test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feat Calculator (Healing Feats only) - feedback would be awesome!

troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Hi peeps,

I made a feat calculator. Feedback would be awesome!

Unless y'all hate it, I'll expand it to the entire feat tree and transform it into a power calculator as well.

I'm working on fixing the following:
  • Missing feat description on tier 3-4 bottom paragon feats (they're there, but not being displayed).
  • When retracting points, the unavailable feat tier(s) do not fade out.

Here's a link: http://clericguide.com/feat-calculator-for-healing-specs/
We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
Post edited by troodee on

Comments

• teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Race? Hoominz get 3 more points.
  • akercookeakercooke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks great, it's smooth! I find it a bit small for my resolution, but nothing that browser zoom doesn't fix. I would love to use this calculator to every class.

- You could display how many points you have to spend and how many are being used.
    - Add a Human Race option to give the 3 extra points of class feature.

The guide in general is amazing. Good work dude.
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the replies and feedback.

I'll add a tick button for tall-lings.
  • kmschmekmschme Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Hey, looks awesome! Only one cosmetic addition to what has already been said: I'd put the name of the feat in place of the text "Feat Description". Feat description is self explanatory, and I like to have the name clearly displayed for when I search some feat I saw on forums etc.

Also, if you want any help with that I might have some time. I thought of making a feat calculator myself, but didn't have the time. I'd be happy to help you with this though!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again.

I've added a "human racial" tick button thing and feat name instead of the "feat description" header.

@kmschme: Thanks for the offer to lend a hand, but at the moment I only have stuff like this and unpaid charity work to spent my time on, so I got enough time to get it done. Job market in Denmark sucks at the moment :(
  • starman1111starman1111 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love it, great work.
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    troodee wrote: »
    Thanks again.

I've added a "human racial" tick button thing and feat name instead of the "feat description" header.

@kmschme: Thanks for the offer to lend a hand, but at the moment I only have stuff like this and unpaid charity work to spent my time on, so I got enough time to get it done. Job market in Denmark sucks at the moment :(

Awesome work. Very minor, but the Human Racial cannot be un-ticked. Using Google Chrome if that matters. Also, being able to highlight a feat to check what it does, even those that are greyed out, would finish it off for me. :)
    edited June 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »
    Also, being able to highlight a feat to check what it does, even those that are greyed out, would finish it off for me. :)
    I reworked the whole thing about how a feat is highlighted and greyed out, so you can now highlight feats that you don't have access to. I also did a bunch of other minor error fixes.

Thanks all for the feedback, it's great to fix stuff before I duplicate it to the other classes.
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Human Tick can only be greyed out if you click the word "Human Feat"

"Points Available 0/31" When you've placed no Paragon Feats
    "Points Available 31/31" when you've used them all. A bit misleading, change it to be "Points Spent" like the first set. You may need to include the name of the points, I'm fairly sure the first set use Heroic Points and the second set uses Paragon Points... But you'd have to log on to check for sure.

Otherwise, a pretty neat 'lil calculator~ Good job!
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Great work!