test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicked From Castle Never after Dracolich Died

ken0389vahnzken0389vahnz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So yeah, title says it all. I'm posting the details here for people who asked me about what happened. We just did a CN run earlier with a pick-up group which me, a DC, and my TR friend started. We had no choice but to invite people we don't know since there are no friends/guildies online that are available/able to do CN. When we entered the dungeon, the leader switched to our CW, since the leader will always be the first one who loaded into the instance. We did not mind him being the leader since we did a few CN runs before without having any issue with being kicked. In the middle of the dungeon, we had an argument with the PLs friend, also a CW. He asked me why I am doing DPS spec seeing I have 3m more damage than the other DC and 1m lesser heals done. I told him I always do this when there's 2 DCs in the group but always switch back to pure healer spec when the group is dying or if we are killing a boss. He told me if I go pure healer we would finish the dungeon faster. I did not understand his logic with that so we continued on arguing since he kept on asking me to go pure healer spec. Right after we killed the 3rd boss, <No Names> transferred the leadership to <No Names>. I asked my TR friend to ask for the leadership since we started the group anyway and I was afraid they might kick me. He did not do so since he was so assured that they would not do it and if they did he would need on the drop if it was for Cleric. I agreed and continued on with the dungeon.

Right after we killed Dracolich(CN's final boss), the inevitable happened. I got kicked from the party. Adding insult to the injury, an Ancient Royal Priest's Symbol dropped from the boss. This is usually worth 1.5m-2.5m AD in our shard. My TR friend and the other Cleric rolled for it but the other Cleric won. I have reported Tuberry using the ingame report feature. I reported only him since he was the one who kicked me from the party. It seems hopeless anyway since many people have complained getting no replies from tickets they sent. I posted the name of his friend to make you all aware that these 2 people are not to be trusted in a group. It would be best if you would not group with them at all. BTW, I am from dragon shard.

I am not writing this post because I did not get the loot from the boss. I am writing this post to hopefully let the people from Cryptic know to please fix their broken system and also improve on their Customer Support. I know there are a lot of reports and posts about this but this is just one of the worst. Maybe at least disable the Kick function right after killing the first boss since I believe this is the time that no members are able to join the dungeon if someones leaves. Also hopefully, action would be done to the player/players I mentioned above.

EDIT: Taken out the names of the 2 CWs
Post edited by ken0389vahnz on

Comments

• highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    Seems like you have just learned your lesson. This is internet 2013 for you. I feel sorry for you, but this is the best way to ensure something like this is never ever going to happen to you again. So just suck it up and go on. :-)
  • clanticclantic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You sound mad bro.
    **** happens, I've been trolled worse in games.
  • mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    You need to edit those names out.

That said, my sympathies and I hope they remove the option to kick once the boss has been engaged by the party. Does bring in the possibility of afk'ing boss fights, but I'd rather take the risk of having to carry 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> than sweat through a pug and succeed, only to be booted.
  • ken0389vahnzken0389vahnz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clantic wrote: »
    You sound mad bro.
    **** happens, I've been trolled worse in games.

At which part did I sound mad at all? I am just disappointed, well.. very disappointed.. who wouldn't be after something like this would happen to them.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All Cryptic needs to do is enable a vote kick option and forget the party leader concept. This random party leader is just like leaving the door open to abuse.
  • thetruejackass69thetruejackass69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Seems like you have just learned your lesson. This is internet 2013 for you. I feel sorry for you, but this is the best way to ensure something like this is never ever going to happen to you again. So just suck it up and go on. :-)

Fact is things like these happen because stubborn fat kiddies are given the lead randomly and can abuse it as they wish. This shouldn't happen. There should at best be a votekick option in dungeons (as well as a certain lineup need f.e. 1 GF, 1 DC, 3 DPS or sth like that) instead of a leader that can kick anyone anytime. That or make leaders not able to kick before last bosses etc. to avoid abuse.

I myself have kicked a **** mage, who wouldn't come up the middle level in the Idris dungeon to kill the boss but he stayed on the lower level spamming things like "I'll wait for noobs to come down here with the boss blablabla", even though we were 4. We essentially 3-manned Idris and thats why I kicked him.

Then the other day a **** kicked me because I needed a blue Neck that was actually an upgrade for me, saying "Don't need on that, we all want to sell it", mother****er its a ****ing upgrade for me idiot.
    edited May 2013
    mennelon wrote: »
    You need to edit those names out.

That said, my sympathies and I hope they remove the option to kick once the boss has been engaged by the party. Does bring in the possibility of afk'ing boss fights, but I'd rather take the risk of having to carry 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> than sweat through a pug and succeed, only to be booted.

Why do I need to edit their names out? I have read the forum rules but not thoroughly. Is there a part there that says something like this is not allowed?
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Glad I don't play in PUGs rarely if ever.
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    It's strange. It nearly seems like the community is getting worse and worse. I remember doing a lot of PUGs while gearing up my T2 Miracle set and I don't recall having any issues. I guess it's just the fact that people having bad experience post it here while there are lots of groups doing just fine.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The same thing is happening on Mindflayer too, except they kick everyone, not just the person they have an issue with...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?313172-Kicking-at-end-of-dungeons-before-Loot-rolls

Greedy as$hats are going to keep exploiting Neverwinter's bad loot and group system.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is why I don't do CN with any pugs. They're either friends, or not. If you see someone with the royal symbol, or icon or any other t3 weapon in multiples on the AH, they might be clearing, but they're abusing clerics and other party members for their own greed. Stay away from them.

Edit: I know who this player is on Mindflayer, and the reputation that precedes him. I see him spamming for groups, 40m clears, etc. He's bad news and has been stealing from, and ripping people off. It's a shame that pieces of garbage like him exist, but he won't take advantage of me because I run with trusted folk only.

I suggest you do the same. You are in demand. He is not.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • schaeferscschaefersc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do I need to edit their names out? I have read the forum rules but not thoroughly. Is there a part there that says something like this is not allowed?

It's considered general forum etiquette to not post the names of people when talking about subjects such as this. It's not against forum rules, so it doesn't matter either way, just some people are picky about this.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    schaefersc wrote: »
    It's considered general forum etiquette to not post the names of people when talking about subjects such as this. It's not against forum rules, so it doesn't matter either way, just some people are picky about this.

Scumbags need to be called out, publicly. Naming and shaming is a form of punishment dished out by the community. If Cryptic does nothing about these incidents, then the players need to take matters into our own hands. Plus, we need to identify these individuals and shine light on their scumminess.
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    It's strange. It nearly seems like the community is getting worse and worse. I remember doing a lot of PUGs while gearing up my T2 Miracle set and I don't recall having any issues. I guess it's just the fact that people having bad experience post it here while there are lots of groups doing just fine.

It keeps on getting worse because it has become a chain reaction. People who got victimized by it tend to get revenge so they do it to others whenever an opportunity opens. The devs need to do something about this to stop the madness. Also, some people who knows that the system is broken and can be abused and knows that nothing is happening to people doing it would also do it as well.
    edited May 2013
    Plus, we need to identify these individuals and shine light on their scumminess.

Yes, that is my main point why I am posting their names here. I don't want what happened to me to happen to others as well.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    send it to the customer support (lol). we can't do anything about it.

ps. pwned
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Public blacklisting is a valid form of community policing by members of the community. It was commonplace before games like wow existed - in EQ, each server usually had a list of 'bad apples' on the forums.

Just saying, it's a pretty old way of dealing with this but it's not completely invalid and he shouldn't have to remove names. If you don't have a problem with this behavior, you are free to ignore his warning and play with these guys.
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    send it to the customer support (lol). we can't do anything about it.

ps. pwned

Like, I said I have reported him already and I am not asking you to do anything about it.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. The grouping mechanics will be getting changed. You should find this news article informative.

As for Naming and Shaming it violates the Trolling and Flaming Rule since it's classified as insulting another player. It's not directly written in the forums but it's a pretty common sense rule which exists in every MMO Forum. ;)

Naming and Shaming is simply flame in an alternate form.
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. The grouping mechanics will be getting changed. You should find this news article informative.

As for Naming and Shaming it violates the Trolling and Flaming Rule since it's classified as insulting another player. It's not directly written in the forums but it's a pretty common sense rule which exists in every MMO Forum. ;)

Naming and Shaming is simply flame in an alternate form.

I have removed their names. Hopefully, this issue would be resolved very soon since I have seen many posts like this with the same reply from mods.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Thank you :)

Right now they are focused on fixing some of the more gamebreaking bugs and getting those fixes into the live game as soon as possible but that does not by any stretch of the imagination means these other complaints are being ignored. The quality of life improvements are being worked on as well.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you :)

Right now they are focused on fixing some of the more gamebreaking bugs and getting those fixes into the live game as soon as possible but that does not by any stretch of the imagination means these other complaints are being ignored. The quality of life improvements are being worked on as well.

Thanks. Really hoping for some major improvements soon. My friends and I has been enjoying the game and would not want it to go to waste.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So yeah, title says it all. I'm posting the details here for people who asked me about what happened. We just did a CN run earlier with a pick-up group which me, a DC, and my TR friend started. We had no choice but to invite people we don't know since there are no friends/guildies online that are available/able to do CN. When we entered the dungeon, the leader switched to our CW, since the leader will always be the first one who loaded into the instance. We did not mind him being the leader since we did a few CN runs before without having any issue with being kicked. In the middle of the dungeon, we had an argument with the PLs friend, also a CW. He asked me why I am doing DPS spec seeing I have 3m more damage than the other DC and 1m lesser heals done. I told him I always do this when there's 2 DCs in the group but always switch back to pure healer spec when the group is dying or if we are killing a boss. He told me if I go pure healer we would finish the dungeon faster. I did not understand his logic with that so we continued on arguing since he kept on asking me to go pure healer spec. Right after we killed the 3rd boss, Bully transferred the leadership to Tuberry. I asked my TR friend to ask for the leadership since we started the group anyway and I was afraid they might kick me. He did not do so since he was so assured that they would not do it and if they did he would need on the drop if it was for Cleric. I agreed and continued on with the dungeon.

Right after we killed Dracolich(CN's final boss), the inevitable happened. I got kicked from the party. Adding insult to the injury, an Ancient Royal Priest's Symbol dropped from the boss. This is usually worth 1.5m-2.5m AD in our shard. My TR friend and the other Cleric rolled for it but the other Cleric won. I have reported Tuberry using the ingame report feature. I reported only him since he was the one who kicked me from the party. It seems hopeless anyway since many people have complained getting no replies from tickets they sent. I posted the name of his friend to make you all aware that these 2 people are not to be trusted in a group. It would be best if you would not group with them at all. BTW, I am from dragon shard.

I am not writing this post because I did not get the loot from the boss. I am writing this post to hopefully let the people from Cryptic know to please fix their broken system and also improve on their Customer Support. I know there are a lot of reports and posts about this but this is just one of the worst. Maybe at least disable the Kick function right after killing the first boss since I believe this is the time that no members are able to join the dungeon if someones leaves. Also hopefully, action would be done to the player/players I mentioned above.

EDIT: Taken out the names of the 2 CWs

So em , what now ? Do you need a hug or you'll eat some oranges and be K ?
    edited May 2013
    Technically, if you name someone for something that they actually did, and were obviously not ashamed to do - is it really flaming or shaming? :)

Also, if we embrace this definition, is not what was done in game by those same definitions then considered griefing? So, will those players also get warnings? Or because that isn't done publically, and has to go through customer support, nothing will ever come of it?

Does not make a ton of sense, honestly. Glad we're fixing this though because it's pretty much a terrible system. :(
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lethizor wrote: »
    Technically, if you name someone for something that they actually did, and were obviously not ashamed to do - is it really flaming or shaming? :)

Also, if we embrace this definition, is not what was done in game by those same definitions then considered griefing? So, will those players also get warnings? Or because that isn't done publically, and has to go through customer support, nothing will ever come of it?

Does not make a ton of sense, honestly. Glad we're fixing this though because it's pretty much a terrible system. :(

1/10 won't read again .
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    1/10 won't read again .

You'll never read again? If only we could get you to stop typing, also...
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This happened to me once. Me and a group of premade 4 friends went into a T2 dungeon and the 5th guy got the party leader, it was a tank and i would understand why he wouldn't give leadership to anyone else if we asked for it so we didn't and moved on. Once we reached the last boss this stupid tank kicked us all out, and this is the reason why tanks aren't invited to parties :o . You feel pitty for them and give them power, they backstab you.
  • sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This seems to happen more on neverwinter than any other game ive played, possibly because the people doing it know cryptics/pw will do absolutely nothing.

Bring back the old says... ****lists need to stay so we can all avoid the ****s!:P.
    Oh and mod, it isnt insulting another player if all hes doing is stating facts, they shouldnt treated him so badly if they didnt want put in the avoidplayeratallcosthesa<my eyes> list.

Personally if this happened to me id have been furios, castle never is about the most boring dungeon in game.

Naming and shaming will not be permitted. It's not up for debate. :)
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thats such poor gamesmanship. Just no class at all. There is a pocket of of D&D players on here that have standards and would never even consider such a thing. Finding said people to party with can be incredibly difficult though as you have to weed through all the teenagers and wow gen. How nice would an age restricted server be. An adults only shard?! That would eliminate over half the issues in the entire game imho.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lethizor wrote: »

How do we know that they actually did it?

I would definitely report them for griefing even though I doubt anything will happen. CS is just too swamped with tickets.
This discussion has been closed.