test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo PvE should be cut from the game and here is why. . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree. Its a necessary part of D&D and cannot be avoided. The opposing player pools of die hard D&D traditionalists and the wow gen has never been so apparent as in the last week or so. These pools of players will continue disagreeing until the high standard D&D gamers are pushed out from the wow gen money masses.
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just came solo to watch the fireworks,
    to be part of something broader and grander,
    I live the mmo, Freedom of choice, will be and will always be

farat1.jpg
  • Options
    cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Its Dungeons and Dragons not SWTOR, its all about adventuring as a team with other people, not a crappy A.I. Bot. I don't even understand why Solo PvE is in this game in the first place >.> The dev time used on Solo PvE could be used to fix stuff like the Group finder and PvP.

Don't get me wrong I play things like Final Fantasy and Mass Effect I like a good Single player experiance now and then but I think its just wasted time here.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Well I gotta say the total opposite.
    Give us more solo/duo friendly stuff. I've been playing countless MMO's now over the past 12 years and I've learned one universal truth, I'm too old to be told what to do by a bunch of kids, so I keep to myself or with a close friend and enjoy my MMO exploring, crafting and hack and slash.
    And the fact that it is D&D as you say means nothing since most MMO's use either Tolkien or D&D base anyway.

And try and convince a true D&D fan that this MMO is D&D see how far your argument goes :)
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But if you had a static, or if you were nice to Asians, or if you were generally a good person, and remembered to keep a good reputation, you wouldn't have to wait a week. 30-1hr max, and I'm talking in FFXI Vanilla days. Having to find a replacement 30 minutes before you needed to go, and waiting around your camp until your replacement showed up, things like that, just speak volumes of how organized the community was. That game took something no other game will ever require: Class.

I realize there will never be another game like it, and it kills the gaming part of me. I'll most likely never find another MMO I like. (Abyssea killed ffxi for me)

That is all some people can play in a single session. People have families and other obligations. A common question in the cancelation polls for MMOs is "Do you feel you were able to obtain a since of accomplishment in short play sessions"

Not everyone has time to sit around and wait for the optimal group. These people should not be excluded from the gaming experience simply because they chose to have a life that did not revolve around a game and it's community.

All MMOs require class. Usually variations of fighter, rogue and a caster. What does being nice to Asians have to do with anything? Shouldn't you be nice to everyone you meet, in real life and online?
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    That is all some people can play in a single session. People have families and other obligations. A common question in the cancelation polls for MMOs is "Do you feel you were able to obtain a since of accomplishment in short play sessions"

Not everyone has time to sit around and wait for the optimal group. These people should not be excluded from the gaming experience simply because they chose to have a life that did not revolve around a game and it's community.

All MMOs require class. Usually variations of fighter, rogue and a caster. What does being nice to Asians have to do with anything? Shouldn't you be nice to everyone you meet, in real life and online?

It's a shame people like you are allowed to procreate.

Fail at reading comprehension in school much?

First, it's 'sense', not 'since'.

Second, Class, the adjective, not the noun.

Third, if you didn't play the game, you don't understand, so don't comment about things you don't understand, you'll only end up looking stupid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cujo669 wrote: »
    Well I gotta say the total opposite.
    Give us more solo/duo friendly stuff. I've been playing countless MMO's now over the past 12 years and I've learned one universal truth, I'm too old to be told what to do by a bunch of kids, so I keep to myself or with a close friend and enjoy my MMO exploring, crafting and hack and slash.
    And the fact that it is D&D as you say means nothing since most MMO's use either Tolkien or D&D base anyway.

And try and convince a true D&D fan that this MMO is D&D see how far your argument goes :)

Lol, i think the most D&D thing about this game is the initial dice roll. Cant find a shred of similarity after that. It doesn't change the fact that ALOT of players "want" it to be D&D.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Lol, i think the most D&D thing about this game is the initial dice roll. Cant find a shred of similarity after that. It doesn't change the fact that ALOT of players "want" it to be D&D.

Hey if you don't like 4th edition then you don't like 4th edition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charezoncharezon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which is why I love/hate this mega-server instanced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Sure, sometimes it works for me. I queue up for a dungeon, realize 15 minutes in that I'm playing with 4 slightly rtard shortbussers, so I 'leave party' like I'm avoiding the plague. Why wouldn't I? I'm never going to see those idiots again, there's no penalty whatsoever in leaving them down a man.

Your example is exactly the reason why I solo. I only queue when I know for a fact that I can invest a solid hour or two into the game and NOT leave a group hanging.

I see the majority of your responses consist of insulting other players who don't "fit" into your narrow-minded vision of what a MMO should be like. Don't worry, you'd have to grow up a lot before I'd even consider grouping with such an immature ******* such as yourself.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Heh, it's funny, because I don't know if I like 4e or not, but as presented, it sure seems like it took D&D back about 20 years of development.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I like 4th ed just fine....um, why does AC not work correctly in this game? How come warrior classes cant use all arms and armors? I could go on... point being is its not 4th ed.

Just opened up my 4e D&D DMs guide to a random page. Hmmm, explains saving throws, any idea why saving throws dont exist in this game. There is nothing D&D about it, not any edition. Thats just false, calling this D&D is just a lie mate.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame people like you are allowed to procreate.

Fail at reading comprehension in school much?

First, it's 'sense', not 'since'.

Second, Class, the adjective, not the noun.

Third, if you didn't play the game, you don't understand, so don't comment about things you don't understand, you'll only end up looking stupid.

Oh attacking grammar. One small mistake in all those words. Good find. Hope it made you all warm and fuzzy inside. So you are out of logical things to say. I realize what you meant by class, learn to recognize sarcasm. I played the game. It was a terrible waste of time. Go out, kill bees and turtle men. Yep, that was about it. It's a shame you have so much emotion tied up in a game. Lashing out like this shows how hurt you are that you no longer have the social fulfillment that game was able to provide you. Now you can't find a game that forces people to talk to you and you are upset. I am pretty sure I was able to comprehend everything you wrote.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Its Dungeons and Dragons not SWTOR, its all about adventuring as a team with other people, not a crappy A.I. Bot. I don't even understand why Solo PvE is in this game in the first place >.> The dev time used on Solo PvE could be used to fix stuff like the Group finder and PvP.

Don't get me wrong I play things like Final Fantasy and Mass Effect I like a good Single player experiance now and then but I think its just wasted time here.

Of course this is just my opinion.

This would have worked in a pre-warcraft generation game but with 8 out of 10 people being socially challenged, self-centered kids it wouldn't work.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    Do you know why DDO changed from groups only dungeons when they started in 2006? Cause there are more players that would rather SOLO than to have to listen to the "younger players" cry all the time while grouped with them.

You play the way you want to and I will play the way I want to DDO made that change because if they didnt the game would have failed!

Learn the history of MMO'S before your cry about the SOLO players.

^^^^This x100.

Timm, when people want to spend time with friends they play the game called Real Life. Games are just there to relax on and enjoy yourself for a bit. But when you start moving your real life schedule around just so you can be online at exact time X so that you can do a group dungeon run then that's the world in reverse basically. This is just my opinion, of course.

Signed,
    A solo player who's sick of the incompetence of other people.

Edit: Exactly @ the post above me. Trolling wasn't really a thing yet pre 2k and neither were voice chat programs such as TS that people require you to use now.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    doctahgdoctahg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's get rid of solo PVE and lose 1 Million customers...YES what a GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh attacking grammar. One small mistake in all those words. Good find. Hope it made you all warm and fuzzy inside. So you are out of logical things to say. I realize what you meant by class, learn to recognize sarcasm. I played the game. It was a terrible waste of time. Go out, kill bees and turtle men. Yep, that was about it. It's a shame you have so much emotion tied up in a game. Lashing out like this shows how hurt you are that you no longer have the social fulfillment that game was able to provide you. Now you can't find a game that forces people to talk to you and you are upset. I am pretty sure I was able to comprehend everything you wrote.

Which is why every 'MMO' now comes with the included tag : 'WoW-clone', because that's all they are. It all comes back to my point. These games are online, but you get alot more done just by grinding it through solo then by actually being a good person and talking to other people and working together.

It shouldn't be like that, but it is. I realize there are much more people like you than there are of me. But there still exists some MMO Purists who believe group play should be rewarded. It's too bad we are the minority; games would be 10x better if you were rewarded for communicating and being a team player.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And even if I adventure solo, I'm still playing a "massively multiplayer" game - I'm interacting with people via chat, via the auction house/economy, and through interactions in the adventure zones (cooperating to take down an elite, sharing the quest spawns in an area, helping clear the way to a chest, etc).

These reminiscences of super-niche-masochism games (spend an hour putting together a group, to "grind" your "camp" of monsters over & over & over & over, finding replacements when your shift is over)...... yeah, there's a reason that game style is dead.
    who believe group play should be rewarded.

It is - the "best" gear in MMOs tends to come from party dungeons, raids, and ranked/group pvp. Not in every one, of course, but most. And I accept that - I played WoW from vanilla through Cata, rarely dungeoned & never raided. Had loads of fun, but was aware & accepting of the fact that there were parts of the content I wouldn't see. (would have been nice to have a "spectator" mode for the raid instances, though - it would have been nice to see the architecture & artwork that my subs paid for :p)
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you start blocking people from soloing, then you're cutting out a huge chunk of the clientele because many people enjoy to play alone in a MMORPG! Yes yes, it sounds silly that people wanna play alone in a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG, but have you ever thought of the fact that those solo players actually do participate in Multiplayer group content too!!! They may wanna quest on their own for an hour, but then spend the following 1 hour in PVP or doing a 5-man dungeon with friends and guildmates!!!

See? This is why World of Warcraft revolutionized the MMORPG market and everyone has copied the same "casual player and solo friendly" style! WoW was the first high budget MMORPG that was solo player friendly! You could quest from 1 to 60 alone, and when you felt like you, you could skip or do group quests, or do 5-mans or even PVP! Then at the end-game, if you wanted the best gear in the game, then only then and there would you be required to group with other players! Solo players didn't get jack! But that was okay. At least they got to reach the end-game on their own and pay Blizzard several months worth of subscription fees to get there!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This would have worked in a pre-warcraft generation game but with 8 out of 10 people being socially challenged, self-centered kids it wouldn't work.

QFT

/10char

WoW killed the genre.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well gents no one here put the D&D label on this game. WoC is too blame, they want money, a piece of the cash crop that is wow. Given that WoC did put this renowned title on this game, that means alot of gamers that were loyal even to TSR are and will continue to be greatly disappointed in the game configuration, which is like wow with D3 mechanics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which is why every 'MMO' now comes with the included tag : 'WoW-clone', because that's all they are. It all comes back to my point. These games are online, but you get alot more done just by grinding it through solo then by actually being a good person and talking to other people and working together.

It shouldn't be like that, but it is. I realize there are much more people like you than there are of me. But there still exists some MMO Purists who believe group play should be rewarded. It's too bad we are the minority; games would be 10x better if you were rewarded for communicating and being a team player.

You are rewarded for group play. Maybe not in this game yet. Dungeons and raids require groups and yield better rewards. This game will eventually implement larger dungeons that require communication and are more than just simply running a 3 CW, 2 TR group. Yes you can solo, but in the end you will end up with all uncommon gear and maybe a rare or two. Eventually the best stuff will be raid gear and mounts. In that aspect this game will inevitably "clone" WoW. The only difference is there will be an exact replica with maybe a different color scheme in the Zen store.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are rewarded for group play. Maybe not in this game yet. Dungeons and raids require groups and yield better rewards. This game will eventually implement larger dungeons that require communication and are more than just simply running a 3 CW, 2 TR group. Yes you can solo, but in the end you will end up with all uncommon gear and maybe a rare or two. Eventually the best stuff will be raid gear and mounts. In that aspect this game will inevitably "clone" WoW. The only difference is there will be an exact replica with maybe a different color scheme in the Zen store.

? Group content in this game is the most profitable thing to do by far, lol. Unless there's some magically hidden solo content that I am not aware of.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm ill so solo is all I can do without hurting a group. I love the escape. No I don't get uber gear but it makes things bearable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]