test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New class proof

leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Go ahead and skip to about 1:15 in this video, theres your new class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umfBo7FGxjo
Post edited by leetsawces on

Comments

• akercookeakercooke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a bit late mate. :)
  • iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Go ahead and skip to about 1:15 in this video, theres your new class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umfBo7FGxjo

The ranger on right?
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Bit late? Didnt see this posted anywhere else so my bad if its a re-post but its still fun to speculate
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bit late? Didnt see this posted anywhere else so my bad if its a re-post but its still fun to speculate

People have been talking about the warlock and the ranger for a while.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iy0t wrote: »
    The ranger on right?

I dunno he may be talking about that awesome two-handed, powerhouse AoE damage dealer portrayed in the video. What did they call it? A Great Weapon Fighter or something like that...
    :p
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    I know what people have been talking about, are you serious? You thought this post was about a ranger/warlock possibility.. ? Im simply showing the ranger class in an official neverwinter video.
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice find, that bow looks dam sexy...

Me want ONE !!! o.O
    edited May 2013
    Yeah we need some true ranged deeps in this game
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know what people have been talking about, are you serious? You thought this post was about a ranger/warlock possibility.. ? Im simply showing the ranger class in an official neverwinter video.

The video also shows the warlock next to the GWF opposite the ranger.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited May 2013
    Meh warlock would be arcane, I was also thinking about the kits. The only kit no class utilizes free of charge is a nature kit.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is a snipet from an April 19th interview: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/19/massively-exclusive-neverwinter-pre-launch-interview-part-one/

Interviewer: "There are five classes at launch. Are there any other classes you're working on that you're not prepared to discuss yet?"

Andy Velasquez: "We've already started work on classes six and seven. In fact, class six was really close to making it for the launch of the game.

One of the things we're trying to do with Neverwinter is to ensure that we don't just put out tons of stuff but put we put out things of high quality. It wasn't that class six wasn't good -- it's actually many of the developers' favorite right now -- but we wanted more time to focus on the launch and make it awesome. "

Again this is from over a month ago. Figured maybe some may have missed the interview.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if that Elf Warlock is an Eladrin or a Wood Elf(only elf option atm)
  • zxetzxet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    need to fix the classes they have now before bring more broken crappy classes into the compiled mess of a game..... wish they would look into threat/agro before anything else. imo should be the number 1 thing on there list to fix
  • nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh warlock would be arcane, I was also thinking about the kits. The only kit no class utilizes free of charge is a nature kit.

That fire mage is obviously a warlock. Warlocks, arcane? Highly unlikely. Given that fire isn't represented with our current Control Wizard and the fact that Neverwinter highly mimics defined class spec lines from D&D(And, in turn, NWN universe itself), I'm betting this is a Hellfire Warlock. Despite not being NWN universe, nor same creators, or anything close, one of the main antagonists (later an antihero companion) in NWN2 was a Hellfire Warlock. I think it's safe to say that will be our fire mage.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zxet wrote: »
    need to fix the classes they have now before bring more broken crappy classes into the compiled mess of a game..... wish they would look into threat/agro before anything else. imo should be the number 1 thing on there list to fix

Agree on this one.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    don't forget that within the foundry system, there are weapon icons for each class weapon currently within the game PLUS an icon for staff and shortsword.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • bowtie8bitbowtie8bit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger is NOT a Ranged Class!

Look at what the Ranger from D&D rulesets do; they're melee hunters. WoW ruined the Ranger class by associating "Ranger" with "Ranged Damage." A Park Ranger, or Forest Ranger, or any Ranger in general are just people who roam the range. The best middle-earth fantasy ranger-class hero is Aragorn, and he uses a two-handed sword.

Aragorn, aka Strider, is a Melee-Focused combatant, and he is a Ranger.

Archers are the ranged class.
  • baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Forget all that, What I want to know is what happened to the skill "Reaver" Cause I'll take that over some other GWF skills....
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
    edited May 2013
    Image from closed beta before they took them out of the loot table:

warlockk.jpg

Edit: The boots on the right show the Scourge Warlock class

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowtie8bit wrote: »

Look at what the Ranger from D&D rulesets do; they're melee hunters. WoW ruined the Ranger class by associating "Ranger" with "Ranged Damage." A Park Ranger, or Forest Ranger, or any Ranger in general are just people who roam the range. The best middle-earth fantasy ranger-class hero is Aragorn, and he uses a two-handed sword.

No, Rangers have been known to go both ways. They're the Scouts, the Hunters, the Guides, the Forest Trackers. Lethal with blade or bow and always leaving you unsure as to where they next attack will come from.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    Warlocks, arcane? Highly unlikely.

Highly unlikely? Warlocks use arcane magic, and are all but guaranteed to have access to arcane resource nodes.

The classes are based upon 4E D&D, not NWN.

Aragorn? LotRO is thataway--->.

In D&D, particularly 4E D&D, rangers can choose from a number of abilities. Some of those abilities are based upon using two melee weapons, but others are based around the use of a bow.
    In the PHB, rangers started out with two basic build options: Archer ranger or two-blade ranger.
    In 3.X D&D rangers chose between archery or two-weapon fighting.

In 2nd edition they got to use 2 weapons with no penalty if they wore lighter armor, but that was it. In AD&D they had none of that stuff. They were just as much an archer as they were a fighter.

In the PnP game a player character could mix and match, though the results may be less than great. In this game, though, they have been using build options as class designations, so the first ranger that we will be seeing is going to be an archer ranger (and probably use that exact class name).

And WoW doesn't even have a ranger class.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Look at what the Ranger from D&D rulesets do; they're melee hunters. WoW ruined the Ranger class by associating "Ranger" with "Ranged Damage."

D&D 3.5 (released 2003) associated ranged attacks instead of two-weapon fighting as an approved option.
    WoW (released 2004) merely copied them.
  • bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I am waiting for warlock I still find it odd that the mage spellcaster you see in the opening is a warlock yet they give us control wizard as the first mage class option.

Eh CW is not my cup of tea prefer shooting hellfire than ice and arcane and now I want it even more after doing helm hold with my CW tiefling. >_>

Come on cryptic! I want my warlock! I mean people have datamined scourge warlock and back in the past people have found item drops for them in the game already.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have people missed this somehow?

From the State of the Game

On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one.
  • bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That could mean anything it could be either warlock or ranger since they are both "ranged" personally I hope its warlock. Plus on all the streams on twitch tv most people are more excited for warlock than ranger when the warlock and ranger topic pops up.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    I wonder if that Elf Warlock is an Eladrin or a Wood Elf(only elf option atm)

I didn't notice that end part before. And that would be cool if Moon Elves hit the game. I see far too many people trying to make Eladrin then its a Wood Elf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selx1selx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and the elf on left it's a Warlock or a Dragon Wizard?
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    the might wanna bring a real healer instead and by "real" i mean someone that can 100% selfheal himself... no need atm for more critters that just make me mad in pvp. also if new classes will come they need to expand party size to 6, otherwise it won't help a lot.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm going to have to stop you there. I'm married to one of the biggest Tolkien fans in existence and am very familiar with the books. Aragorn frequently used the bow, he was an excellent shot, just not as practiced as Legolas. It can be argued, based on inspiration, that the class of Ranger was greatly influenced by the character Aragorn and the Dunedain remnants.

As for Rangers in D&D, they have always been able to do both. The Ranger became an official class (it was out earlier then that in the game periodical of the time) in 1977 with Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition and has never left PnP D&D in over four editions.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    selx1 wrote: »
    and the elf on left it's a Warlock or a Dragon Wizard?

Did you really need to necro this?
This discussion has been closed.