks ago. seems to be just as bad and just as p2w
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Never played it, so a bit of explanation about how its so "different" and awesome would be in order.

Eve's crafting system is amazingly complex, time consuming but very detailed. Players create everything in the game from shuttles to Titans and player owned stations. On concern if Titans biggest ship in the game it takes a corperation (which is another name for Clan) of hundreds sometimes thousands of real players working towards making it, about 6months to make.

I believe everything in the market is player made, short of shuttles? I'm probably wrong on that. It's also time consuming on gathering the resources from Astroids, planets, whatever. Even other players are resource you can farm if you like blowing them up.

Eve's System of crafting is probably far to complex for this game.
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things I think are missing:

Level matching of teammates (as per Star Trek online where you can choose to match the level of the team leader or mission holder). I'd love to team with my lower level friends without having to keep a character back at their level.

Character customization options and graphics as detailed as the two previous Cryptic games that use the same graphics engine; CO and STO.
  • Options
    maniacbearmaniacbear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need a "Roll Need on Class Only" option for parties!!! So true....ninjaloot tends
    to be a legal profession to earn extra diamonds...
  • Options
    arshmetal47arshmetal47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do the gf and gwf have more utility, unless they will always be kicked of parties.
    8.jpg
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Name one, please. I'd love to know more about this perfect crafting system of yours.

Vanguard.

If you want crafting Vanguard is the game for you.

100% the BEST crafting system ever created.
  • Options
    in7shadows7in7shadows7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An option to disable enchantment visuals on items. I don't really like a sparkling dagger on my battle-hardened rogue. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Great stuff guys. I am gone for the weekend but will add this stuff tomorrow.
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Vanguard.

If you want crafting Vanguard is the game for you.

100% the BEST crafting system ever created.

I agree. That was one great game, lots of aspects I have been hoping to see of it never seen again in an MMO. Rift reminded me of VG a little at first. :)

• Options
    grouchy0grouchy0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -You can't use teleport scrolls from inside an instance, if you group or u give up you have to run the who;le way out.........waste of time
    -Companions capping at 15, books should be availbe by this point in the game, at 60 a 15 companions more of a pain then anything
    - No way to give companions instuctions, stay, figh, even basic commands would be nice

-PVP AFK, really your removeal system is just bad

- crafting ...I it's pay to craft, other then that the crafting system is the worse i've seen in an mmo to date

-Boring, had fun playing but now it's seems boring, at 60 there is still to much of the game incomplete to keep busy

- sorry seems like it had some really good points but just not enough to keep me playing after elder scrolls comes out
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bump bump bump
  • Options
    wcrispywcrispy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not saying every new MMO has to be a WoW clone, but it really irks me when I see a game developer go out of their way to try to do the complete opposite of simple things seen in other games that just work correctly or are intuitive, for the sole reason of trying to present the game as "fresh."

I'm mainly talking about the friggin' camera zoom. Instead of a free-zooming camera when walking around or in combat it's locked like a crappy console game you'd play with a controller? The only reason I can think to lock the camera in combat is because you're hoping to port the game to consoles eventually and want to preemptively nip all the QQs about PCs having the "advantage" or some skewed garbage like that.

The other big gripe is not being able to cast the mouse button attacks without a target. I can cast my big AoE spells and whatnot with the keyboard bindings, but not the main attacks? What is the reason for one and not the other, other than AoE pulling targets? There's no intuition here whatsoever! I wouldn't care except I find the stupid UI telling me I can't do these mouse attacks without a target CONSTANTLY directly after I've killed a mob and it's friggin' annoying as all hell!

The other thing that is complete garbage is the idiotic sticky targetting assist that doesn't let you manually aim your reticle, and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. When I'm pulling a group of mobs that start running towards me I'm trying to stack debuffs on each target using say, my Cleric, except the mouse is stuck on the first mob I've hit and won't let me target the mob directly next to it because they're now too close together running at me in a line. What is the point of having this stupid target assist? It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you only find on console games that use less-precise controllers instead of mice to give little kids free headshots! Why have a reticle you can pseudo-aim manually if it's just going to assist/lock targets the way Tab-targetting works in WoW?

These issues aren't the only ones, but they're GIGANTIC flaws isolating your target audience in favor of console style players. You can't half-*** it and try to please both groups.

FIX THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, because that's all it is, total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lazy programming that only presents the game as another awful, poorly executed Korean F2P clone that does nothing to differentiate itself, other than your Foundry's player-made dungeons.
  • Options
    noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    One thing what i am finding increasingly irritating is ninja bidding - respectively a player waits for auction timer to reach about 50-45s before the auction expires and then he bids, effectively automatically winning the auction, since you can not bid once the timer goes below 40s mark.
    It's very annoying, especially since i recently have been trying to buy up some level 60 gear and every single time, if i do not use the buyout function, some random ninja will steal the auction i have been bidding on for hours if not days.
    The fix is very simple and it's used in all other online (game) auction system i know - if the timer goes below some threshold (say 1-2 min) and then a bid is made, extend the duration for the auction for 2-3 minutes. Simple as that, nobody can ninja auctions right under from your nose.
    Right now only thing that i could do, which i am reluctant to do, is to ninja auctions myself and pray that my bid goes trough, otherwise someone else will certainly do it.
  • Options
    noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    wcrispy wrote: »
    I'
    The other big gripe is not being able to cast the mouse button attacks without a target. I can cast my big AoE spells and whatnot with the keyboard bindings, but not the main attacks? What is the reason for one and not the other, other than AoE pulling targets? There's no intuition here whatsoever! I wouldn't care except I find the stupid UI telling me I can't do these mouse attacks without a target CONSTANTLY directly after I've killed a mob and it's friggin' annoying as all hell!

Well maybe because the skills that use the aiming reticule for targeting are actually lock-on spells? duuuh... meaning - once you launch a projectile at enemy it will hit it whether it stays put or not (except the dodging skills and the like). So nothing to lock on - cant fire, simple as that.

However, i kinda agree about the sticky lock-on being clumsy and cumbersome, but it comes with the combat system and there is nothing that really could be done - your reticule will stick to that enemy on whose hitbox it's placed, until you somehow manage to pull it on to another hitbox/no hitbox. This arises from the combat being semi-action (its not true action combat, since then we would have only skillshots, AoE attacks), since in combat the skills will target the enemy whose hitbox is closest to you, if your reticule is on the hitbox, and it will stay locked on that target, until the skill is complete - until the projectile hits the target. Yes, i acknowledge, this gets pretty annoying at some times, especially when dealing with a group of mobs, in which there is a large variety of mobs, since the larger mob hitboxe's will overcome those of the smaller ones. A good example would be dealing with add's at the mad dragon - if they bunch near the dragon, it will be very hard to kill them with targeted skills, since the dragon's hitbox is much larger than the add's and therefore your aiming mechanism will think you are targeting dragon, even if you weren't.

P.S. Sorry for double posting.
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't read the entire list/thread, just going to tack on my issues

- Companions. yeah, they suck. Stand in fire/aoe. Rush in to melee combat (my healer...who shouldn't), sometimes doesn't heal me after fights so I have pop and altar and stand there or guzzle pots.

- People who abandon dungeons. Yeah, they suck. They should get a debuff AND they should be replaced by the group finder. When one person leaves a dungeon, it's pretty much over and a monumental waste of everyone's time.

- AH. Yeah, it sucks. Sort doesn't work. Search doesn't work. It's just completely terrible and non-functional in any remotely useful way.

- Game is too linear. I mean TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO linear.

- Too easy to level. You can hit 60 in a couple days if you want. Then what? Grind until your eyes bleed? No thanks.

- Ignore function sucks. Adding someone to ignore doesn't keep them from spamming you with things like never ending guild invites. If I add someone to my ignore it should be like they don't exist to me in the game anymore.

- Crafting is useless. It's impossible for crafting to keep up with your leveling.

- Too many currencies, money, gear tokens, bars, barter tokens, diamonds, zen. BLAH. Ridiculous system, I don't even want to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.