test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

player observed state of the game

druzanadruzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm writing this in the hopes that someone from cryptic or another game company will read this. I'm a semi-hardcore player, I go through phases of games playing each for their relative enjoyment. I play all kinds of games (wow was my first mmo!) from mobile to computer.

So right now I'm trying to play neverwinter to get my MMO fix but I cant get my pvp fix here because its kinda crappy with all the afkers and there is no open world option.

The dungeons are not satisfying either. Having adds spawn on every single boss fight is a negative gaming experience.

I really want somebody intelligent in the industry to take a special look at the sentence above and pay close attention...

negative gaming experience does not make me want to give you money! EVER.

I understand this is a business and I want you to make money (but only on games that are decent)

Right now in this game I have a 60 rogue and some alts and I'm bored. I'm going back and playing other games that are fun because I'm just not interested in banging my head against the neverwinter wall.

I'm a founder BTW and I spent about 400$. I'm not backcharging or anything but I really hope somebody pays attention, because honestly that money I spent my bank account didn't miss so just imagine how much money you are losing out on.

protips for devs

1. give guilds a purpose: these groups do more for your game than you know, they actually recruit playerbase for you.

2. Do not ever make a crappy instance game like this again - Did you learn nothing from STO?(lets not talk about the exploits that carried over) Welcome to 2013, the entire gaming community expects you to make something that is actually open world make open world MMO's if you gonna call it MMO

3. Actually play the game. So you made what you think is a great game but you never play it. You might wanna start playing these games yourself without using dev tools so that you don't look incompetent. Honestly how many devs coulda ever played gaurdian fighter?

4. When the majority of your playerbase asks for something in a poll and they don't get it you have failed.

5. Theres alot more wrong with this game than right at the present time. Beta or not (someone else can argue that) this game should have never seen any kind of release in the present state.
Post edited by druzana on

Comments

• odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Hey you have some good things here in your text although:

1. Now this I can really agree with, guilds that get stuff (like the new wow guild system) makes people enjoy being in a guild and achieving things, things like actual guild halls (allow them to make it using the foundry system, its all there :D)

2. MMO does not mean Massive single world. Let's face it, as a free to play company, they may earn a lot of money for their items but the revenues needed to make a seamless (or semi-seamless) world is astronomical especially with the graphics this game uses, making it hard to achieve for companies like this

3.There are actually quite a few of the devs that really do play the game (all games have this, they are people after all), but not all devs or community moderators really have the power to tell the other devs to make game changes (they each have their own departments)

4.This I cannot agree with at all, otherwise I could open a poll for pink elephant mounts and if the majority on the forum agrees than they should do this? Sorry, but polls are just to let them see that the majority (on the forums) wants something, doesn't mean they should/have to implement it, name one company that does this and I will find enough polls that went unanswered to counter this.

5.I kinda agree with this, but at the same time, the game as it is now, allows people like me, who didn't get chosen for a closed beta to be able to beta test and report on bugs found. And as stated before this isn't any kind of release, it is open beta meaning everyone has access to the entire game, but it is meant to find bugs and exploitables and then report on it, getting to the end game and then raiding for instance is not part of the open beta, but everything is allowed (and of course we need people at the end game to test as well)
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think all the stuff like GWF, GF, inviteing to dungeons will be fixed sooner or later.

what bothers me more is that an other ftp mmo starts open beta today, and after beating cn there is virtually nothing to do in this game. no reputation, not even seal farming, since seals cant be passed to alts etc..ah and one more thing..why should anybody spend on a 110% mount when u basicly dont need to leave the Enclave after u hit 60.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druzana wrote: »
    4. When the majority of your playerbase asks for something in a poll and they don't get it you have failed.
    Majority of playerbase?
    I wasn't aware the game is played by 2000 players only.

And if they do get it, you end up with something like WoW:MoP.
  • druzanadruzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odiboy wrote: »
    Hey you have some good things here in your text although:

1. Now this I can really agree with, guilds that get stuff (like the new wow guild system) makes people enjoy being in a guild and achieving things, things like actual guild halls (allow them to make it using the foundry system, its all there :D)

2. MMO does not mean Massive single world. Let's face it, as a free to play company, they may earn a lot of money for their items but the revenues needed to make a seamless (or semi-seamless) world is astronomical especially with the graphics this game uses, making it hard to achieve for companies like this

3.There are actually quite a few of the devs that really do play the game (all games have this, they are people after all), but not all devs or community moderators really have the power to tell the other devs to make game changes (they each have their own departments)

4.This I cannot agree with at all, otherwise I could open a poll for pink elephant mounts and if the majority on the forum agrees than they should do this? Sorry, but polls are just to let them see that the majority (on the forums) wants something, doesn't mean they should/have to implement it, name one company that does this and I will find enough polls that went unanswered to counter this.

5.I kinda agree with this, but at the same time, the game as it is now, allows people like me, who didn't get chosen for a closed beta to be able to beta test and report on bugs found. And as stated before this isn't any kind of release, it is open beta meaning everyone has access to the entire game, but it is meant to find bugs and exploitables and then report on it, getting to the end game and then raiding for instance is not part of the open beta, but everything is allowed (and of course we need people at the end game to test as well)

Having all these shards splinters the playerbase and causes people to not socially connect to the game and the community thats why i said it above. I've personally seen spam from an admin account getting nightmare mount, the fact that i get this spam on my screen is a totally separate issue, this is what i was talking about the devs using dev tools while playing the game. If they use dev tools its kinda pointless, why not give themselves 100 slot bags and godmode and have them explain to us that the adds on every boss are a challenging and unique game experience never seen in MMo's before and that nothing is wrong with the game.

I just want them to get their collective heads out of the sand and start some critical thinking on their game.