test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spent to date?

solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm curious on approximately how much people have now spent on this FREE to play game to this point of time

About 10 of us at work play and in discussions we were all kind of shocked that including the the Guardian Founders Pack, bags, a decent companion (although my Acolyte I purchased was/is lame).

We figure we have easily spent $120.00 each so far. It's those **** keys that keep adding up! :)

It's just so easy to buy $10.00 here n there
Post edited by solresol on

Comments

• d3mi21d3mi21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    zero so far, don't like spending money for betas :P
  • zulfurzulfur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since its Beta I assume they will wipe and reset it all. Thats normally what the BETA tag is, if they are not going to wipe then they need to tell people its not a Beta anymore and maybe people will start buying stuff. I am not letting my son or myself buy anything until release.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    $0

Got to 60. Bought inferno mount with AD from T2 dungeon item sales. Will buy bags next, just need to do some more dungeons.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zulfur wrote: »
    Since its Beta I assume they will wipe and reset it all. Thats normally what the BETA tag is, if they are not going to wipe then they need to tell people its not a Beta anymore and maybe people will start buying stuff. I am not letting my son or myself buy anything until release.

They've already said they aren't going to wipe. They are just using the beta tag to hide behind while they fix bugs.
  • zulfurzulfur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've already said they aren't going to wipe. They are just using the beta tag to hide behind while they fix bugs.

Wow, so people are playing a broken game and paying for it? This does show that the US is not having any economy issues, people will pay for stuff in games. So everyone is happy. Now I guess they can all stop complaining about gold farmers, they are just selling in a beta.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, wouldn't have spent a nickle if they were wiping. Only reason money spent is for "convenience" factor due to being a very casual gamer. We were just shocked at how it adds up lol!
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both founder packs, plus about another 500 U.S. (most of which went on cosmetics, hurrying up companion training or investing in AD back when the price was >400). A couple million AD went on buying bank slots for the guild. Probably spent 50 bucks on lockbox keys (and no nightmare!). Have done ZERO PvP, got one character at level 58 and two alts in high 20s.

(and no need to call me crazy, that's only a days wages for me. No debts to worry about).
    edited May 2013
    oh I bought 1 key with AD, got garbage and decided never to do so again.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    $60 for my guardian pack.
  • vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent $30 so far... fully expect to spend about $100, the first day they release the Ranger class, though!
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    I'm curious on approximately how much people have now spent on this FREE to play game to this point of time

About 10 of us at work play and in discussions we were all kind of shocked that including the the Guardian Founders Pack, bags, a decent companion (although my Acolyte I purchased was/is lame).

We figure we have easily spent $120.00 each so far. It's those **** keys that keep adding up! :)

It's just so easy to buy $10.00 here n there

Absolutely ZERO.
    I have epic mount, blue bags, 2 more char slots, bank expanded once.
    You have money, I have time, end result is the same, we get things others will cry about.
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Both founder packs, plus about another 500 U.S. (most of which went on cosmetics, hurrying up companion training or investing in AD back when the price was >400). A couple million AD went on buying bank slots for the guild. Probably spent 50 bucks on lockbox keys (and no nightmare!). Have done ZERO PvP, got one character at level 58 and two alts in high 20s.

(and no need to call me crazy, that's only a days wages for me. No debts to worry about).

wow nice! you make $160 an hour or you don't pay taxes?
  • panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    2 accts 2 founders packs prolly at least a grand in zen good times ")
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    wow nice! you make $125 an hour or you don't pay taxes?

Just because someone has more expendable income than you, doesn't mean they're criminal.
    A medical professional, for example...
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »
    Just because someone has more expendable income than you, doesn't mean they're criminal.
    A medical professional, for example...

my math was wrong, I meant $160. Are you implying that nto paying taxes is a criminal offense?
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    $0

Have 5 char's (one lvl60) protecting caravans and 1 empty slot waiting for the coming class.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow nice! you make $160 an hour or you don't pay taxes?

I paid about 73k U.S. in federal tax alone last year.
    edited May 2013
    my math was wrong, I meant $160. Are you implying that nto paying taxes is a criminal offense?

If you are required to pay a tax and do not pay it, yes, that is criminal.
    edited May 2013

now that is criminal!
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Is that why you have the time to constantly spout off BS on the forums? Interesting.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »
    $0

Have 5 char's (one lvl60) protecting caravans and 1 empty slot waiting for the coming class.

So 3 accounts then?
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Zero. Until they tighten up the security in game and make the economy meaningful, I'll play with what the game includes.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've paid nothing. Main problem is that most things in the store are pay-for-power, and I refuse to pay for power. But things that I would be willing to drop money for are either cheap enough that I can pay for them with AD, or ludicrously expensive.
  • horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought the $200 founders pack. It cost €190. May buy the Guardian pack if I feel like it, assuming it's still around.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something over $400 I think.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Zero, always will be in this game.

If some things were reasonably priced, but 10 bucks for one bag for one character? That's a joke. If it's only for that character, it should be a buck per.

Also, I have spent money in other F2P games but I would never spend a single penny on aesthetics. It amazes me that anyone does.
  • writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    $0
    lvl 60 GF, Currently 10.2k gs
    Bought 2 extra character slots with the 500 zen I made from doing 45 min worth of surveys.
    Also have a lvl 17 alt
    Having a blast playing.
    I've honestly yet to see any reason to spend any money on this game.

I do, however, genuinely appreciate those that do spend money on the game because without them, it wouldn't exist, and them spending money on whatever they want to spend it on doesn't affect my game in any way at all.
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer
  • rhinoqrhinoq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $10, spent on extra character slots and some keys. I'm having fun with the game, may drop down some cash to pick up keys from time to time.
  • caelumareshcaelumaresh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    €0, as long as you can buy Zen with AD and when people sell the money items for AD, i wont invest a single penny :)