test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I figuered out a way for fast tech support

trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The zen store.

If you want your ticket looked at you simply just pay them money to get your ticket advanced to the front of the que. Hey thats win win for everyone. YOu get your ticket answered and the company makes more money.

Say 100 zen to front of the que. Then 1000 zen to actually speak to a person to help with your issue. And dont worry cuase the zen store will never go down or get buggy. So all tickets bought through there wont get lost.
Post edited by trannysupergay on

Comments

• trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I could see this in the near future. I bet the devs even joked about it.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Horrible, horrible suggestion because this might actually become practice. Imagine how long not paying will take then?
  • satanicatsatanicat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If everyone did that, then the people who didn't pay to get ahead may never get their issues resolved. This idea will never be implemented. Atrocious. Paying a dollar or ten dollars to get higher priority. This isn't a private doctor.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    The zen store.

If you want your ticket looked at you simply just pay them money to get your ticket advanced to the front of the que. Hey thats win win for everyone. YOu get your ticket answered and the company makes more money.

Say 100 zen to front of the que. Then 1000 zen to actually speak to a person to help with your issue. And dont worry cuase the zen store will never go down or get buggy. So all tickets bought through there wont get lost.

The only problem with that is they are so incompetent that they will screw it up and it will get exploited anyway!!! ;(
  • trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Yes but people remember if you pay for stuff in the game you get a much better advantage then the people that dont pay for stuff. The payers win the non payers loose. Why shouldnt it be different for technical support. Think about it this way the zen store runs perfectly no problems there. And on the other hand the game ticket system doesnt because its full of non paying tickets. Now if the tickets were bought in the Zen store, they wouldnt get not answered or lost. Cause thats real money in the zen store.

And the Zen ticket system would NEVER go offline. Thats real money flowin. That would never shut down or not get answered
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Horrible, horrible suggestion because this might actually become practice. Imagine how long not paying will take then?

The topic starter is just joking, but ... I do not know what it is like in the US, but here in Germany many companies abolished their toll free support numbers and now have lines where you pay per call or per minute. The more support time you use, the more it costs. Providing support is not free, and depending on the volume can actually be rather expensive for the company.

Considering that Neverwinter is a F2P game, where free players already cost the company money (using up bandwidth, server capacity, etc.), would it really be so unreasonable to charge for technical support?
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Considering that Neverwinter is a F2P game, where free players already cost the company money (using up bandwidth, server capacity, etc.), would it really be so unreasonable to charge for technical support?
    It would be unreasonable if the customer has paid any money to the company.

I can't understand how this works in Germany. If I buy, say, a lawnmower and I get it home and it doesn't work I have to pay money to get support to help with this problem? If that's true, it's outrageous.
  • pharoah4187pharoah4187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what happens if EVERYBODY pays 100 Zen to move to the front of the line? Imagine the backlash as "paying customers" get ignored for 5-7 business days anyway.

Although having (and still) worked in a Tech Support job, there are a LOT of stupid questions. I fully understand the German model, since a large number of those people that pay for a product are calling because they either don't understand how the product works or because they simply want to complain about something that might not even be related. Here in the states, all that nonsense gets factored into the price of everybody's bill and prices go up. In a few other countries (and I'm willing to bet Germany is one of them), the cost of simply using a service is relatively cheap. Then the user pays a nominal fee for support (either per minute or otherwise), with most calls generally being less than 5 minutes. The user still end up paying less than they would overall, the company doesn't have to subsidize the user support branch since it's self-sufficient, and everybody ends up a winner.

Of course, there are also companies that do both (absurdly high bills with additional support costing extra). Those people are dicks, though.
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm a HotN, and everything I do queue jumps ;P

j/k

Honestly, the few times I've submitted tickets, I have heard back within minutes from a real person. Generally I write out as much information as possible on the situation, as well as keep it very neutral in tone, or even slightly upbeat.

When I worked inbound phone sales, I would commonly put irate customers on hold till they got fed up and hung up. Anyone that works customer service will tend to put off, back burner, etc., the people that can't keep an even tone. So if you want fast support/service, you might try giving out information in such a way as you would want to be given. Act like whoever is looking at your ticket just learned that their beloved dog, grandmother, and 4 year old child died today, and you are the first person they have to interact with. You can either <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them off, or try helping them make your own life better, and them get you what you want/need.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    Generally I write out as much information as possible on the situation, as well as keep it very neutral in tone, or even slightly upbeat.

When I worked inbound phone sales, I would commonly put irate customers on hold till they got fed up and hung up. Anyone that works customer service will tend to put off, back burner, etc., the people that can't keep an even tone.

^This. I've taught tech support folks for some software I developed, since I was also supporting it. That and a number of years I general tech support. My advice to CS reps that got TWO irate, swearing, yelling customers was to take the rest of the day off. Otherwise the stress makes you irritable and you cannot possibly deal with any more calls in a professional manner.

Of course, management weren't too pleased at that idea. At least not until I showed them industry numbers showing the high level of burn out, the increased number of sick days and the cost of hiring and training replacements...
  • zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've worked as a Quality Coordinator or "Call Coach" for a few different large call centers over the last decade, and I can totally agree that many customers forget that the person on the other side of that phone is a real person with real feelings. Doesn't matter what company it is, if you treat customer support like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you're going to risk not getting the best service you want or think you deserve. Help them help you, explain your situation calmly, clearly, and rationally, and never take your frustration with the company out on customer service agent themselves. Generally if you are respectful of them throughout your interaction it will probably increase the chances of them having more empathy for your situation and they will try to do everything they can to help you, even if they can't give you exactly what you're asking for. Not every customer service agent is going to be perfect, and some companies do a better job hiring and supporting their staff than others (I've heard some really awful interactions in my years in the industry), but they're not all like that. In the end they are all really real people. Treat them like you would like to be treated yourself (or better!). :)
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    I've worked as a Quality Coordinator or "Call Coach" for a few different large call centers over the last decade, and I can totally agree that many customers forget that the person on the other side of that phone is a real person with real feelings. Doesn't matter what company it is, if you treat customer support like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you're going to risk not getting the best service you want or think you deserve. Help them help you, explain your situation calmly, clearly, and rationally, and never take your frustration with the company out on customer service agent themselves. Generally if you are respectful of them throughout your interaction it will probably increase the chances of them having more empathy for your situation and they will try to do everything they can to help you, even if they can't give you exactly what you're asking for. Not every customer service agent is going to be perfect, and some companies do a better job hiring and supporting their staff than others (I've heard some really awful interactions in my years in the industry), but they're not all like that. In the end they are all really real people. Treat them like you would like to be treated yourself (or better!). :)

I always treat any CS like that. I also treat any food services employee like this. Like you said, these are real people on the other line. The problem is a lot of people are just naturally rude. Years ago, when I was in high school and worked at Taco Bell. I recall the frustrated and inpatient people who obviously saw we were understaffed and backed up with orders. These same people who would yell at my co-workers because there food took 20 seconds longer then they expected. I only hurried up to make there food so I could get them to leave. I didn't take any care with making it though. Now, the people who were patient and understood sometimes things take a few more mins. I always took care of them and gave them extra food or drinks free of charge. This shouldn't be the motivation for being courteous. But, if you take care of the person you are dealing with. I'm positive they will take the time and effort to resolve your issues.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL i think the OP post was sarcastic and was a joke LOL you people are funny falling for it. Unless they are serious and well i would never pay for tech support for a so called f2p game. LOL Tranny you are funny

But it goes to show some people are willing to pay for anything i guess
  • klugemaker1klugemaker1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    satanicat wrote: »
    If everyone did that, then the people who didn't pay to get ahead may never get their issues resolved. This idea will never be implemented. Atrocious. Paying a dollar or ten dollars to get higher priority. This isn't a private doctor.

You know this is standard practice for most "f2p" mmorpgs, people who have never paid any real money get low priority / no priority.

If PW has not implemented something similar then well I guess we know why they have a problem with CS.

80% of the people who open tickets on a video game are useless, their tickets are meaningless, andwe would all be better of if those requests for support went straight to the circular file where they belong.

Here is what they should implement isolate the 20% of the users that generate 90% of the support tickets and then just perma ban them all. Problem solved.