test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greedy...

lassewtlassewt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
30 bugs for an epic mount on ONE char. That's half the cost of a game right there. And some people are stupid enough to buy them.
Post edited by lassewt on

Comments

• wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lassewt wrote: »
    30 bugs for an epic mount on ONE char. That's half the cost of a game right there. And some people are stupid enough to buy them.

Only 30 BUGS for an epic mount?

Hell, I will give them 35 BUGS for one!

/em runs outside to start collecting bugs
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30 bugs ..... this games full of bugs does that mean we are all getting free epic mounts now?
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you are referring to the rank 3 zen shop mounts that costs $30 or $40. You get a copy of it for all of your characters.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • regainedregained Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats how you pay 10 times more for Free2Play games as opposite to Pay2Play :D
    edited May 2013
    regained wrote: »
    Thats how you pay 10 times more for Free2Play games as opposite to Pay2Play :D

But you do get a perfectly decent permanent mount for 5G in Neverwinter.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Mounts are account bound.

In other words when you buy a mount via the Zen Store it is available on every character for free (No 5 Gold Requirement) once the character reaches level 20.
    Compared to other MMO's which charged 20 dollars or so for a cosmetic mount which is only good on one character I see it as a good deal. *shrugs and smiles*

There are certainly products in the cash shop I can't defend but mounts is certainly one of the good values when you look at the actual product rather than the price.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want a bought mount, you should shell out for the founders pack to get it on each character. That is actually the only thing worthwhile in the pack, and the reason I spent $60 on it. I will probably have 1 of each class at 60.... that is already only $10 per mount for me and it goes down as more classes are added.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    as long as there are working class people who casually play mmorpg, there will be always unfinished p2w games that makes money over n00bs..
    besides that as far as i know , if you buy a mount all your characters get it.. not to mention 3000 zen = 1million AD at exchange so you don't have to pay in real cash if you know how to make money in the game..
  • lassewtlassewt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have a subscription model then. It breaks a gameflow when you have to buy all this **** just to keep up. I could live with it if the prices weren't so outrageous.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    But you do get a perfectly decent permanent mount for 5G in Neverwinter.

In the long term that would actually be the ripoff. As while it only costs 5g to buy. It would cost 3 times as much zen worths of AD to upgrade the gold mounts to epic than it would to just buy the zen shop mount in the first place. And that IS just for one character.
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    If you want a bought mount, you should shell out for the founders pack to get it on each character. That is actually the only thing worthwhile in the pack, and the reason I spent $60 on it. I will probably have 1 of each class at 60.... that is already only $10 per mount for me and it goes down as more classes are added.

Or you could buy the $30 mount and only spend half of what you are paying for the $60?
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    In the long term that would actually be the ripoff. As while it only costs 5g to buy. It would cost 3 times as much zen worths of AD to upgrade the gold mounts to epic than it would to just buy the zen shop mount in the first place. And that IS just for one character.

You can upgrade your 5g mount in Neverwinter? I did not know that ^__^

Though its something thats not needed as in the basic mount does a good job going from A to B.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    You can upgrade your 5g mount in Neverwinter? I did not know that ^__^

Though its something thats not needed as in the basic mount does a good job going from A to B.

Yeah, the mount vendor sells training in another tab. But the cost is nearly 3 million AD to go all the way from rank 1 to 3.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the mount vendor sells training in another tab. But the cost is nearly 3 million AD to go all the way from rank 1 to 3.

GAD O_O" Why does that give me a strange feeling of DEJAVU u_U
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I see the training manuals going for cheaper than what the vendor sells them for on the Auction House.
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I see the training manuals going for cheaper than what the vendor sells them for on the Auction House.

Not talking about the AH at all. Anyone selling them for cheaper on the AH is losing money. From the mount guy:
    768,000 to go from rank 1 to 2.
    2,064,000 to go from rank 2 to 3.

My point was that those that want rank 3 speed would be better off turning that AD into zen and buying a rank 3 mount from the shop. That'd get them a fast mount for all characters. Still don't understand why the AD cost is so high to upgrade them.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In other words when you buy a mount via the Zen Store it is available on every character for free (No 5 Gold Requirement) once the character reaches level 20.
    Compared to other MMO's which charged 20 dollars or so for a cosmetic mount which is only good on one character I see it as a good deal. *shrugs and smiles*

There are certainly products in the cash shop I can't defend but mounts is certainly one of the good values when you look at the actual product rather than the price.

One thing I think would help people in that regard is to put in the Zen store and on Lock boxes, that the mounts are account bound (with a note that Mounts are character bound on LB's) ...there is a lot of misinformation out there, and certain folks love to use that misinformation when complaining about the cash shop prices.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    And games can't run on $15/mo this has been a fact for awhile now so companies went to F2P model. Why did this do this? Because the gaming community refuses to think subscription prices should go up even though it has been the same for 13yrs. But we keep paying the same for games that has 10X less content. They have to make the money to keep the servers running and the people employed and since we are too pigheaded to allow higher subscriptions fees this is what you get. Playing 100+ a money on a f2P game and thinking it is better than a sub. All a buck of silly children that have no idea how companies work or what gaming is about.

Until we get higher sub fees and unique IPs back you won't have a good MMO again.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beetles are not currency.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will 30 Cicadas do?

cicada2.jpg
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there aint no bugs on me!
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTS Mount for 30 Bugs *facepalm*
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have a subscription model then. It breaks a gameflow when you have to buy all this **** just to keep up. I could live with it if the prices weren't so outrageous.

Then go pay for a subscription game. You knew coming in this was F2P.
  • healzbothealzbot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hrm... OK, looking at the actual product. Less work on modeling and graphical design than is required to make a new monster type. Inherited scripting functionality that is already finished, so extremely little needed to be done there. The product is extremely little work, comparatively. But hey, people seem happy to throw $40 at it, so why not push out a bunch of fluff that can be created in a couple of days rather than develop actual end game content!
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I'm not sure what games you're refering to, where cosmetic mounts cost 20 dollars, but they're not the ones you should take examples from. 40 bucks for a mount is beyond reasonable.

As you mention, there are even worse things in the cash shop..... 6 bucks for a respec?

And yes people, he misspelled bucks for bugs, we get it. Haha, lets make half the posts on this thread about how he misspelled it and how you would be pleased to pay in bugs. Good on you for being original.
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The flip side of this argument is that there are also other MMOs which charge far less than $40 (or even $20) for a mount, while still having them available for all characters on the account. Let's not point out one extreme without pointing out the other. *shrugs and smiles*
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the new economy. Where other games hope to sell you their entire game for $40-$60, Cryptic will sell you a pretend pony for $40 and that’s not even needed to play, unless you PVP and then it sort of is, if you want to (or even care to) win.

But it’s a market economy; you give it value by buying it. Some people have dropped over $200 on this game. If you PVP then you will find the mobility a winning sales point. If you just PVE then it’s just the matter of getting across town; $40 to get from one side of the Protectors Enclave to the other. I don’t know if there is a way to put a favorable price tag on that.

Now if getting across the zone before anyone else is important, if you are that person that sits at the end of the road waiting for someone to come running through so that you can race them and inevitably win, then there could be some real worth in it. Although, arguably, the value might be better placed in some therapy, but who am I to judge.

Cryptic may yet make some content inimical to the pedestrian and while I would view that as a really crummy move, it would raise the value of Clonies, Wizonies, Ronies, Greatweapon and Guardian Fonies.

I don’t mind the run, don’t play PVP and don’t need to beat runners to the far gate.

So I have no need for a horse that costs as much as a whole better game.

P.S.
    Having said all that, I will still drop 2 gold on a mount. Pretend horse for pretend money. Even I can’t resist that.
  • morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If it is available to all characters in the same account, how do you transfer them to another character? I once tried to mail an account-bound item (exp booster), and I couldnt place it in the mail, giving me the same error message as character-bound items.
  • theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only thing mounts are even useful is in pvp. so if you don't really pvp, you don't really need a mount.
  • budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or... just use a regular-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mount.

Jeez.
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."