test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dont listen to the haters and be misinformed

chozanonechozanone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Continue to add content to the ZEN market place, adding content keeps the game fresh and profitable.
The game needs more classes like 3 weeks ago, if you have your development team just try to "balance the game" you will lose the people you want to keep and keep the ones who are playing for free and wont spend a dime on it.

There is no such thing as a balanced MMO, balancing instead of adding new content is exactly why everyone is dropping Warcraft for this game.

Blizzard failed because they are running 8 bit character models because they are too busy balancing classes. Why would I pay for that? Fork over 14.99 a month to see a sword swing get increased in damage.. ZZzzzzZZZ

Right now your Dev Team should be cranking out new classes, new abilities as races, its truly the one thing that hurts this game.

Eq1 out for 15 years? yup still not balanced and full of bugs
WOW out what 8 years? balance = no, full of bugs after each patch = yes
Fight the battles that make the game fun, not the ones that appease <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a copy of excel.
Post edited by chozanone on

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PVP should be fun, not fair. Life aint fair and quite frankly neither should PVP!

OP is right, it will NEVER be balanced and you will never appease that customer know matter how hard you try and what you do. I addition to that, PVP really doesn't fit with D&D so I was surprised to see how well you have actually done with it, Hats off to the makers of the game.

Basically, I agree with the OP. I got slaughtered by Rogues all the way from 30 through 60 and I had no problem accepting that as just the way it goes.
  • Options
    nazzy52nazzy52 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    OMG!! I am soo glad the OP isn't running this game.
    WOW is going on ten yrs now,and isn't a failure by any stretch.This game has severe bugs which need fixed asap,if you cannot understand that,you must not be actually playing.Also,saying the only thing hurting the game are things that are not in it?!?!? Really?
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nazzy52 wrote: »
    WOW is going on ten yrs now,and isn't a failure by any stretch.This game has severe bugs which need fixed asap,if you cannot understand that,you must not be actually playing.Also,saying the only thing hurting the game are things that are not in it?!?!? Really?

Blizzfanboy spotted.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Which bugs?
  • Options
    nazzy52nazzy52 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Blizzfanboy spotted.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Soo,anyone not slamming wow is a fanboy??? gotcha!!

Look,I love this game and obviously D&D,but it has some things that needs fixed,calling ppl who admit such things names doesn't really make you look good.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    It is possible to have all classes viable and somewhat balanced. Just because some of you lack the ability to come up with constructive balance ideas doesn't mean it's impossible. Sure there may be always a class better at something, but to force other classes out of existence because of your poor way of thinking is terrible. With your logic it wouldn't matter if there were 10 classes and only 2 were used, that would be completely acceptable!
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soo,anyone not slamming wow is a fanboy??? gotcha!!

Look,I love this game and obviously D&D,but it has some things that needs fixed,calling ppl who admit such things names doesn't really make you look good.

No, but people who blindly say : "This game needs to be more like WoW, because WoW is successful!"

are fanboys.

The only one who looks bad is you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, but people who blindly say : "This game needs to be more like WoW, because WoW is successful!"

are fanboys.

LOL,where did I say this game needs to be more like WOW? Take yur time quoting me,I'll wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WOW is going on ten yrs now,and isn't a failure by any stretch.This game has severe bugs which need fixed

/tencharss
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chozanone wrote: »
    Continue to add content to the ZEN market place, adding content keeps the game fresh and profitable. The game needs more classes like 3 weeks ago, if you have your development team just try to "balance the game" you will lose the people you want to keep and keep the ones who are playing for free and wont spend a dime on it.

Your plan is to keep adding new stuff without caring how bugged or unbalanced they are? GWF is a broken mess? Roll a ranger and stop whining.
    Blizzard failed

Trollface.jpg
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    /tencharss

You are a fuc.king moron in every topic you post in. His response was a direct response to someone saying Blizzard failed (lolwut). Nowhere did he say the game needs to be like WoW. However, it wouldn't hurt at this point because this game sucks balls.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

are fanboys.

Nope. Anyone defending the company no matter how bad it gets is a fanboi. People making suggestions for things that can make this game better, and using working examples in other more successful games to show that it works, are making a good case for those things to happen. The difference is so huge, its not even an apples to apples, or even an apples to oranges comparison. Its more like apples to sherman tanks. Some people still dont see the difference however....and yet use the term "blindly" in their own accusations.
  • Options
    biohazzard1biohazzard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW is the first mmo.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    It is possible to have all classes viable and somewhat balanced. Just because some of you lack the ability to come up with constructive balance ideas doesn't mean it's impossible. Sure there may be always a class better at something, but to force other classes out of existence because of your poor way of thinking is terrible. With your logic it wouldn't matter if there were 10 classes and only 2 were used, that would be completely acceptable!

The argument of balance in PVP has never made sense to me. The solution has been there since the beginning of time. People just don't want to deal with it because they want the world to revolve around them. Or their particular character and class.

I.e. Team Balance: If 1 Cleric, 3 Rogues and 1 Great Weapons fighter make the "ULTIMATE UNBEATABLE PVP TEAM!!!!!" then form that team prior to entering PVP.

But Waaaaahhhh!! I don't have a Cleric, a Rogue or a Great Weapons Fighter!! It's not BALANCED!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!! Waahhhh!

Then, Make one. Accounts are free. You can make as many as you like, you can play every class in the game. For free!

You can have a Character just for PVP, You can have a Character just for PVE. You can do whatever you like. So...if both teams enter with the same team make up of the "ULTIMATE PVP TEAM!!!!" then, well, How is it NOT Balanced?

It is, perfectly, but again, it goes back to people wanting things to be custom catered to them. So you can do what I am saying or you can come to the Forums for the next 30 years in every video game you play and cry about it.

The choice is yours.

If you want perfect 1 vs 1 PVP Balance you best go buy an XBOX and start playing First Person Shooters there. Or play PC Games like Counterstrike.

If Rogue is a god in PVP...I dunno...you can complain about it and demand that other players get their character nerfed, or demand that yours gets buffed or you could, I dunno, Play a Rogue!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    /tencharss

UMM, LOL... I'll keep waiting for you to quote where I said I want this game to be WOW.If you actually read,I was telling the OP WOW has actually been around for almost ten yrs.This is a fact..not like you have much of a clue what facts are. NWO has a fresh feel to it,A feel I really like and want to see be successfull,but it has some things that need attention ASAP.I really like that this game is not WOW,but I have a feeling all you want to do is call ppl names and try and look like a hater.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP would make a good point if a dev team worked "in serial" and not "in parallel", but nothing should prevent them to do new content AND class balance changes / bug fixes at the same time.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    UMM, LOL... I'll keep waiting for you to quote where I said I want this game to be WOW.If you actually read,I was telling the OP WOW has actually been around for almost ten yrs.This is a fact..not like you have much of a clue what facts are. NWO has a fresh feel to it,A feel I really like and want to see be successfull,but it has some things that need attention ASAP.I really like that this game is not WOW,but I have a feeling all you want to do is call ppl names and try and look like a hater.

It was implied, everyone who read this thread knows it was implied. You lost, he quoted you and you lost. Move along.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    It was implied, everyone who read this thread knows it was implied. You lost, he quoted you and you lost. Move along.

I was actually about to link him to the definition of the word "inferred"

But I think "implied" fits even better ;)
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW is the first mmo.

Nahh Neverwinter* is the first MMORPG

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_(MMORPG)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Nope. Anyone defending the company no matter how bad it gets is a fanboi. People making suggestions for things that can make this game better, and using working examples in other more successful games to show that it works, are making a good case for those things to happen. The difference is so huge, its not even an apples to apples, or even an apples to oranges comparison. Its more like apples to sherman tanks. Some people still dont see the difference however....and yet use the term "blindly" in their own accusations.

"WoW has been going on for 10 years"

Is NOT making a suggestion on "how to make the game better".

Although I applaud your effort to out me as a "troll", you failed, please try again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was actually about to link him to the definition of the word "inferred"

But I think "implied" fits even better ;)

I guess this is the proof,some of you trolls don't read,,just go into attack mode. GG
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    T
    If Rogue is a god in PVP...I dunno...you can complain about it and demand that other players get their character nerfed, or demand that yours gets buffed or you could, I dunno, Play a Rogue!!!!

The point of PvP is not make one character a God. All PvP is based around the age old Rock vs Paper vs Scissors. What is the point of it all being Rogue vs Rogue?

The time tested system went something like:

Rogue beats warrior due to faster speed and evasion/stealth and warrior being a single target fighter

Wizards beats rogue due to AOEs that negate stealth and CC that negates speed.

Warrior beats Wizard due to high amounts of HP, higher AC and the Wizards low HP.

However skill should determine greatly weather the foundation is upheld. Any skilled rogue can beat a Wizard, skilled Wizard beats warrior, etc... PvP should be all about the player skills and not the characters mass single skill damage out put. That is what balance is. It's not all of us having the same skill set. It's about knowing when to use a skill that breaks CC and having the wit and reaction to do so, knowing how your skills work in conjunction with the rest of your teams skills.

PvP should not be "OH look a rogue, well no point in fighting cause I'm already dead." People that are wanting an alpha PvP class are simply afraid of a fair fight and afraid to loose. So they jump on the cookie cutter talent trees of what ever class is hot this week. If you want to be forced to play a single class with a single build, I suggest you jump onto an XBox game that will give you that linear path. This is am MMO that some people have paid for, and they deserve the ability to play it however they see fit.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW is the first mmo.

Kill yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    The point of PvP is not make one character a God. All PvP is based around the age old Rock vs Paper vs Scissors. What is the point of it all being Rogue vs Rogue?

The time tested system went something like:

Rogue beats warrior due to faster speed and evasion/stealth and warrior being a single target fighter

Wizards beats rogue due to AOEs that negate stealth and CC that negates speed.

Warrior beats Wizard due to high amounts of HP, higher AC and the Wizards low HP.

However skill should determine greatly weather the foundation is upheld. Any skilled rogue can beat a Wizard, skilled Wizard beats warrior, etc... PvP should be all about the player skills and not the characters mass single skill damage out put. That is what balance is. It's not all of us having the same skill set. It's about knowing when to use a skill that breaks CC and having the wit and reaction to do so, knowing how your skills work in conjunction with the rest of your teams skills.

PvP should not be "OH look a rogue, well no point in fighting cause I'm already dead." People that are wanting an alpha PvP class are simply afraid of a fair fight and afraid to loose. So they jump on the cookie cutter talent trees of what ever class is hot this week. If you want to be forced to play a single class with a single build, I suggest you jump onto an XBox game that will give you that linear path. This is am MMO that some people have paid for, and they deserve the ability to play it however they see fit.

Well said!! A game with everyone playing the same class is a dead game.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    The argument of balance in PVP has never made sense to me. The solution has been there since the beginning of time. People just don't want to deal with it because they want the world to revolve around them. Or their particular character and class.
    Exactly..."balancing" PVP just means you've F ed PVE usefulness.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)