test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's say NW does get wiped.

evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says. Let's say the wipe happens. The Economy gets a new start and somehow there isn't a mass exodus from all the people who are mad at their time loss or from those who don't play betas due to wipes and decided to play here because of the promise that there would be no wipe. Now let's go ahead and say many months have passed and we are out of the open-beta/soft-launch phase and right into official launch when suddenly a new exploit has surfaced and now the economy is back to where people believe it is now. Do we clamor again for a wipe? To once more reset all that has been done? Because there will be more exploits. There always are.

And a second question just for the founders and guardians. I am simply curious, would those of you that are pro-wipe be willing to lose all the benefits and items you gained through your package and instead be recouped with a zen amount equal to the dollar value you payed? I ask this question on the grounds that there are some who bought zen specifically for certain items on the AH and Some who got very lucky from the lock-boxes who will be losing what they paid for. And there are those, myself included in this, who got lucky that a friend had acquired extra premium items and were gifted the excess. For example I have a Pheora and the Flame Archon that I didn't and still don't have the money to attempt to gamble to re-acquire. I pay what I can to support the game but gambling on keys are not something I personally can afford. I ask this not from a place of anger or outrage, I am honestly just curious.
Post edited by evilkinglarry on

Comments

• pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is a ridiculous notion, isn't it? You can't just wipe the servers whenever a new problem arises. And there's absolutely no reason to believe that a new one won't. There are better ways to deal with it. This is my third halfling rogue for goodness sake.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well we'd expect them to act a bit faster in the future, like the recent enchant dupes.. they were on that faster than caturday's 7 hr marathon.. lol
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. $60 worth of zen = maybe ONE mount for ONE character. The package gives me a decent mount on each and every character I make: value in the zen store is already over $150 for me.

Also, wiping is dumb. The economy is fine ( if we are flooded with exploit diamonds, why is zen not 500 AD each??, instead, the price is FALLING daily). If the market is flooded with diamonds, why are epics not $5 million a pop?

As was said above, wiping everything is a poor fix to a non-issue.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets not and say we did. Im not lvling 2 characters (one is a 59 DC thats soloed mostly) back to 60.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    No. $60 worth of zen = maybe ONE mount for ONE character. The package gives me a decent mount on each and every character I make: value in the zen store is already over $150 for me.

Huh? The zen shop has a rank 3 mount for $30. So you could get two of them for your $60. You wouldn't need two though as the mounts are account wide. So that $30 gets you a rank 3 mount for every character you make, ever. At the current exchange rate that is just over a million AD. Oddly it costs about three million AD to upgrade a gold bought mount.

Not sure what any of that had to do with the wipe topic though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • madstabzmadstabz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay to win is wack, when players use their daddys credit card...
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IF they were to wipe the game for whatever reason, they would have to give everyone an amount of Zen equal to whatever they have thus far spent.

No way they could get away with selling people stuff int he Zen store and then just deciding to take it all away.

Whether you spent the Zen on the same things wouldn't matter, but you would have the Zen back.

===================================================================================

But absent a clear case of the game being irrevocably damaged by some exploit or another, I am not in favor of a wipe.

I wouldn't mind it; It wouldn't kill me if they did need to do it for some reason, but I don't see any reason why it would be needed right now (economy seems to have recovered from Caturday) and it would not look good considering that they have already said "no more wipes".
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as they credit everyone for any Zen purchases, I couldn't care less. Well I guess leveling my tradeskills would suck, and farming runes, but actually leveling my class would be no biggie.
  • kurre2kurre2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe my characters and I walk. :) Easy as that. But to each his own.
  • pannrapannra Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok lets say the wipe. Still cost money to respec, still have no bag space, still have no endgame. Oh but I have to level up again? Yeh wipe or no wipe I'm done with this game.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wipe would clean out a substantial chunk of the player base. Lots of people got where they are through luck and the RNG, not zen. Depending on that luck again? Crazy depressing.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it won't get wiped. they could not afford the refunds.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have guaranteed a wipe will never happen on their Twitter page. Speculation is pointless.
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    madstabz wrote: »
    Green is the color of money and jealousy... I use my credit card, and heck I've paid more for a bottle of wine that didn't last half as long as my pixels of fun. Pay for stuff or don't, have several friends carried over from other games having fun without paying a cent.

If they wiped (which they won't ) guess what...I'll buy another bottle..err bunch of pixles.

But as the above said , it would probably kill a few of the player base, so as with most business plans, that's not a good move if your're into making green.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The biggest problem is that Zen/AD can buy the latest gear.
    If the latest gear is BoP, then a gear reset (eg T3) will fix the problem.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    They have guaranteed a wipe will never happen on their Twitter page. Speculation is pointless.

NW Developer also said they didn't change GF block. Teehee.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • infexominfexom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madstabz wrote: »

That's just insulting. Did you think that there are people out here, besides you obviously, that actually work and have their own credit card? An amazing concept, isn't it?
  • mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    There is no pay to win if there is exploit to win. You pay, you lose. That's the way it is.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

They probably didn't, the fact that Guardian block appears to be bugged is merely a symptom with an unknown cause.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • cinteccintec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurre2 wrote: »
    Wipe my characters and I walk. :) Easy as that. But to each his own.

Agreed, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to wipe it. If anything happened like the Caturday thing again they'd roll it back again.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These crybabies gnash their teeth and pull their hair when the servers go down for 2 hour maintenance.
    Imagine the QQ when they close the servers down to non-Founders for 5 days while the Founders re-do their headstart. LOL

But back to reality... /facepalm
    these threads are entertaining
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game gets wiped 10's of thousands quit. Game doesn't get wiped a few hundred quit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    They didn't... er, teehee. It's bugged for some people, which is a known issue, but oddly works fine for me.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    back to closed beta would be the right thing to do, without real money. and employees should start thinking about these easy exploits.
    and gateway should be closed, as it is easy farmed by a script.
  • joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    You can't just wipe the servers whenever a new problem arises.

Yes, you can. And its actually quite simple for Cryptic. Heck its even the easiest solution to get rid of some major problems for them.
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can. And its actually quite simple for Cryptic. Heck its even the easiest solution to get rid of some major problems for them.

Can but shouldn't, also it wouldn't lead to positive changes in the long run.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game gets wiped 10's of thousands quit. Game doesn't get wiped a few hundred quit.

the voting showed 33% didn`t want wipe. 67% did. but ok that`s just a small part voting. but i guess most are frequently players that are concerned with the game. can imagine less frequent players don`t check these kind of posts.
    and also they and none zen buyers wouldn`t want a wipe, because it`s only about zen/ad market.
    which only gets easier to get if market drops.
    so non buyers are/should be happy with no wipe yes ;p
    i don`t know, but maybe if the word founder is worth anything they should send a voting to them all ;p and let them decide, but ok, that`s only a moral thing to do, and there`s money involved, so won`t happen that fast
  • joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    Can but shouldn't, also it wouldn't lead to positive changes in the long run.

Hypothetical : If a wipe will improve their income, the wipe will come. Its dollarbased decision making, nothing more or less.