test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The patch notes I want to see

floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
-Fixed a bug that prevented players who are playing at full config-spec from loading the protectors enclave
-Buffed GWF's at-wills so that they are not the weakest at-will hitters in the game
-Fixed a bug where Guardian Fighters could not pull aggro from basically anything
-Fixed a bug where Guardian Fighters could not block, or experienced a great delay before blocking registered
-Fixed a bug where player characters would sound like zombies
-Fixed a bug where dye drops chance was 0%
-Changed dyes to be purchasable with in-game currency
-Fixed a bug where Zen purchase costs were far too steep (by at least 25%)
-Added a feature where players could obtain anywhere from 1-5 trade bars for completing a quest
-Fixed a bug where entire teams of Trickster Rogues were being matched up in PvP
-Made a trading channel in the PE zone chat
-Made respec tokens purchasable with Astral Diamonds

On the note of Zen, I'm not sure what percentage of the profit Cryptic get out of that. But I absolutely support them, and don't mind sparing a few dollars here and there to show that support. But $6 dollars from one-time-use textures? WTF. I pay $5 in Planetside 2 and get a camo that I can use indefinitely across all of my characters. IMO, if you pay that much for a TEXTURE, you should be able to apply it to ANY piece of armour or clothing that's bound to your character, and use it with ANY character you have. Indefinitely. It sits in a unique inventory slot once you buy it and can't be discarded. And all your characters have it. Forever. New characters start with it in their dye bag.
Post edited by floordan on

Comments

• floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shameless Bump
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    -Confirming all the exploits were a hoax on behalf of the PWE team to see which players were most loyal, the finished game product will now be rolled out from this point onwards.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • rokodssrokodss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noooo.... instead they added some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compagnion and Dye in the ZEN MARKET! WOW THANK U USELESS PERFECTWORLD! I've been doing the 2 same mother****ing map for the last 2 weeks in pvp. BUT WE ALL NEEDED NEW COMPAGNON! Giving 2 more weeks for new content then i out.... gotta be ****ing stupid to take a game out (call it beta if u want, its not) with no content, then let everyone ****ing leave. Worst studio ever so far...
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I prefer:
    - Made 1 free respec token at level 30.
    - put video for skill preview for encounter and at-will power
    - add another Paragon power for each known class
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget the " Fixed the bug regarding unbinding companions. Companions can now be unbound and traded between players"
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    floordan wrote: »
    -Fixed a bug where dye drops chance was 0%
    Hah.

I have yet to see a dye drop too, even though it's in one of the loading tips.

Guess that was another thing they decided to change before release yet forgot to fix the links to it.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh oh don't forget the ever popular DC and aggro.
  • myyth99myyth99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Hah.

I have yet to see a dye drop too, even though it's in one of the loading tips.

Guess that was another thing they decided to change before release yet forgot to fix the links to it.

For that matter, do epics or anything else good really drop outside of instances? I've seen blues, but haven't gone beyond hotenow into whispering caverns and the 60 stuff (multiple toons in the 50's can't decide what to play lol) has just been on my mind.
  • wolfenhowlwolfenhowl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the **** is wrong with these people...? It's mind boggling they are adding useless **** in the cash shop instead of fixing major issues in the game like I don't know...double astral shields? GWF/GF having no bloody use in epic runs? Big terain/boss mechanic exploits?

Do they really think people will keep buying their **** while the game suffers from so many issues?
  • myyth99myyth99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfenhowl wrote: »
    What the **** is wrong with these people...? It's mind boggling they are adding useless **** in the cash shop instead of fixing major issues in the game like I don't know...double astral shields? GWF/GF having no bloody use in epic runs? Big terain/boss mechanic exploits?

Do they really think people will keep buying their **** while the suffers from so many issues?

Personally I'm indifferent but yes, I believe they do, otherwise they wouldn't put it out. I'm also fairly certain since these were around in closed beta that there wasn't much development time put into them (at least by those that would be fixing the major game bugs but who knows).
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Do they really think people will keep buying their **** while the suffers from so many issues?

you do know that there are like 10 companions that were removed from the game. the new companion was just re-added. they didn't develop it.

• ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whine-and-Cheese.jpg

Enjoy.
  • luscarionluscarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Added "raid" feature in game. Raid menu can be accessed with Ctrl + R. Allowed up to 20 players to enter raid.
    -Added raid instance: Maegara's Reawakening, reachable within the depths of Gauntlgrym
    -Added raid instance: Master's Landing, reachable within the depths of The Chasm
    -Added Gauntlgrym
    -Added Archer Ranger
    -Companion Training Tomes are now available for purchase with Astral Diamonds
    -Respec Token available in the Astral Diamond market
    -Fixed a bug where adds repeatedly spawned throughout boss fights.
    -Fixed a bug in Protector's Enclave causing several to fall through the world
    -Fixed a pathing bug in Mount Hotenow which would encourage you to run through walls.
    More to come.
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah this is such a troll thread. almost all of these are not bugs, they are intentional.

• kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dont' support buying dye for in game currency.

If you want to play dressup you can support the devs, it doesn't limit gameplay at all. Perhaps making it available for an extremely expensive price for in game currecny would work.

The rest would be nice changes, I don't expect half of those to be coming in the next patch personally though.

my 2 copper.
  • emkayseeemkaysee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see why people complain about bugs not being fixed and new items in the cash shop.

Usually these are 2 different teams of people.
  • wheeeelzwheeeelz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rokodss wrote: »
    Noooo.... instead they added some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compagnion and Dye in the ZEN MARKET! WOW THANK U USELESS PERFECTWORLD! I've been doing the 2 same mother****ing map for the last 2 weeks in pvp. BUT WE ALL NEEDED NEW COMPAGNON! Giving 2 more weeks for new content then i out.... gotta be ****ing stupid to take a game out (call it beta if u want, its not) with no content, then let everyone ****ing leave. Worst studio ever so far...

I stopped reading at compagnion.
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadly this guys pass more time removing posts or moving threads then working on the game
    nothing to see here
  • avangerisavangeris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Holy **** ur <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.U basically want to remove zen shop.
  • zozannozozanno Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ignore this post.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    zozanno wrote: »
    I think that the celestial tokens are crazy stupid right now. You cannot expect players to log in for 360 consecutive days to get one epic companion - Imagine being 350 days in, and then your internet connection is lost for 30 hours for maintenance, or a family member is gravely ill and you must travel to see them. All your coins - GONE.

When you pray don't you get 2 coins, 1 ardent which is persistent and one celestial which are not persistent . . . the celestial store maxes at 7 coins because you can lose them so easily while the ardent ones you can just keep collecting?
  • zozannozozanno Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    When you pray don't you get 2 coins, 1 ardent which is persistent and one celestial which are not persistent . . . the celestial store maxes at 7 coins because you can lose them so easily while the ardent ones you can just keep collecting?

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm glad this is the case.
  • tabbytreebarktabbytreebark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if it takes a while, I can actually see Cryptic doing quite a few of these (maybe when the game goes live we'll see more opportunities to gain dyes, trade bars and respec tokens). As for some I wouldn't hold my breath but would still be in favour of them. Especially the one about zen items being expensive - I realise that it's possibly that way because maybe Cryptic do only receive a small cut and it's the only way they can benefit from it, but I'd have thought that if they made lots of simple yet cheap items in the zen store, they could earn a lot more that way.

I do think all of these are reasonable suggestions though.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    luscarion wrote: »

I'd be happy with just this one.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    luscarion wrote: »
    -Added "raid" feature in game. Raid menu can be accessed with Ctrl + R. Allowed up to 20 players to enter raid.
    -Added raid instance: Maegara's Reawakening, reachable within the depths of Gauntlgrym
    -Added raid instance: Master's Landing, reachable within the depths of The Chasm
    -Added Gauntlgrym
    -Added Archer Ranger
    -Companion Training Tomes are now available for purchase with Astral Diamonds
    -Respec Token available in the Astral Diamond market
    -Fixed a bug in Protector's Enclave causing several to fall through the world
    -Fixed a pathing bug in Mount Hotenow which would encourage you to run through walls.
    More to come.

No love for melee units? Perhaps GWF and GFs should just be removed from game entirely...
  • floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    No love for melee units? Perhaps GWF and GFs should just be removed from game entirely...

It's certainly starting to feel that way isn't it...

I mean, lets be honest, a big burly guy swinging a two handed great sword SHOULD do more damage than a skinny person with a little dagger. Not that I'm flaming rogues, it's just the logic I derive from the situation.
  • luscarionluscarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »

I actually play a GWF as my main. Someone else offered a GWF suggestion, so I thought it appropriate not to duplicate his post, but in order to appease....

-Increased base damage on Sure Strike, Indomitable Strike, Restoring Strike, and Crescendo as they were far lower than intended
    -Slightly increased base damage on Weapon Master's Strike, Wicked Strike, Roar, and Not So Fast
    -Extended the maximum npc count Slam can affect from 5 to 10
    -Boss encounter adds should no longer spawn when the boss has been defeated
    -New Quest Line involving Josef and Dorothea Linkletter added. Enjoy!
    -Fixed a bug where a Trickster Rogue's Dailies were completely ignoring defenses in PVP. The fix should resolve players being slain in one hit. The change has no effect in PVE.
    -Added a second Paragon Path to all classes. With this, each character is provided 1 free Respec Token and 1 Free Feat Respec.
    More to come.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 totally agree.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do they really think people will keep buying their **** while the game suffers from so many issues?

Obviously Yes.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if it takes a while, I can actually see Cryptic doing quite a few of these (maybe when the game goes live we'll see more opportunities to gain dyes, trade bars and respec tokens)

Bubala, it is live. Look on perfect world's site.