test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance Patch, when it's happening?

rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I might be wrong, but I've not seen an official ETA on the balance patch yet. Do someone knows if it's something happening in the near future or I should roll another class meantime to avoid sadness?

Reth.
Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
Post edited by rethophis on

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Some day ... one day ... soon
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    State of the Game
    I’d also like to talk about class balance. Like any online game, class balance is a huge discussion, both internally and externally. We are definitely hearing this feedback and watching the evolution of PvE and PvP strategies in an effort to help bring everything into alignment. Right now there are a handful of powers and feats that still have bugs associated with them, so we’re working on getting those issues ironed out first. Once we’re able to make sure everything is working properly, our next step will be to start diving into the balance feedback, and do our best to not only make things fair, but also ensure that all of the classes are fun to play in every aspect of the game, from solo play, to group PvE content, to PvP.

That is all the information we have about class balances at this time.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    State of the Game

That is all the information we have about class balances at this time.

So in short, don't expect it anytime soon..
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a rumor of a big patch for the 4th June (next tuesday) as to the validity of the rumor and the content of said patch, I have no idea.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    There's a rumor of a big patch for the 4th June (next tuesday) as to the validity of the rumor and the content of said patch, I have no idea.

Nope you heard wrong , it was about 14 July .
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're unlikely to get any kind of official ETA on a patch much earlier than a day before it happens.

Why?

Because most people seem to think it stands for Exact Time of Arrival (instead of Estimated Time of Arrival) which invariably leads to whining and trolling if it is delayed by even an hour.
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Nope you heard wrong , it was about 14 July .

14 July 2014
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but I've not seen an official ETA on the balance patch yet. Do someone knows if it's something happening in the near future or I should roll another class meantime to avoid sadness?

Reth.

They won't give an official ETA, and they're absolutely right/justified in doing so. For one, it's better to address the issue well than add an extra unnecessary deadline for yourself. Also, imagine the whine if they release it 5 minutes late.
  • Options
    rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Well thanks for the answers, I'll consider rolling a secondary toon at this point.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    5 minutes late.

An entire 5 minutes is ok... but 5 Minute and 1 second and I'm going to cause a riot! with party poppers that don't go pop! and silly string that isn't stringy at all! then what are you going to do?! Hm? Tell me what ARE YOU GOING TO DO! ;_;

Where are these rumors of 14th and 4th coming from, I really hope it is not 14th of July that's a whole month and a bit, like above... a month would have been ok but the "bit" extra?!
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    City of Heroes - Not Balanced
    Champion's Online - Not Balanced
    Star Trek Online - Not Balanced

Get used to disappointment in the area of balance.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    They won't give an official ETA, and they're absolutely right/justified in doing so. For one, it's better to address the issue well than add an extra unnecessary deadline for yourself. Also, imagine the whine if they release it 5 minutes late.

Or they could say, We are currently working on the issue and will be including the features in one of the next N* patches. Of course, that would force them to actually devote resources to the issue, instead of saying soon when nothing is actually being done.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Right now there are a handful of powers and feats that still have bugs associated with them, so we’re working on getting those issues ironed out first. Once we’re able to make sure everything is working properly, our next step will be to start diving into the balance feedback

From that quote alone this tells me that we will not see any balancing for a while. If I had to guess this is probably what their priority list looks like.

1. Fix Feats for the Classes in the game right now.
    2. Release Module 1. (This is a big deal)
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Probably already to late for this. They don't appear to want to fix the game or care about fixing the game. GW2 took out Healers, NW took out melees. I stopped playing and I stopped spending money, a large sum for games, until there is a fix. I am sure there is more than just myself that has done this.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    Well thanks for the answers, I'll consider rolling a secondary toon at this point.

You're strong, man. My altitis kicked in even before I got my main to 60 :)
  • Options
    thannonrathannonra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    From that quote alone this tells me that we will not see any balancing for a while. If I had to guess this is probably what their priority list looks like.

1. Fix Feats for the Classes in the game right now.
    2. Release Module 1. (This is a big deal)

More like:

1. What can we put in here to make more money before everyone quits?
    2. What else can we do to make them spend money?
    3. Have we made back out investment in buying this "game" yet?
    4. Do we still have enough players to make some money?
    5. Guess we can finally fix some of the minor issues with the game now that almost no one plays anymore...