test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone still playing?

derzigderzig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dungeon Queues seem to take forever on the Dragon server over the last few days, have large numbers of players moved on? I was hoping the three to five DC's we had on our server would keep queuing for dungeons, but it doesn't look like they are! Maybe I'll wait until a DD and find out, most people probably only join up for T1/T2 gear now.
Post edited by derzig on

Comments

• Options
    kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Queues are pretty long when it's not DD. However, once it starts zone chat is spammed. There are more people creating premade groups than queuing, because the system is terrible. If anything, I've seen an increase of players on Beholder.

P.S Don't trust the forum for when it comes to the status of the game. General Discussion is another term for "Cry here if the game isn't 100% fit to you"
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queues are pretty long when it's not DD. However, once it starts zone chat is spammed. There are more people creating premade groups than queuing, because the system is terrible. If anything, I've seen an increase of players on Beholder

Yeah, I've given up queueing and just do LFG in Zone chat, regardless of if it's DD time or not. Usually there's enough people in any given zone wanting to do their daily that it doesn't take long at all to get a group together.
  • Options
    kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you stopped spamming GD with your vitriol you'd have a group by now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Queues are pretty long when it's not DD. However, once it starts zone chat is spammed. There are more people creating premade groups than queuing, because the system is terrible. If anything, I've seen an increase of players on Beholder.

P.S Don't trust the forum for when it comes to the status of the game. General Discussion is another term for "Cry here if the game isn't 100% fit to you"

Well, that is an idea, I admittedly haven't tried getting into premade parties. I'm just getting really frustrated with the game, I want it to be great, but it just seems like it's falling short. I've been a huge DnD fan (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN, all great games) and I had lofty expectations for the game. I personally wouldn't have any issues at all with dropping a decent bit of cash on the game, but I just can't find any reason to do it at this point.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaninchen wrote: »
    Maybe if you stopped spamming GD with your vitriol you'd have a group by now.

If only that were true, but I've posted and queued simultaneously with consistent results.
  • Options
    lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said I was leaving on forums after the rollback to get a better gift from PWE but that didnt work as the gift sucked. But i still never left, just getting my third toon to 60 today.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No..no one is is playing, the hundred and twenty five instances of Protectors Enclave is all an illusion. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    labmouse42labmouse42 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    I'm still playing it, but I'm a casual player.
    I spend most of my time either PVPing or checking out what people made in foundry quests.
    Foundry Quests
    Author : @labmouse43
    Short Code : NW-DJHHV5CGY
    Name : The Frosty Protologist
    Duration : 15 minutes
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Barely playing.. mostly crafting ....
  • Options
    triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger and TERA-Online. To much problems with NV. Wish I could get me $60 back
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    ​DUH​ I am
  • Options
    jaer44jaer44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had an extended play session since last week or so, personally the game doesn't have enough to hold my attention even in the casual sense. I'm not sure what entirely turned me away from it, but I can say the recent issues with the exploits etc hasn't helped the matter at all.

I'd log in with intention to play, but after only a minute or so in the game, I just log out. To each their own I guess.
  • Options
    trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    jaer44 wrote: »
    I haven't had an extended play session since last week or so, personally the game doesn't have enough to hold my attention even in the casual sense. I'm not sure what entirely turned me away from it, but I can say the recent issues with the exploits etc hasn't helped the matter at all.

I'd log in with intention to play, but after only a minute or so in the game, I just log out. To each their own I guess.

Thats whats happening to me also i log in then get all mehhhhh. I even thought maybe i will reroll character started to then just got bored and the fact that the characters have to many issues i dont want to start new toon to then figure out they got nerfed. Or dont get fixed for another month or 2.
  • Options
    sanador62sanador62 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always on mouselook = not the game for me or all my former WoW friends. Sad, I was excited for the potential of this one.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, I'm not playing anymore, just a few pvp games... when I can join any, to reach 60 since I'm 59 3/4 and get some AD dailies.

I just raise my craft skill via gateway while waiting for gauntlgrym or a decent pvp patch, meaning :
    - balancing classes patch
    - bots fix patch
    - joining fix patch

Regards...
  • Options
    primejiveprimejive Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW forums in WOTLK had a bunch of QQIng, and that was the games best state.

Lol... No it was not. That was the bloated Elvis in Vegas state. Right before he was found dead on the toilet, constipated & full of horse tranquilizers.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    derzig wrote: »
    Well, that is an idea, I admittedly haven't tried getting into premade parties. I'm just getting really frustrated with the game, I want it to be great, but it just seems like it's falling short. I've been a huge DnD fan (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN, all great games) and I had lofty expectations for the game. I personally wouldn't have any issues at all with dropping a decent bit of cash on the game, but I just can't find any reason to do it at this point.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.

Same, D&D fans cant get what they want from this game. Expectations and standards are incredibly high with folks that played those games, this does fall short... Frustratingly short... i want it to be good too.
  • Options
    chronus4chronus4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want this game to be good. My problem is that I am sick of Pvping with half the people being bots it is a waste of 15 -20 mins . Even worse is when half of your team or more are bots and you are left to just fight by yourself. I would really like to run some dungeons if I didn't have to wait 30 mins to an hour for a dungeon or a skirmish to queue up if lucky. I fear this game will be going south fast unless they can fix the bugs and find a way to stop the bots. and as for the person putting up number for protectors Enclave really wonder what percentage of that 2900 are bots..
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chronus4 wrote: »
    I really want this game to be good. My problem is that I am sick of Pvping with half the people being bots it is a waste of 15 -20 mins . Even worse is when half of your team or more are bots and you are left to just fight by yourself. I would really like to run some dungeons if I didn't have to wait 30 mins to an hour for a dungeon or a skirmish to queue up if lucky. I fear this game will be going south fast unless they can fix the bugs and find a way to stop the bots. and as for the person putting up number for protectors Enclave really wonder what percentage of that 2900 are bots..

What exactly would these bots be doing in Protector's Enclave? There are no nodes in the zone itself. Do you think a large percentage of people in protector's enclave are market bots?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    People who are unhappy with the game are way more likely to post on the forums than people who are happy with the game, thats just common sense, what are most forum posts about? People's suggestions about how to improve the game. People happily playing the game may occasionally go to the forums to post or to lurk but certainly not as often as people who are happy, lets look at the numbers right now in the forums and game for an example of this, as of this post the following is the amount of people browsing the forums:

News: 26 viewing
    Patch Notes 24 viewing
    General Discussion 285 viewing
    Gameplay 131 viewing
    Foundry 24 viewing
    Guild 17 viewing
    Bug Reports 29 viewing
    Other subforums 4 of less than 10 each.

Total players viewing the forums during primetime in America right now: A little under 600.

Players in Protector's Enclave on Dragon right now: 2,900. Considering its right in the middle of a PvP hour and thats just one server of 3, I think that number of people playing right now is conservatively over 10k if not much much higher(I'm not going to port to every zone to figure that out.)

So right now, in prime time about 5% of the people playing right now are on the forums(and that doesn't even consider the fact that people in the forum may not be in the game.) So while you are right, most players will probably view the forums on occasion, its clearly not a majority who are posting or even looking while they're on, your anecdote notwithstanding(I find it hard to believe that 80 people you work with play MMOs but thats neither here nor there.)

It's pretty commonly known that forum-goers are a minority of any given mmo's playerbase. The mistake that often gets made is the belief that only those who go to forums are unhappy. If the last 6-7 years or so are any indication, the trend of big numbers at launch followed by unhappy forum goers then large drops in subscribers (or players) would indicate that the negative opinions aren't such a minority after all.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm still playing, because despite its flaws, there's just something about it that draws me in. But I must admit, I have noticed a drop in population over the past week or so. I've even noticed a decrease in Auction House listings.

As for dungeons, I've done a few of them and that was enough for me, NEVER AGAIN! Maybe other people are starting to feel the same way and have stopped doing them too.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still craft from my mobile and login everyday to pray :P.. thats all i do i pray and log off
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't played in about a week and a galf.. The is boring.. Takes forever to get groups for instances (dungeons, Skiermis, Foundry).. Plus I hate the fact that it takes forever for a free2play okayer to get anything for diamonds... It takes months to even get a decent a companion usable at high lvl. It doesn't even take long to lvl up a character and to get fully geared... But it takes months to even get enough diamonds for a companion thats not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at high lvls.... Plus I really don't like the prices for items in the zen/diamond store... I have set a point to where I will never spend more then $20 a month because spending more on small <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that should be attainable in game is a wreap off... How do you go from spending $15 a month for everything in the game to paying over $100 just for a few items in the store...

Just about all other free2play games items are gainable through ingame means and spending anywhere from $20 to $50 a month will get you a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load items... I see neverwinter as a rip off...I play so many other games that afre free2play and sub base and I will always go for sub base or a game where you can get a decent amount of items for playing the game or rhough spending a few bucks...

It seems like the way neverwinter did there free2play is where a few players will spend over $1000 on the game in a week and the money that they spend is pretty much paying for the free to play players.. Kinda funny...

Free 2 play should be a system to where if a player spends more then $15 a month in a game then they will get full access to the game for the rest of the month with added benifits.. If you spend $30 then you get more items and benifits for the month.. That is how I see a free2play game...
  • Options
    zerkagezerkage Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry if you can't handle the fact that you're playing a BETA! You are informed from the start that there will be bugs, so what the programmers can't fix everything YOU spot in such a limited time. Deal with it like everyone else.
  • Options
    countgrishnackh6countgrishnackh6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is... ESO cant come fast enough...

Im done with this game...
    The last nail in the coffin, was me trying to the last piece of the Stalwart Bulwark set... the Helm... dropped in Lair of the Mad Dragon..

That T1 dungeon is so effing ridiculous ... Karru was easier and its T2? How does that make sense?
    Also forget about queuing... the other day I spent 45mins trying to find a group... & te worst is, after spending over an hour in the dungeon, and failing the end boss multiple times... someone leaves... JUST GREAT... time wasted ... it was all in vain...

Then I thought to myself... why am I doing this... once I have my complete set, then what?... the next "best" set is Timeless ... but its more suited for PvP... so what is there left to do?... Im tired of this game...

* not to self: never play another PW game...ever .. my first and last time*

Edit: dont get me started on the exploits/rollback
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing daily and still more than I should. :)

However, I mostly do Foundry quests, professions and level alts, so I don't add to the dungeon pool at 60. Since I'm not in a rush, I wait for the need/greed system to be a little tweaked and the dungeon finder to assemble viable groups (that is, groups with a cleric). Waiting around for one isn't fun and there are other things to do that I enjoy, like the aforementioned Foundry questing.

The game is certainly thriving on Dragon. Maybe fewer people run T1 and T2 dungeons, but that's not all there is to Neverwinter. Seems a lot more lively than other MMOs I play.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check the instances THOUSANDS are playing . No the question is is anyone queuing and if not whats putting them off?
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I'm playing daily and still more than I should. :)

However, I mostly do Foundry quests, professions and level alts, so I don't add to the dungeon pool at 60. Since I'm not in a rush, I wait for the need/greed system to be a little tweaked and the dungeon finder to assemble viable groups (that is, groups with a cleric). Waiting around for one isn't fun and there are other things to do that I enjoy, like the aforementioned Foundry questing.

The game is certainly thriving on Dragon. Maybe fewer people run T1 and T2 dungeons, but that's not all there is to Neverwinter. Seems a lot more lively than other MMOs I play.

I'm exactly the same at the moment in regards to Dungeon's. I've stopped bothering doing Dungeons on my GWF, takes too long to find a group then when you do the chances of actually completing said dungeon is quite low. Whether it be someone leaves part way through, right at the end or getting kicked being a GWF.

Currently lvling a CW, fingers crossed the balance patch sorts some stuff out.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    well, most people didn't queue until "rush hour" so, its usual if queue is take a long time to wait
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i log to pray and professions thats it :)
    nothing to see here