test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finsihing all content within two weeks of game releasing.

scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OR, even worse finishing all content BEFORE the game comes out of "open beta" < yea I know its only called open beta by PWE to slam the whiners, as soon as they took real money the game is NOT beta in any shape or form.

The fact is this game took 3-5yrs to develop and any half decent player with any dedication has completed it. I have to ask did they know this was going to happen?

I don't see any expansion on the horizon and even if there was it would be caned within a few days.

It should have taken the top 20% of mmo players at least 6 months to max out, not enough content then don't release it until it DOES! The end game should be mostly accessible by all but for dogs sake, just make the last boss in one or two dungeons SUPER hard, so much so that these bosses become legends like The Sleeper or C'thun, two bosses that will send shivers down the spine of any decent raider, two bosses that will never be nerfed.

I have watched alot of developer interviews and beta leaks from Wildstar, these people are talking the old skool mmo language, such as not making content for carebears, and not using the term "elitist" in the pejorative.

40 man raids and open world PvP, guild forts and the abilty to beat, capture and send open world bosses to destroy other guilds forts. NW is nothing but another themepark on the rails car crash. In one sense I guess you can say its been a success, im pretty sure it has made PWE alot of cash, and that is why this mould is killing the mmo genre, sad but true.

Its been many years since an mmo was NOT aimed at the scrubby Farmville generation of entitlement. NW is a P2W whirlwind of exploitation, this game will go down in the history books as being the definition of why P2W is bad.
Post edited by scan69 on

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    OR, even worse finishing all content BEFORE the game comes out of "open beta" < yea I know its only called open beta by PWE to slam the whiners, as soon as they took real money the game is NOT beta in any shape or form.

The fact is this game took 3-5yrs to develop and any half decent player with any dedication has completed it. I have to ask did they know this was going to happen?

I don't see any expansion on the horizon and even if there was it would be caned within a few days.

It should have taken the top 20% of mmo players at least 6 months to max out, not enough content then don't release it until it DOES! The end game should be mostly accessible by all but for dogs sake, just make the last boss in one or two dungeons SUPER hard, so much so that these bosses become legends like The Sleeper or C'thun, two bosses that will send shivers down the spine of any decent raider, two bosses that will never be nerfed.

I have watched alot of developer interviews and beta leaks from Wildstar, these people are talking the old skool mmo language, such as not making content for carebears, and not using the term "elitist" in the pejorative.

40 man raids and open world PvP, guild forts and the abilty to beat, capture and send open world bosses to destroy other guilds forts. NW is nothing but another themepark on the rails car crash. In one sense I guess you can say its been a success, im pretty sure it has made PWE alot of cash, and that is why this mould is killing the mmo genre, sad but true.

Its been many years since an mmo was NOT aimed at the scrubby Farmville generation of entitlement. NW is a P2W whirlwind of exploitation, this game will go down in the history books as being the definition of why P2W is bad.

So you've beaten all the foundery content?

You've beaten all the other pvpers so badly that they quit leaving you the master of PvP?

I also got the impression that you fail to realize that if you find the game boring AT THIS SPECIFIC TIME. You can quit and come back later at no loss of time or money. . .
  • smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Foundery is boring...pvp is boring. All the dgn,s was alot fun..but i just hope something new is comming soon!!

All my guild and freinds dont even log in anymore..maybe only for s short DD time thats all.

We need some new stuff..
  • scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smognight wrote: »
    Foundery is boring...pvp is boring. All the dgn,s was alot fun..but i just hope something new is comming soon!!

All my guild and freinds dont even log in anymore..maybe only for s short DD time thats all.

We need some new stuff..

Exactly, I know im not alone and I know I speak for most decent mmo players.

This game will be left with fanbois and uber casuals very soon, and no one wants to play in a game populated with scrub players, just check out SWTOR.
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I have to agree... two weeks and done after all the years spent making it? It's absurd imo... and to toss out the idea that that the generic foundry will somehow keep people occupied is laughable. I think they spent more time on figuring out how to screw people into buying zen than they did developing content. hehe
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is bang on. The game has been in development for years and to think that their content can be beaten within weeks for casuals (even days for hard-core people) just doesn't make sense.

They developed the foundry; this game should be absolutely FULL of little missions, quests and treasure hunts. They should have dropped the xp curve so much that it would take weeks for hardcore, and months for casuals, and then filled the content with hundreds of mini-quests etc.

Keep people in some zones long enough for them to find every nook and cranny, know every mob, every path, every stream, every hill. Bring in rare mobs with rare loot - that drow that is always at the bridge, give him a 2% chance to spawn as a tougher drow sargeant with better loot. Let people discover them in their own time, give them a sense of adventre, of achievement.

I am not a hardcore player, but I have 2 lvl 60 chars (DC and TR) and I'm at the point where the endgame content has become a chore, rather than a pleasure.

Of course, I could quit and come back some time later, but it hardly ever happens; when I leave, I'll just move onto something else.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    try getting a job
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    try getting a job

The troll is strong in you...
  • tjockustjockus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for a FREE game its a bargain, dotn you agree? 2 whole weeks COMPLETLY FREE - IF you want it to be free. Many games you BUY in the store lasts HOURS and not weeks... But yeah... What ever...
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry tools are very limited, so it's not really fair nor indicative of the potential that's there. It is my opinion that the replay value and future of the game/end game lies in what they do with the Foundry.
  • solaxisolaxi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    try getting a job

+1

Some people are just spoiled brats. I blame their parents.
    A free game, in beta no less ... and the'yre STILL whining.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lolz. This is the thought process behind the OP..."Game doesn't fit my exact wants/needs, yep I'll go to the forums and flame the game for it"

GTFO with this trash.
  • vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free or not.. the game "is" very short. But, that seems to be the trend with newer MMOs. So much time is spent on pretty graphics and voice-overs, and actual/compelling content falls short.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game wil hit planetary magnitude once founders can create dungeons/skirmishes that can reward epic items, cryptic wont have to do anything then and the game wil skyrocket :o
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree - took a total of a weeks play time for me to reach 60 and another week to max out gear in each slot. I have already started to notice less founders and experienced MMO players in-game. PvP can be fun but grinding the same 2 arenas is lame and the foundry quests are not worth the time for the reward after the nerf.

The game introduced some decent innovations to the genre; but lazy development practice and placing importance in pay to win sales of content has me seeing this game going the same route as Star Trek Online.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ITT- a bunch of exploiters who hit 60 in a few hours through foundry, used negative AD to buy t2 gear and the best enchants within moments of hitting endgame- and then act surprised that they were able to win at pvp against people with half their GS, and beat every dungeon with ease- no doubt double stacking AS while using GF and CW billion damage bugs.

The game takes a bit longer to get through if you progress naturally- and frankly, the levelling may be too fast for single character players- but for those who like to alt, it takes long enough to level to max that I'd rather not be wasting even more time doing so.

Wanna level slowly? Quit power levelling- level through dungeons and skirmishes, there's plenty of them, and the xp rate for those is horrid- or better yet, through foundry. Any of those will get you to 60 at a snail's pace- you only have yourself to blame if you're speeding through quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Completing all the content and MAXING out are two different things.

I never heard of NW until the day before it went live.

I downed Dracolich 1 week later.

Im wearing full tier2 / perfect jewlery

And I maxed out? No. For that I would need perfect gems and atleast rank 9 enchants..

Ill let you figure out HOW long that will take without spending ATLEAST 500 usd.

There will be more content eventually, but on AVERAGE tier2 dungeons should be TWICE as hard as they are now, and I don't mean by SPAWNING MORE ADDS. Which is single handedly the worst design ive ever seen in any "MMO" game.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Imo this is a mistake that alot of the MMo's have made that have been released since Ultima Online started it all, they underestimate how quickly some gamers will chew through the content of a new game. Wow got lucky in that the levelling up process seemed to take quite a long time with huge quest chains to keep players busy. By the time the majority of players hit 60 there was a huge player base as they were 1 of the first with high end graphics at the time which in turn brought in more interest.

Having said that, in my experience those gamers seem to be a minority, there are constantly new players starting the game, you only have to log in and see how many new players are asking questions like where is the bank, where can I buy ID scrolls etc, this is the market the developers are pandaring to as they will be more likely to play the game long term. These players may only play 2 or 3 hours a week compared to a hardcore gamers 20 hours or whatever.

Realistically there is no way any developer will release a game with enough content to satisfy hardcore gamers without employing an army of programmers which wouldn't make sense unless you had unlimited resources. I know theres alot of hardcore gamers, but not neccessarily alot of them playing Neverwinter. Its probably because of the time involved to develop, test and release content.

Personally I think most mmo developers spend far too much time creating novel ways of levelling up your character and not enough on what happens when that process is over, but as this game is f2p theres plenty of time to see what happens in the future with this game. The foundry has huge potential.
  • byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post is completely spot on.

The MMO player and their skill has evolved however the design of MMOs have not evolved to keep pace. Players now are so much better at going through content than players were 10 years ago and this needs to be accounted for in current MMOs to provide any sort of longevity at all. The fact that, for example, a game like Wildstar would be going back to 40 man raids and making things hard again is appealing. Like it or not getting 40 people to work in unison without 1 person messing up is difficult. Faction and world PvP is appealing and I wish NW had implemented some form of this, even on a racial level it would have been interesting.

Anyway new games needs multiple levels of challenge to keep players occupied otherwise you get a massive drop in people logging in even if the game is free.
  • wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    So you've beaten all the foundery content?

You've beaten all the other pvpers so badly that they quit leaving you the master of PvP?

I also got the impression that you fail to realize that if you find the game boring AT THIS SPECIFIC TIME. You can quit and come back later at no loss of time or money. . .

Foundry content is player made content. If you count that, then Cryptic better start writing checks.

I have beaten the game. In an MMO you have to set goals for yourself to consider it completed. There are a few things I could do. But the PVE side of the content is so wash rinse repeat at the end game. It is honestly boring for me.

I created a hurdle for myself, a mount upgrade. I almost have it. 300 zen away.. now the AH is frozen so I can't sell my stuff to get the AD
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    GG is coming within the next few weeks. This is essentially the first of their "end-game" raids that will be released (going by the State of the Game they released a week ago).
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is uses so many old and outdated systems.
  • professore12professore12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So people come here and whine about game not having enough content without thinking a bit what this game is about to bring us.
    All know about moba genre and what started that, giving the players tools to craft their own maps/missions/quests/dungeons/etc will make this game HUGE.

It is still in beta but once they make foundry tools cover a wide area of the game, the devs will just review battlegrounds/dungeons/story quests/etc that players will create and probably give like a rating for what type of gear will drop that they will want to implement in future.

This is my opinion on this game, I see this as a really nicely open ended game that, if Cryptic knows how to play the cards right, will evolve the mmos.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter represents the first MMO I've played that I've reached the level cap (I'm not a serious MMO player), and it's only taken a few weeks. I'm not sure whether I think that's a good thing or a bad thing at this point. I wonder if the leveling could do with some balancing, it was too easy to out level skirmishes, dungeons and the basic quest content particularly if you're also doing daily foundry quests as well. On the other hand it was nice to play an MMO where leveling wasn't a grind.
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1. Bump for agreement.
  • mercurial257mercurial257 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm tied in between. After 2 weeks from "official beta launch", I have 5 60's (1 of each class) decked out in at least 10.5 GC. By that I mean the minimum. Now aside from that, the only thing that makes me not want to really play anymore is bugs/glitches/etc.

For instance: (Small list)

1. Some feats not even working.
    2. Some powers seeming so insignificant
    3. Set bonuses not even working.
    4. Lack of classes/paragon paths
    5. Afk pvping, dungeon finder not working or replacing ppl when they leave
    6. Dungeon chests bugging out
    7. Mute functions

I could make a huge list if i wanted to...

Aside from all that, Ive really enjoyed the game. Its was fun to see what each class can do and what each one was capable of. I still love this game and will definitely come back each time new content is added.
  • nuncainvernonuncainverno Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finsihing all content within two weeks of game releasing.
    Maybe you shouldn't spend 50 hours a week playing a game focused on PVE then complain 2 weeks later that there isn't enough content to satisfy your gaming needs.
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have you thought about playing less? Just because it's there doesn't mean you absolutely have to log in and grind to 60.

Here's a few suggestions:

-Go camping
    -Go fishing
    -Go on a date
    -Go hang out at a friends house
    -Have a friend hang out at your house
    -Go to the gym
    -Progress your knowledge in a meaningful subject
    -Enroll in a college
    -Join the military
    -Get a few friends together and go play a sport at the park

I could go on. If people are out of content they have no one to blame but themselves.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    This game will be left with fanbois and uber casuals very soon, and no one wants to play in a game populated with scrub players, just check out SWTOR.
    Sounds good. I've always been of the opinion that 'pro' gamers destroy games faster than anything else.
    Go to the next latest greatest, sooner the better.