test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clerc Companion on Defense or Offense mode?

soulignasouligna Member Posts: 39
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't know why, but my clerc companion tend to try to kill the Mad Dragon by herself instead of staying at the back and heal me :-S

I wonder if there is Defense and Offense mode for my Clerc Companion?

Second question...

What rune you put on ur Clerc Companion : Max hp points, deflects, XP bonus??

Thank you!!
Post edited by souligna on

Comments

• muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    souligna wrote: »
    I don't know why, but my clerc companion tend to try to kill the Mad Dragon by herself instead of staying at the back and heal me :-S

I wonder if there is Defense and Offense mode for my Clerc Companion?

Second question...

What rune you put on ur Clerc Companion : Max hp points, deflects, XP bonus??

Thank you!!

Yeah I hear you, my companion either just stands taking in the ambiance, or runs headlong into the nearest Boss / Sub-Boss, and loves to stand right in the danger zones. Companions need to have a control panel, and a serious AI upgrade; even EQ had a better pet UI 14 years ago. Give me some control over my Pet, ahem "Companion" Cryptic.

As far as Runes, I think I have HP, Defense, and Stat Share? Heck I don't really know...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would just get rid of the clerics attacks and let her passively heal. This would (hopefully) stop her running into melee with enemies and getting one-shot. And TBH if her damage contribution is that important to you, you probably forgot to equip your weapon.....
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    souligna wrote: »

She doesn't realize that she only has a ranged attack.
  • soulignasouligna Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    She doesn't realize that she only has a ranged attack.

Aahhahaha True :-P
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Yeah I hear you, my companion either just stands taking in the ambiance, or runs headlong into the nearest Boss / Sub-Boss, and loves to stand right in the danger zones. Companions need to have a control panel, and a serious AI upgrade; even EQ had a better pet UI 14 years ago. Give me some control over my Pet, ahem "Companion" Cryptic.

As far as Runes, I think I have HP, Defense, and Stat Share? Heck I don't really know...

Yes please, while this game is still Beta, can the Dev improve her game play before Launch day?
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interestingly, playing a Cleric and running a Control Wiz companion, this guy is turns out to be a pretty good tank! Sure he gets healed by me, but he can stand in the face of lots of mobs and red zones and still keep going :)
  • stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the cleric in this game is done in mind of the Shadow priest class from WoW (which I don't play btw). It's class is offensive healing mostly, with DPS having a heal party/self bonus claulcated on the amount of damage & Crits you do from the get go, the companion NPC is the same.

The offensive attacks they do, give heals, thus they attack like they are mad for it. These attack heals can be stronger if it's a mod attacked etc, than a direct heal.

They could perhaps stand further back (mine always has to be honest), but as far as I can see it's working as intended.
    edited May 2013
    stylernaku wrote: »
    I think the cleric in this game is done in mind of the Shadow priest class from WoW (which I don't play btw). It's class is offensive healing mostly, with DPS having a heal party/self bonus claulcated on the amount of damage & Crits you do from the get go, the companion NPC is the same.

The offensive attacks they do, give heals, thus they attack like they are mad for it. These attack heals can be stronger if it's a mod attacked etc, than a direct heal.

They could perhaps stand further back (mine always has to be honest), but as far as I can see it's working as intended.

Would be perfect if we can get Tactics options for my companion :-)
  • stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you may be waiting a while for that lass.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My cleric thinks she is a tank and runs off to tank for me. :p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    My cleric thinks she is a tank and runs off to tank for me. :p

ahahaha then you should stay back and heal her instead cause she knows how to tank better than you :-D