test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yet ANOTHER EXPLOIT! Are you even trying Cryptic?

Comments

• askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    That's what's weird though.

WHO WOULD BUY THAT?

WHYYYY?

That is how RMT vendors move their currency.... Yes, even with a cash shop revenue model gold farmers are already running rampant.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    It has everything to do with the "point" you made.

Once again;

How is being rude to the programmers going to help?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Dragon and they all sold already.

Mindflayer - Just took this SS.
    GameClient2013-05-2707-12-09-11.png~original
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Alright, let us see for ourselves. Which server is this on?

Lol dude it's legit. There's still a stack or two floating around with 99 qty
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    Lol dude it's legit. There's still a stack or two floating around with 99 qty

On what server?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please try to do some critical thinking.

Do you believe he should be able to keep all the items he exploited?

Do you think he should be able to sell those items on the AH?

Do you think anyone out there really wants/needs a stack of 99 r4 enchants?

No? Well what other reason could he have to do this? Maybe to launder the billions of AD he exploited through the negative bidding on the AH?

You should understand since Caturday that the forum community deals with ten to fifteen Bridge Dwellers a day saying OMG Xpl0iT! Because they want to keep the forum drama high, so forgive them if they are a bit jaded and skeptical. The developers do investigate them even the BS ones which means a lot of useless tail chasing which the bridge dwellers gets off on.

Complaining about a possible exploit on the forums does jack and ship, you may think that Cryptic ignores these but that isn't the case, the case is they are buried because when you have a few hundred playing a MMO and then hundreds of thousands start playing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens...this is the whole point behind the Open beta /Soft launch. Starting up the cash shop means no extra loans from venture capitalist and the funds to develop future content now.

Myself and several other players report bugs/exploits quite frequently and we don't do it on the forums we use the email address and if it's an emergency we PM a Mod Sominator or one of the others, if it's a known they tell us if it isn't they tell us...so far I have seen about six issues I reported fix some pretty serious.

Ask yourself what is you goal here? Do you want the issue solved or do you want drama? If it's the former report as I suggested.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is how RMT vendors move their currency.... Yes, even with a cash shop revenue model gold farmers are already running rampant.

That's what I assumed, but why use enchants? Isn't that just flashier?
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    On what server?
    This is on dragon, i'm offline now but 15-20minutes ago there were a few stacks left, no idea if there's any left sus out each type in the photo.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again;

How is being rude to the programmers going to help?

Actually, I'm being rude to the Quality Control department. I stated quite clearly that I fully understand and appreciate the difficulty of coding an MMO and that I know that mistakes will be made and bugs will happen.

It's not the programmers I'm being rude to. Quality Control is supposed to find these types of things. THATS WHAT THEY GET PAID TO DO.

One gamebreaking exploit (infinite quest sharing xp)? Ok, thats understandable
    Two game breaking exploits? (GF one shotting Castle Never) Eh...ok.
    Three game breaking exploits? (AH negative bidding) Come on guys, get it together!
    Four game breaking exploits? (Skipping boss doors and throwing the boss down a hole) For the love of god, people!
    Five game breaking exploits? (Respawning dungeon boss and chest) FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuu....

Now, add all that to the fact that they allowed these people to keep all the items and AD they were able to exploit then rolled everyone else back 7 hours and you have a pretty funny story.
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should understand since Caturday that the forum community deals with ten to fifteen Bridge Dwellers a day saying OMG Xpl0iT! Because they want to keep the forum drama high, so forgive them if they are a bit jaded and skeptical. The developers do investigate them even the BS ones which means a lot of useless tail chasing which the bridge dwellers gets off on.

Complaining about a possible exploit on the forums does jack and ship, you may think that Cryptic ignores these but that isn't the case, the case is they are buried because when you have a few hundred playing a MMO and then hundreds of thousands start playing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens...this is the whole point behind the Open beta /Soft launch. Starting up the cash shop means no extra loans from venture capitalist and the funds to develop future content now.

Myself and several other players report bugs/exploits quite frequently and we don't do it on the forums we use the email address and if it's an emergency we PM a Mod Sominator or one of the others, if it's a known they tell us if it isn't they tell us...so far I have seen about six issues I reported fix some pretty serious.

Ask yourself what is you goal here? Do you want the issue solved or do you want drama? If it's the former report as I suggested.

Thats the first thing I did....

More people need to report it or it WILL be ignored.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On what server?

Mindflayer.

Mao2elT.png
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Mindflayer - Just took this SS.
    GameClient2013-05-2707-12-09-11.png~original

Man too funny. This game has reached epic launch fail status... Step aside Sim City... Neverwinter Online is the top dawg in the launchfail arena now.
    edited May 2013
    Thats the first thing I did....

More people need to report it or it WILL be ignored.

Ignoring and prioritising are a different things,( I have a suspicion they are using Jira which I loathe) what Cryptic needs to improve on is how they prioritise (If they became an ITIL house that would help.) these things, many developers are of the mind that exploits happen but the economy usually rights itself, I disagree with that and so does every single person who has ever worked as a GM or CSR for Asherons call does as well.

But honestly all being rude ever does is get you ignored, and that is what they are ignoring....your issue is just a casualty of that. These guys get screamed at, insulted some even get personal threats made against them, hell I saw one nutjob actually charge Bill Roper at a GDC during the Hellgate fiasco. Telling them what is going on providing as much information as possible and leaving personal opinions and insults out of it works, the other way doesn't.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for passing this along. We will take a look at this and report back if any bugs are identified.
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for passing this along. We will take a look at this and report back if any bugs are identified.

Behold the power of correctly reporting.

:rolleyes:
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Amen. I wish more people realized this.

Making such threads does little to improve the situation. What it does is 1) create more unneeded drama and 2) popularizes the exploits (if they are real) and exacerbates the long-term damage to the game. So if you actually care, think before you post.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Behold the power of correctly reporting.

:rolleyes:

You are removing peoples reasons for rage. How dare you sir! :D
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who paid money for this game is a sucker. Your 2 million AD for spending $200 dollars is mostly worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    looks like a dupe i guess
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Amen. I wish more people realized this.

Making such threads does little to improve the situation. What it does is 1) create more unneeded drama and 2) popularizes the exploits (if they are real) and exacerbates the long-term damage to the game. So if you actually care, think before you post.

Thanks. :)
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You are removing peoples reasons for rage. How dare you sir! :D

Yep..how dare I want a forum community that actually has some semblance of civility! :p
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Anyone who paid money for this game is a sucker. Your 2 million AD for spending $200 dollars is mostly worthless.

How very constructive, now that you made your opinion known you have closure and can move on to better things yes?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

People didn't pay $200 for 2M AD. The 2M AD had, at the worst exchange rate (during headstart already), a Zen store value of $40, at 500:1. Currently, the same 2M AD have a Zen store value of $54 (370:1).

That aside, when you help to found something, you do so because you want to support a project. I didn't get the founder packs because I wanted to profit, but because I wanted to help finance the game, because I like it. If I had wanted to make a good deal, just the $60 pack would have been the optimal choice.

It's not so different from pledging $100 on Kickstarter to help support a game that will eventually cost $20 and all you get for the $80 is a tee-shirt.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    People didn't pay $200 for 2M AD. The 2M AD had, at the worst exchange rate (during headstart already), a Zen store value of $40, at 500:1. Currently, the same 2M AD have a Zen store value of $54 (370:1).

That aside, when you help to found something, you do so because you want to support a project. I didn't get the founder packs because I wanted to profit, but because I wanted to help finance the game, because I like it. If I had wanted to make a good deal, just the $60 pack would have been the optimal choice.

It's not so different from pledging $100 on Kickstarter to help support a game that will eventually cost $20 and all you get for the $80 is a tee-shirt.

Yeah great explanation and it's very true god knows I have over-supported many Kickstarters (I'm looking at you Star Citizen) but never once felt "ripped off"

I paid my 200.00 for the HON pack (that was me supporting a project I believed in) so I don't count that and maybe fifty bucks of Zen...I will more than likely get hours,months and years of entertainment on that investment, and value is in the eye of the beholder.

The AD rate is up now, but I never once had to pay for Zen with AD..it's so easy to make mountains of it here, and gear isn't super hard to acquire so I mostly spend it on Dyes and enchants and darn little of those and that's with two 60's at end game.

But if you look at that guys forum name and posting history he really doesn't want your explanation, we both know why he is here and that is why my ignore list is so comprehensive.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by stormdrag0n

Good post +1
    Dear Party Member,

Please have your own healing pots/elixirs prepared for this dungeon as I refuse to heal anyone without them. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
    Devoted Cleric

Hahah +1
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    lol they better gief a mount in gift this time :P
  • stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kejser91 wrote: »
    lol they better gief a mount in gift this time :P

Best post ever! I read this in a russian voice in my head btw, even funnier.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now the AH is down without warning. Amazing.

I am about to quit this game until the next content patch; I can't stand the issues anymore.
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    And now the AH is down without warning. Amazing.

I am about to quit this game until the next content patch; I can't stand the issues anymore.

Bye! Perhaps you should stay away longer. I am sure that will fix everything.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Never had exploits of this magnitude in any P2P game ive played :D..and ive played most of them
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Never had exploits of this magnitude in any P2P game ive played :D..and ive played most of them

Then you never played everquest or daoc. 7 hr roll backs? HAH that was childs play.