test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please stop having NPCs repeat the same thing every 10 seconds.

mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For the love of all that is good and holy, please just make it stop. People have to spend time cleaning up inventory, waiting for friends, fusing, whatever... and the incessant repetition is driving me crazy. It's too frequent, please turn it down to every 30 seconds or so.

I'm mostly talking about the NPCs around quest hubs, not in Protector's Enclave.
Post edited by mmartine1 on

Comments

• joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Now on the zenstore : NPC muter, 10 bucks.
  • thezenzenthezenzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just because I have Orcish blood doesn't make me a many-arrows sympathizer!
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now on the zenstore : NPC muter, 10 bucks.

Silences a single NPC for a week...
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Trade your astral diamonds for wonderous items!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmartine1 wrote: »
    For the love of all that is good and holy, please just make it stop. People have to spend time cleaning up inventory, waiting for friends, fusing, whatever... and the incessant repetition is driving me crazy. It's too frequent, please turn it down to every 30 seconds or so.

I'm mostly talking about the NPCs around quest hubs, not in Protector's Enclave.

Once every two minutes would be best.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Once every two minutes would be best.

Eh, I actually like hearing the NPCs talk. Makes the world feel alive. They repeat themselves too frequently, sure; but 2 minutes is too much. Maybe make them shut up every minute or so.

Also, you'd do well to seek the favor of the gods.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    agree whole heartedly
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • illemortemillemortem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, yeah, they do repeat a bit much. I'd say space the timing out a bit, and at some point in the future add more dialog. I've seen a few games that did it well, and it really added to atmosphere.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting better at mentally tuning it out.

That's probably not what a dev likes to hear from fans though. :p

I do like the voices, but bear in mind, my roommate often does the same thing to annoy me that you've programmed your NPCs to do.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A number of us reported this in alpha, though it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Presumably because those ears were made deaf due to hearing "THE ONLY GOOD BANDIT IS A DEAD BANDIT" over and over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

I pick up my mail and then move out of the way a bit so I'm not stuck in the crowd and all I hear is:

I pick up my daily quests and all I hear is:

I restock on pots and injury kits or vendor trash BOE green items and all I hear is:
    Trade your astral diamonds for wonderous ITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH /explode

Please Cryptic, remove all repeating voices from all NPCs in the game! There is no need for it! It doesn't add ambiance to the game, it just drives us insane!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you think the NPCS are bad in Neverwinter I advise you to stay away from Dragons Dogma you have NPCS called pawns that follow you about and say stuff like "THE OGRES ARE EXCITED!" over and over and OVER again. It reaches a point where you just grab them and kick them off cliffs U_U"
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is really annoying I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to have them repeat things so frequently. I've already completed all the quests once so I just turned off the NPC voices. Problem solved.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well everyone on the forums repeats the same thing every 10 seconds and no one is stopping that!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should let us report spam NPC's and silence them for 24 hours.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just learn to ignore them. It'll come in handy once you get married...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thezenzen wrote: »
    Just because I have Orcish blood doesn't make me a many-arrows sympathizer!

LOL There are a few around that zone I would love to shoot em in the knee with a crossbow :P
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmartine1 wrote: »

You should have an award,
    best post on the forum atm
    besides off topic, which has some epic fun.
    This is greifing at its best, some value and debatible issue.
    award_brilliant_line.jpg

I tend to turn off voice in settings all together, hate there spamand talk over each other.
    An issue that should be adressed for sure !
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It wouldn't be a problem...

.. if it wasn't for my lumbago..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new order of cockatrice eggs!
  • mohawkrmohawkr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    This is hilarious, unfortunate, and true.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exchange your astral diamonds for zendrous items! (so we can make money)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this message, in the enclave as well. Reducing the repetition to about every minute and adding an addition line or two to the dialogue would be better.
  • zerkreaper33zerkreaper33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, go to options, Audio, checkmark Mute voice after dialogue. There, NPCs dont speak. Always check the options first.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually that does not fix the issue. I like having the NPC's speak, especially when I am gathering and turning in quests. It also gives back-story for the quest and the region. But, having the same thing said 30 times while I am standing at a campfire or the postal courier for a couple minutes is irritating. The option is good for those that want no voice, but not for those that just want to avoid the repetitive.
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    If you think the NPCS are bad in Neverwinter I advise you to stay away from Dragons Dogma you have NPCS called pawns that follow you about and say stuff like "THE OGRES ARE EXCITED!" over and over and OVER again. It reaches a point where you just grab them and kick them off cliffs U_U"

At least in Dragons Dogma they spit out some useful information from time to time. Or bring you a useless rock that someone decided to tip you for the use of your pawn.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Well everyone on the forums repeats the same thing every 10 seconds and no one is stopping that!

+1 hehehehe.
    trevien29 wrote: »
    Actually that does not fix the issue. I like having the NPC's speak, especially when I am gathering and turning in quests. It also gives back-story for the quest and the region. But, having the same thing said 30 times while I am standing at a campfire or the postal courier for a couple minutes is irritating. The option is good for those that want no voice, but not for those that just want to avoid the repetitive.

But more seriously, this. I don't think people are asking for the voices to go away. They're asking for some more lines of dialogue and to have the repetition/frequency toned down.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • lordxoruslordxorus Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Signed! :cool:
    Wanted: Hero *Lil Chubs*

Foundry Search: Wanted: Hero Lil Chubs