test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Core game should come first before adding other BS

darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really despise seeing new items added to the Zen store when the Core game is suffering with many unbalanced issues and bugs. Plus, the load screen issues still exist for the Enclave, and Cryptic seems more concerned with adding new mounts and pets. How about fixing the Agro issues with the Cleric and the Tanks inability to kite mobs because the Cleric is more of a tank then he is right now.

Plus the Clerics lack of healing? When is that getting fixed?? And stop putting Band-Aids on Boss fights by adding invisible walls to prevent people for removing the endless mobs that spawn in.

How about coming up with some originality of making the fights more unique instead of spamming endless mobs at the party??

Or, how about those training books for our level 15 companions that are pretty worthless after level 30 because they cant heal or tank worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because they are too low level.

The core game should always come first before adding perks to the game. I think you Cryptic have your priorities mixed up and need to get back on track and fix the Core game before trying to profit from the customs who have already been supporting your game.

These are just some of the issues I see in the game, there are many others.
Post edited by darksx on

Comments

• Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Preach on brother but they don't care. They haven't done anything about the fact that two classes are useless take 1000X the money to level and just are sad to be playing when one of the other 3 classes come through and rock the zone your are trying to level in. Not needed useless and take to much maintenance to keep playing but they won't fix them.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its like people never pay attention.

The loading screen issue is getting patched as we speak. all the other stuff is being worked on aswell, if you didn't realize there are multiple dev teams all working on different things. the people that work on the zen market aren't the same people that work on the combat.

• Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

The loading screen issue is getting patched as we speak. all the other stuff is being worked on aswell, if you didn't realize there are multiple dev teams all working on different things. the people that work on the zen market aren't the same people that work on the combat.

Pay attention to what?? Are we supposed to live every min of the day in the forums to find out what's going on with the game? I don't have time to sit here every min of the day like some of you do. And I saw nothing posted about a fix being implemented. all we ever usually see is the system is coming down for shard maintenance.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know that those items they added to the store, likely 1. took about half an hour to make (seriously, how hard is it to take "dye pack" and change the three color values?), and 2. were probably made a month ago and stuck in a "we'll drip-feed these items to the zen store over time!" queue?

(note: I'm not interested in buying any of the new things they released. I just don't see their existance as some sort of cosmic conspiracy and/or pact with satan.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Pay attention to what?? Are we supposed to live every min of the day in the forums to find out what's going on with the game? I don't have time to sit here every min of the day like some of you do. And I saw nothing posted about a fix being implemented. all we ever usually see is the system is coming down for shard maintenance.

its in the patch notes. if you are interested in this game and actually care about having things fixed, you would check the patch notes. it doesn't take more than a minute of your day to look at the forum, see if there is a maintenance thread, check patch notes, leave the forum. complaining about things that are being fixed, whether you know they are being fixed or not, is quite a waste of your own time aswell as everyone elses. Everything you just posted is said in the forum atleast 20 times by now.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You do know that those items they added to the store, likely 1. took about half an hour to make (seriously, how hard is it to take "dye pack" and change the three color values?), and 2. were probably made a month ago and stuck in a "we'll drip-feed these items to the zen store over time!" queue?

(note: I'm not interested in buying any of the new things they released. I just don't see their existance as some sort of cosmic conspiracy and/or pact with satan.)

towards this, I have to agree. the tomb spider was even in closed beta. it was removed. it took maybe a few minutes to enable it back into the game.

• Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet you had the time to make a thread to complain.

P.S. In case you legitimately didn't know, there are patch notes for every maintenance, it's on the forums and there's usually a link to it in the launcher as well.

P.P.S. Maybe I'm missing something, but the boss fights I've seen so far, if somewhat samey, have been significantly different in my experience. They take different preparation and strategies - for example, what worked for Mad Dragon made us wipe in Gray Wolf over and over.

P.P.P.S. I find the criticism of "boss + adds" design to be getting ridiculous. It's like someone mentioned it once and everyone decided to repeat it without thinking. For one thing, that's too **** general for a description. Finally, a vast majority of all boss fights ever is "boss + adds", with adds often giving more trouble than the boss. And from what I've seen so far in NWO, they don't spawn "endlessly", but rather at specific values of boss health.
  • Options
    skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with the "OP"
    as a person who payed 200 dollars cuz i belive in this game i am start getting frustrated
    cuz all i see is patchnotes with new poney in zen shop and some minor bug fixes. and its like every day almost.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I "know" that there are separate development teams, you cannot dispute the fact that people "feel" annoyed when they see the cash shop beefed up and so many fundamental things are broken and have been broken since the CBWs. It does promote the feeling that EVERYTHING is a cash grab.

Before some fanboi comes in and says "do you think these games run for free"? No I do not. They are already making money hand over fist. I also don't mind new things in the cash shop. I am anxiously waiting for a Dragonet companion:D. I also support the game with the occasional zen purchase.

Still, I love NW and really would like it to succeed. The slowness of fixing critical issues does not bode well. They really need to beef up the part of the team that does the troubleshooting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    While I "know" that there are separate development teams, you cannot dispute the fact that people "feel" annoyed when they see the cash shop beefed up and so many fundamental things are broken and have been broken since the CBWs. It does promote the feeling that EVERYTHING is a cash grab.

Before some fanboi comes in and says "do you think these games run for free"? No I do not. They are already making money hand over fist. I also don't mind new things in the cash shop. I am anxiously waiting for a Dragonet companion:D. I also support the game with the occasional zen purchase.

Still, I love NW and really would like it to succeed. The slowness of fixing critical issues does not bode well. They really need to beef up the part of the team that does the troubleshooting.

It is indeed very annoying and in terms of the community's thoughts about the devs, it doesn't help at all. they should be waiting for those zen changes till after things get fixed.

• Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those Zen store items pay the people who address the things you are talking about. And probably weren't even created by people who would fix those issues. In fact, most of the Zen items we've had introduced since start of Open Beta were in the game during Closed Beta, so aren't even new developments, or are trivial to implement dye packs.
    allaerra wrote: »
    t does promote the feeling that EVERYTHING is a cash grab.

Literally everything in the game is a cash grab.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ So you'd rather have people complaining about lack of new additions to the store rather than the presence of new additions to the store? (Because I'm sure the whine would've been comparable.)
  • Options
    skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need give us more information on what going on instand of playing hide and seek with some hints
    we really wanna know when serious patch will be
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    ^ So you'd rather have people complaining about lack of new additions to the store rather than the presence of new additions to the store? (Because I'm sure the whine would've been comparable.)

That does bring up a interesting thought. the Zen Market is lacking. there should be more things in a cash shop than there are. but having a major overhaul on the market wouldn't help anything at the moment. so maybe its just me.

• Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    As a software developer myself I think they would be fixing small things in this "open beta v1" and then roll out larger fixes in an "open beta v2" sort of system. At least, that is how I would do it.
  • Options
    capnwinkythe1stcapnwinkythe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with OP but I also agree that it's a little irrational to think they don't have prioritized teams working on different aspects of the game.

I think the real problem comes from the lack of communication and the disparity in results. When we see things being posted that are asking for money such as "new goat companion on sale BUY BUY BUY" every other day, and Clerics are still running around in fights with their heads cut off wondering why when they heal once the whole dungeon zergs them...then it's probably safe to wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Regardless, I think their priorities are clear. It's about making money first.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The zen store additions were likely created a while ago, and they are just slowly rolling them out. I know some people have mentioned that the spider companion was in one of the weekend betas. They were also created by people who wouldn't be fixing the issues in question.

Also things like balancing the classes takes a lot more time than the simple fixes and exploit fixes that they have been rolling out.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll quote Neverwinter state of the game:
    Of course, fixing issues isn’t the only thing we’re doing. We’ve got a lot of new content in the works that we definitely feel will take Neverwinter to the next level. Right now, we’re putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks. On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one. So, while our engineers, testers, and other team members are addressing maintenance, upkeep, bugs, and network issues, our content creators and artists are working on lots of new things for the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    As a software developer myself I think they would be fixing small things in this "open beta v1" and then roll out larger fixes in an "open beta v2" sort of system. At least, that is how I would do it.

a lot of people are convinced that the major patch wont be out till the game supposedly goes live. but maybe that's just troll talk.

• Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

This... New content and bug fixing are two completely different areas. Simply because a few new items are implemented does not mean that the bugs are not getting worked out. They are two different areas.
  • Options
    clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really despise seeing new items added to the Zen store when the Core game is suffering with many unbalanced issues and bugs. Plus, the load screen issues still exist for the Enclave, and Cryptic seems more concerned with adding new mounts and pets. How about fixing the Agro issues with the Cleric and the Tanks inability to kite mobs because the Cleric is more of a tank then he is right now.

All these issues fall under the uber catch all excuse of....(drum roll)... BETA!

What a great environment it must be for the Project Manager of NW. Your status meetings consist of 2 topics:

Revenue - how much is coming in, how much more can we forecast, what can we do to increase???
    Beta - Everything else.

Management of this game reminds me of time share scams.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is right, the core game needs to prioritized before the add ons. Fix deficient classes before adding more classes, for instance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clanrakka wrote: »
    All these issues fall under the uber catch all excuse of....(drum roll)... BETA!

What a great environment it must be for the Project Manager of NW. Your status meetings consist of 2 topics:

Revenue - how much is coming in, how much more can we forecast, what can we do to increase???
    Beta - Everything else.

Management of this game reminds me of time share scams.

Time share scams is almost a perfect title for this. its stealing our time.. sort of. The game as it is, is not all that great. but in time it will get better.

• Options
    nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a beta, they sure don't seem to pay much attention to gameplay feedback.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1 - 3 minor things fixed per week sounds pretty decent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »
    For a beta, they sure don't seem to pay much attention to gameplay feedback.

You cannot say they don't pay attention to it. 75% of all staff posts are "thank you for the feedback" its just that they aren't using the feedback in a way that the community would like them to.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The items being added to the Zen Store take little to no work.

I am not sure on the specifics but I'm sure they could make dye packs faster than I can type a response to this thread. It's likely a fairly effortless task involving adjusting some variables.

And the compaions are overall pre-existing models requiring no graphical work. Combined with the fact different teams of people work on different tasks there's no loss of focus from the issues within the game by releasing some new items into the shop. :)
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The items being added to the Zen Store take little to no work.

I am not sure on the specifics but I'm sure they could make dye packs faster than I can type a response to this thread. It's likely a fairly effortless task involving adjusting some variables.

And the compaions are overall pre-existing models requiring no graphical work. Combined with the fact different teams of people work on different tasks there's no loss of focus from the issues within the game by releasing some new items into the shop. :)

..... /thread
  • Options
    bonfire01bonfire01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    P.P.S. Maybe I'm missing something, but the boss fights I've seen so far, if somewhat samey, have been significantly different in my experience. They take different preparation and strategies - for example, what worked for Mad Dragon made us wipe in Gray Wolf over and over.

P.P.P.S. I find the criticism of "boss + adds" design to be getting ridiculous. It's like someone mentioned it once and everyone decided to repeat it without thinking. For one thing, that's too **** general for a description. Finally, a vast majority of all boss fights ever is "boss + adds", with adds often giving more trouble than the boss. And from what I've seen so far in NWO, they don't spawn "endlessly", but rather at specific values of boss health.

Boss fights are very samey. Kill adds as priority, stay out of red circles/boxes. You might also have kill adds before the boss can heal off them I guess but that's still killing adds as priority :). Also exactly what the red circle or box in question does varies, but it's always bad and you always avoid it so whether it's damage, damage + KD, damage + stun etc is kinda irrelevant.

Adds are indeed endless in most (all?) end of dungeon boss fights. They add little things constantly. You are right that larger adds are at health thresholds though.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Xen,. you can show yourself right out the door if you don't like my comments. personally I don't care what you think or how you like my comments. Take your self righteous self and leave, and don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out you smug little prick!

If you don't care what someone says then why post in a public forum?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein