test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the level to level division tactic in your AH UI please

azrael39azrael39 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is inane and ridiculous. On the Auction house User Interface you have to key in logs for numbers for the level of items you are searching for. One for the level you want the search to start at and another for the level you want the search to end at. The search should come out between these two numbers. However, it doesn't work. Instead every time I search for equipment using the numbers in the level UI boxes it disregards these numbers and I have to search one by one tediously through hundreds of items of all varying levels that I don't want to look for. Wasting my **** time. Enormous amounts of time slowly searching through endless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I don't need.

As a game designer myself I know that this is ludicrous. Clearly you have disabled the level number slots and for some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason want your players to waste ungodly amounts of time in your Auction house when looking for the things they actually wish to purchase. Or your coders are just terrible and whoever is in charge of UI design needs to be kicked in the bottom and made to fix this pronto.

Your game so far is great fun, very few bugs, enticing gameplay. It's not DDO which was far closer to the heart and soul of Dungeons and Dragons but your game is fun on its own.
Post edited by azrael39 on

Comments

• Options
    krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would be a nice fix, hopefully they will work on it soon.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What's funny is that it does kinda work. Like if you want to search for rings, don't click on the Rings subfolder, click on the Equipment folder, then type the word "Ring" in the text search, set your level range and you will find all the rings for that level range.

The only problem with this is you could end up missing certain rings that do not contain the word "ring" in it! Maybe some rings are called "bands" or don't even have ring or band whatsoever. :(

I hope Cryptic fixes this soon. Because people who do a little research and find the actual names of the items they want are getting a higher advantage over others. Like me! :) You have no idea how many amazing items I found because of this! Sure it's annoying cause I gotta do a bit of research to find the actual names of items that the majority of other players never get to search for or find, but so far that extra time I put has been paying off!
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    azrael39 wrote: »
    This is inane and ridiculous. On the Auction house User Interface you have to key in logs for numbers for the level of items you are searching for. One for the level you want the search to start at and another for the level you want the search to end at. The search should come out between these two numbers. However, it doesn't work. Instead every time I search for equipment using the numbers in the level UI boxes it disregards these numbers and I have to search one by one tediously through hundreds of items of all varying levels that I don't want to look for. Wasting my **** time. Enormous amounts of time slowly searching through endless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I don't need.

As a game designer myself I know that this is ludicrous. Clearly you have disabled the level number slots and for some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason want your players to waste ungodly amounts of time in your Auction house when looking for the things they actually wish to purchase. Or your coders are just terrible and whoever is in charge of UI design needs to be kicked in the bottom and made to fix this pronto.

Your game so far is great fun, very few bugs, enticing gameplay. It's not DDO which was far closer to the heart and soul of Dungeons and Dragons but your game is fun on its own.

3d game environment artist here.
    +1 to fix for AH gear selection bug.