test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gurdian fighter bad class pick no want class in CN give up play tank? yes or no

lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
type class best play in game?
Post edited by lorentzo02 on

Comments

• nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    best type class game is clss u like hav fun d00d
  • lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ppl say dont want have gf in CN groups why i want ask why
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to tank. Then clerics do a good bit of that. GFs are amazing in pvp if played correctly though; If you like pvp.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lorentzo02 wrote: »
    ppl say dont want have gf in CN groups why i want ask why

There are few GFs who know how to dps as one and consequently, it leaves the impression that gfs are just bad.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank info
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    There are many reasons why GF isn't a good class and not needed in high level dungeons. Main reason is AC doesn't work as it should in this game. The GF should be getting hit by every attack with their high AC, only way to not get hit is block and that drops your DPS and can't be used when you taunt. I don't know if the Devs never play PnP but with 30+ AC you are a tanking god. In this game you die as fast as a mage or rogue because your AC doesn't matter.
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    There are few GFs who know how to dps as one and consequently, it leaves the impression that gfs are just bad.

That is soo **** TRUE.... Short of their taunt's don't pull agro off anyone. I really don't see why them and GWFS are all up in arms. I've run w/ lots of GF/GWFS that know how to play their class and can do DPS. Than on the flip-side I've run w/ some that couldn't dps their way out of a wet paper bag and stand in red all the time. So it really depends who's taken the time to research their class, and learn to play it.
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    cookjk wrote: »
    There are many reasons why GF isn't a good class and not needed in high level dungeons. Main reason is AC doesn't work as it should in this game. The GF should be getting hit by every attack with their high AC, only way to not get hit is block and that drops your DPS and can't be used when you taunt. I don't know if the Devs never play PnP but with 30+ AC you are a tanking god. In this game you die as fast as a mage or rogue because your AC doesn't matter.

Stack Defense/Deflect if thats your issue. I made the change about a week or so back and it was night and day as far as the damage I can take.

Yes AC and a few other stats don't seem to be working as intended but others are so you just need to play and use them.
    edited May 2013
    yes gf need upgrads on taunts i think play warrior in wow easy keep aggro here in game no taunts all

make gf feel useless
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    I have run some T2's now when I got my stalwark set completed.

Boy I feel so useless at the moment in T2's that I feel almost carried over on those dungeons.

Guess I need to find a upgrade for my main hand so I can dps better as the tanking tactic is not viable option.
    When tanking you either:

A. Lose aggro to DC
    B. Take massive amounts of damage eventhough you are wearing plate
    C. Block 1 attack of the elite mob / boss and you brake your guard and revert back to B.

And on top of the guard issue, now blocking lags, which makes guarding even more harder.
  • namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cookjk wrote: »

The feat giving GF +5AC not working doesnt help. The block not working 40% of the time doesnt help either. GF are broken atm.
    edited May 2013
    yes bad neverwinter make gurdian fighter useless they need fix very badly

i always love play tank now feel dispoints and no honor play tank in here game

othere game make tank better
    edited May 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    Sure, so DPS build should be the only viable one, right? No CC build and no Tank build right?

Its like any other game you have ever played...If you wanted to spec DPS and your class was a healer, that might you might have to sit on the side lines for a bit, But you knew that going into it. You can play a CC tank but that doesn't mean your wanted in a group right now. Just like I could play PURE DPS on my healer, but I would have a lot of upset and angry people w/ me.
    edited May 2013
    i have play wow age of conan warhammer anarchy online there always tank feel right and honor play class

here in neverwinter feel like gimp and useless class

better build cleric or control wizard or rogue

best class play in game now ?
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The GF isn't ment to be that bad. There is two bugs dealing with the GF right now. The first one is the GFs shields are not working right. The second is agro is bugged. Clerics get auto-agro when they have things that are supposed to be less agro thus so all the Clerics are becoming tanks but without the build. They are all supposed to go to the tank but it isn't happening due to that bug. Tank can only hold it for a few seconds then it switches straight to Clerics.