test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Final boss in Temple of the Spider harder after patch?

shizzy01shizzy01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I haven't seen any other threads about this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if I'm just crazy. I'm a cleric with a 9356 gear score, and I've solo healed the final boss in the temple of the spider multiple times. After today's patch, however, teammates seemed to be taking an insane amount of damage from the adds. Multiple people were dying while standing inside my astral shield only like 20 seconds after the pull.

We weren't even able to come close to killing the boss, and of course I was blamed for being a terrible cleric. Has anyone else noticed anything like this, or was I mysteriously failing somehow, after doing the same thing I've always had success with?

Edit: Should have mentioned I'm referring to epic temple of the spider
Post edited by shizzy01 on

Comments

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shizzy01 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any other threads about this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if I'm just crazy. I'm a cleric with a 9356 gear score, and I've solo healed the final boss in the temple of the spider multiple times. After today's patch, however, teammates seemed to be taking an insane amount of damage from the adds. Multiple people were dying while standing inside my astral shield only like 20 seconds after the pull.

We weren't even able to come close to killing the boss, and of course I was blamed for being a terrible cleric. Has anyone else noticed anything like this, or was I mysteriously failing somehow, after doing the same thing I've always had success with?

Edit: Should have mentioned I'm referring to epic temple of the spider

I did it after the patch, only thing I noticed is that there was a lot more adds spawning at certain phases of the fight. Loads of small spiders and even a phase spider. Never seen that before. Didnt seem to be more damage or anything.

Did your teammates knock back all the blademasters so they can charge, charge and charge some more? Or ignore adds in the beginning? Need to clean up the room a bit before starting with the boss.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    they fix the exploits but for me in the very wrong way. Its okay if you can kill a boss using tricks like traps, but it is become a bug if it can be killed just 1 hit, and the fix, disable it, thats it. now I likely understand why no trapper class on this game :(
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I managed to punt adds for the duration of the fight solo. It's really easy - shield, steal time (it casts while they get back to you), chill strike TAB, black hole. Rinse, repeat.

Adds are always either far away from group (shield) or unable to attack (steal time, black hole).
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did this post patch with a team consisting of one of each class, it is far harder than it was but completely doable with stun rotations keeping the adds at bay and off of the healer. The blademasters charging can be problematic however after 4 attempts and getting our stun rotation in order it went very smoothly. This fight takes some coordination/communication now where as before it was just a matter of tossing things over a ledge.
  • oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    9,3k is like nothing - get better gear and u will be more successful in this game. Or do it with a second DC if u cant heal it solo. I myself have no probs with my DC solo healing it. Maybe checkout other Threads about spec. or skills u should use. Maybe u have wrong spec. I dunno. Maybe its also a "l2p" thing?
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She is not hard, the problem is that she keep healing and warping everywhere make her hard to kill. Try with 3 people today and not enough DPS on boss.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did it yesterday- it doesn't seem much different, if at all. It can be tough if the group's DPS is rubbish, or not focussed on the boss though. As she loses HP, she sacrifices adds to heal herself. If she doesn't do this, the group can be swamped with adds. It's actually a fight where everyone is supposed to ignore adds and blindly beat on the boss (rather horribly) :)
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is that the new strategy? Everyone boss zerg, and ignore adds?

I completely understand and agree with Cryptic making it so that the boss couldn't suicide after players off the ledge, but I am disappointed that instead of just fixing her, they instead walled off the entire ledge and pit. I thought it was cool having the adds get tossed off while the boss was dps'ed down, it felt like everyone was in their role. GF held boss, GWF helped toss/kill adds, DC kept everyone alive and helped toss adds sometimes, CW totally pitched adds, Rogues melted boss's face off. I really wish Cryptic had taken the time to fix that exploit in a more precise fashion, y'know with a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer.
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Your doing something REALLY WRONG than...

I did the Epic Spider boss 5 times last night (Solo Healer) 10k gear Score and I had no issue at all and didn't even have to pot. Its a great fight and long as you have your Control Wizard and others deal w/ the adds and everyone piles the boss its not bad at all. Still a really really good fight and a great challenge. I hope they don't change it and dumb it down like people keep *****ing about.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you don't do something about the blademasters charging and wailing on the healer, the fight is impossible to solo heal. This is especially the case if the boss decides to randomly teleport to the healer and knock her prone while boss is above 75% HP (below that she stops teleporting).

With the typical double cleric setup, you can ignore the blademasters, though all the other aspects of the fight are as important as single cleric setup (spiders, aoe, etc).

I find it interesting how before the patch, the fight (not using the 1-shot boss exploit) was a legitimate "pull" fight with adds. Post patch, the fight is now a "push" fight. So, that was not just an exploit fix and the boss was already hard enough for pugs pre-patch. Now it is an order of magnitude harder for solo healer groups.
  • illmanorsillmanors Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes its like a million times harder as its not possible as a cw or any class that has a push ability to throw the adds off. I suggest dont do it till the find a realistic solution n not add invisible walls
  • shizzy01shizzy01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I was talking about solo healing it before the patch, I was actually doing it without our group throwing the adds over the edge. The encounter is definitely harder now, but I think it may have just been a bad group I was in. I ended up running it a few more times later with a different group, still solo healing it. While it was still harder than it used to be before yesterdays patch, we managed to beat it just fine every time. I guess I was just upset at being blamed for everything at the time I made this thread.
  • leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without giving too much away the afformention bug hasnt been fixed....I saw it yesterday and was disgusted in the idiots I was partied with, just saying and will say no more........plz fix devs! Unskilled peeps shouldnt get the juicy loots!