test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers are running out of Astral Diamonds.

kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, i am actually not sure why people are so silent about this. Or do you all not notice?
Post edited by kaasdoek on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    So, i am actually not sure why people are so silent about this. Or do you all not notice?

I'm sure someone out there is hoarding those AD.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't touched my initial 600k for Guardian. What are you basing this off of? Things not selling on the AH or P2P? The AD doesn't just vanish so I don't follow how it is running out. Even if one person holds 70% of the AD on a server, it is still there.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Well the tax on the AH is pretty heavy 10% plus the initial posting fee. Plus all the little AD sinks like Identification scrolls. Most lvl 60 people don't even bothered ID'ing the lvl 60 greens. At lvl 60 it cost 2500 AD for 20 ID scrolls. And at most you can earn about 12K per day of activity (4K for pvp, 4K for daily dungeons, 4K for foundry barring those ill-timed dungeon delves and skirmish). Plus they disabled daily skirmish quest.
  • Options
    dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the Beholder server, the AD - Zen ratio in the exchange has gone from like 375 - 1 to about 340 - 1 today. Maybe that is what he is referring to?
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand on where the OP appears to be headed:

alex_jones_money2-620x412.jpg
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the Beholder server, the AD - Zen ratio in the exchange has gone from like 375 - 1 to about 340 - 1 today. Maybe that is what he is referring to?

Probably. It was down to ~315 on Mindflayer.

That said, you need a couple of weeks of stability before you can actually see where things are going.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the AD:ZEN ratio was likely to be very high at the start because of all the AD that came with Founders packs and *cough* magically from the AH *cough*. However since those two no longer really apply (I believe), the first due to lack of new interest and bad publicity after all the bugs/exploits and the later allegedly fixed, then the only new source of AD is dailies.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013

Sounds like it's zeroing in on the ~300 +/- 50 that many have predicted it will land on long-term.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yeah.. it means the value of AD is appreciating. It's harder to earn AD than shell out US Dollars.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well im sure well get another exploit that will flodd the markets again soon
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got any evidence, or did you just pull that comment out of a hat?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Well the AD:ZEN ratio was likely to be very high at the start because of all the AD that came with Founders packs and *cough* magically from the AH *cough*. However since those two no longer really apply (I believe), the first due to lack of new interest and bad publicity after all the bugs/exploits and the later allegedly fixed, then the only new source of AD is dailies.

Dailies. And Invocation. And Leadership. And Idols.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps it's because you just made that up?
  • Options
    f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    People complain that there is to much AD in the market just days ago now there is not enough?? Wtf is going on with the human race?
  • Options
    quadespressoquadespresso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, we've noticed, but there's nothing we can do.

You see, the svirfneblin miners of Blingdenstone, Northdark are on strike. They have been unappreciated for millenia, and in a final desperate plea for recognition from their patron deity, Callarduran Smoothhands, they have limited their mining operations to every other Tuesday and Thursday, after crumpets. Beyond that, a large dispatch of Xorn from the elemental plane of Earth have recently arrived near the mines and are gorging themselves on various gemstones and minerals including rough astral diamonds, so even when mining is occurring, the ratio of astral diamonds to other gems is poor.

Personally, I've shifted my investments to Aurora's Magical Emporium stock during this period of volatility. Aurora's, headquartered in Waterdeep, offers near instant transaction and delivery of all your magical item needs, and with the influx of adventurers from all over the place, its business can only go from boom to shproing!
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Well the AD/Zen ratio can never get below 50/1 since that is hard coded.

With the current design you generate AD from leadership profession and praying. You don't actually have to go anywhere or fight anything.

The only "cap" is the 24K rough AD per day that you can polish. You can't cap AD, afaik, unless your in doing your dailies.

So items on the AH should be based around those numbers. They are getting to that level but are not there yet. Maybe another week or two.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think 300 AD per Zen would be the market equilibrium.
  • Options
    dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the AD/Zen ratio can never get below 50/1 since that is hard coded.

With the current design you generate AD from leadership profession and praying. You don't actually have to go anywhere or fight anything.

The only "cap" is the 24K rough AD per day that you can polish. You can't cap AD, afaik, unless your in doing your dailies.

So items on the AH should be based around those numbers. They are getting to that level but are not there yet. Maybe another week or two.

I agree, I think this is just the economy normalizing from the hyper inflation of the caturday catastrophe. Good to see it. Look up, the sky is still there. Huh...
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is the expected behavior and trend. I imagine it will gravitate to 150:1 and then spike only when there is a lot of new Zen store stuff.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think 300 AD per Zen would be the market equilibrium.

I think that's high.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As it is, the value of high priced items (very inflated to begin with) like t2 gear will continue to diminish because supply isn't as rare as more people reach lvl 60 and farm the items to sell. I think we'll see the zen/ad ratio in the 200+ AD range in the next month or so. People don't realize this but earning AD in the game (w/ out AH) is very limiting due to refining limit, unless you have multiple alts. Most people w/ hundreds of thousands or millions of AD only got that much through trades/AH, not by farming the AD via dailies/invocation/leadership. All that's happening is the AD is being traded and distributed around.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    This is the expected behavior and trend. I imagine it will gravitate to 150:1 and then spike only when there is a lot of new Zen store stuff.

Any reason to believe this figure rather than say 250 or 75? I am actually curious because I don't see how anyone could really be at all certain since we started with a glut of AD (for various reasons).
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Sounds like it's zeroing in on the ~300 +/- 50 that many have predicted it will land on long-term.

Yep that was pretty much the forecast, I was surprised to see it at 497.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We are? I've spent 500K of AD, and have 570K currently on my character and still haven't dispersed to myself 550K of my initial starting AD.

Running out? Really?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So I should be mad that as the AD/Zen drops I will be able to buy MOAR zen with my small amount of AD?

I are confused...English is mah only language.

I can see how people SPENDING money on ZEN would be upset. The zen has less buying power.

Then again I only buy zen to...well spend zen. Whoda thunk?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Some of you seem to miss the point here. And if you are not good with simple math, i understand then.

Give you a short example.

Every character in game is allowed to generate 24k AD. This is the maximum amount of Astral Diamonds that can enter the economy every day per character.

However, As of today (and today is just of many), i already made over 300k AD vanish into thin air due the Auction House cuts. This means that on the long run (and it will not be that long) the amount of Astral Diamonds leaving the economy will be greater than the amount incoming.

Not only does the Auction House causes an Astral Diamond drain. But once the new Paths will be introduced next month and people having all their gear worked on and start working on gems/enhancements then this problem will only accelerate. Taking out a normal enhancement costs 234k or something and respeccing FEATS ONLY costs around 160k? These Astral Diamonds vanish into thin air as well.

My point is that currently more Astral Diamonds are leaving the economy than entering it. It takes 42 days to accumlate 1 million Astral Diamonds normally and i don't even think anyone will get it within 42, because frankly i only reached my 24k cap once in my Neverwinter lifetime and that was during the double AD weekend.

The reason why people are selling and buying items for millions is because of the Guardian and Founder packs, but soon all of that will just vanish due the Astral Diamonds sinks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We are? I've spent 500K of AD, and have 570K currently on my character and still haven't dispersed to myself 550K of my initial starting AD.

Running out? Really?

That's really nice mate. I earned over 10 mil and i have 3 mil left. That's not what i mean though.
    tarmalen wrote: »
    So I should be mad that as the AD/Zen drops I will be able to buy MOAR zen with my small amount of AD?

I are confused...English is mah only language.

I can see how people SPENDING money on ZEN would be upset. The zen has less buying power.

Then again I only buy zen to...well spend zen. Whoda thunk?

Actually, this is one of the few PWE games where Zen is totally useless. Play Battle of Immortals and see there how valuable Zen is.
    All the gear and enhancements are funded with Astral Diamonds and not Zen. The reason why Zen is deflating is because how scarce Astral Diamonds are getting and people are less willing to let them go so easily. So the demand of Zen is starting to exceed the offer of Astral Diamonds.
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Any reason to believe this figure rather than say 250 or 75? I am actually curious because I don't see how anyone could really be at all certain since we started with a glut of AD (for various reasons).

I am assuming he picked 150 because other people have said that diamonds in Star Trek Online (another Cryptic game that I personally have never tried) had diamonds normalize around 150 per Zen.

Considering that 1 Zen is only 1 penny it should only be a matter of time before people realize that the time it takes to earn 400 diamonds is worth more to them than 1 cent. Founders got so many diamonds so effortlessly that they did not value them (and the AH exploit had the same effect), but once people start actually looking at the effort it takes to earn diamonds they will probably stop selling them so cheaply.
  • Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It comes down to one thing. Greed. Look at the AH, 10million for an orb, "undercut" by an offer of 7.5 million. People are trying to cash in on exploiters who no longer exist.
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But how low the people holding Zen are willing to go? You look 1000 Zen bags on AH they still kept at least last time i saw 400k minimum price, how many will be ready to trade their Zen for say 200 AD? I sure as hell wouldnt, there must be break point when Zen becomes the rarity. Anyway overall the 10% taxation seems effective so far. But it might also be currently that many with tons of AD are holding back as they archieved everything before new content and are simply buying here and there. Just to think how much some people made by selling gear etc early on, there must be resources hidden. Not to mention the laundered exploit AD, that we will never know how much and well is blended in. Interesting to see nevertheless. ;)