test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter PvP Video - Great Weapon Fighter.

krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
This was a blast to make for me! I was really looking forward to making a video for my GWF! I know I can't one shot people, like a rogue or a wizard, but GWF is fun as hell! I'm not claiming to be anyone special here, I just really love making videos. Thanks for watching and I hope you all enjoy the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTdwdYYdP_4&feature=youtu.be

Here is video number two! Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7NPK0GXLg&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by krewcify on

Comments

• nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Video production +1
    Competent GWF.. props.. but where's all the footage of the equally competent rogues and control wizards facerolling you? Yeah, I'd probably edit that out too. ;)

Just one pro tip. Battle Potions of Major Healing. You can have that one for free.
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Video production +1
    Competent GWF.. props.. but where's all the footage of the equally competent rogues and control wizards facerolling you? Yeah, I'd probably edit that out too. ;)

Just one pro tip. Battle Potions of Major Healing. You can have that one for free.

Yeah, I would rather not put in my video getting crit for 30-50K. =/ Thank you for the compliment though!
    Battle potions to me aren't worth it. I'd rather sell glory on the AH, and I'm buying gear for ALTS. Not to mention I have a pocket healer half the time.
  • sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like he outgeared everyone also, I dont see anyone else with greater enchant. Infact im having a hard time seeing any of your opponents with anenchant at all.

The video looks nice and all ive just never been one to enjoy watching someone faceroll everyone without any challenge
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like he outgeared everyone also, I dont see anyone else with greater enchant. Infact im having a hard time seeing any of your opponents with anenchant at all.

The video looks nice and all ive just never been one to enjoy watching someone faceroll everyone without any challenge

There is some people with the same gear score is me, I've talked to many of the other teams. There is no challenge for higher GS rogues and wizards, they most of the time one shot you if all their cooldowns are up. I do appreciate your thoughts, i'll put a pin on that for my next video.
  • hetharhethar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good video. Not all the fights were plenty of fight where he didn't faceroll people... they were close fights. Well played.
  • pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    competent gwf

point is how much easier it is for a CW rogue or even GF to do well

all kinds of magic cc. rogues get TWO aoe ccs considering at wills get silenced too it might as well be a stun, that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dodge mechanic that NEITHER of the classes deserve with all the CC and mobility they get. knockbacks that require your entire sprint bar to catch up to.

We have incredible burst with the encounters he is using though, and on short cooldown.
    edited May 2013
    pizzarazzi wrote: »
    competent gwf

point is how much easier it is for a CW rogue or even GF to do well

all kinds of magic cc. rogues get TWO aoe ccs considering at wills get silenced too it might as well be a stun, that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dodge mechanic that NEITHER of the classes deserve with all the CC and mobility they get. knockbacks that require your entire sprint bar to catch up to.

We have incredible burst with the encounters he is using though, and on short cooldown.

I concur, well said.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Video Co pilot Preset Projects for the win! Nice pvp though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Video Co pilot Preset Projects for the win! Nice pvp though.

Thanks. Never seen that site before. Looks awesome.
  • ravkratravkrat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love decent pvp vids has much has the next guy but please..dont make duplicate threads for the same vid
    edited May 2013
    ravkrat wrote: »
    i love decent pvp vids has much has the next guy but please..dont make duplicate threads for the same vid

I didn't mean to. I put it in different topics, like GD and barracks, then the pvp thread. Had no idea it merged over.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWFs are not meant to assasinate people like Rogues and CWs. If you want to play a class that dominates in 1 v 1, go play Rogues or CWs. GWFs are GFs but without the shield and has slightly more damage. GWFs shines in team fights because they last much longer in team fights compared to Rogues and CWs.

Honestly, some of you people cease to amaze me. If you played a CW, you'd want the same defense and ability to block like GF. If you played rogue, you'd want astral shield and ability to heal like Clerics.

Get it through your thick skulls that GWFs are never going to be on par with Rogues or CWs in terms of 1 v 1. Occasionally, you'll catch a rogue or cw that blew their dailies already and you'd be able to kill them 1 v 1, but that's not your strong point. You chose the class so play the role.

If every class was the same and every class had it all, the fights would not be dynamic. You wouldn't have to choose your targets wisely. Just whack away at the nearest target.
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    GWFs are not meant to assasinate people like Rogues and CWs. If you want to play a class that dominates in 1 v 1, go play Rogues or CWs. GWFs are GFs but without the shield and has slightly more damage. GWFs shines in team fights because they last much longer in team fights compared to Rogues and CWs.

Honestly, some of you people cease to amaze me. If you played a CW, you'd want the same defense and ability to block like GF. If you played rogue, you'd want astral shield and ability to heal like Clerics.

Get it through your thick skulls that GWFs are never going to be on par with Rogues or CWs in terms of 1 v 1. Occasionally, you'll catch a rogue or cw that blew their dailies already and you'd be able to kill them 1 v 1, but that's not your strong point. You chose the class so play the role.

If every class was the same and every class had it all, the fights would not be dynamic. You wouldn't have to choose your targets wisely. Just whack away at the nearest target.

I suppose in some points you are correct. Something to keep in mind, you aren't playing machines, sometimes you can play better and achieve a victory over said 1v1 class. Making it more fun to watch then a rogue and control wizard, who normally dominates the 1v1 game.
    edited May 2013
    krewcify wrote: »
    I suppose in some points you are correct. Something to keep in mind, you aren't playing machines, sometimes you can play better and achieve a victory over said 1v1 class. Making it more fun to watch then a rogue and control wizard, who normally dominates the 1v1 game.

When I play against premades or just good groups, I realize that I cannot jump into a team fight without being extremely careful because the other team assigns a CW to CC and exterminate me immediately. I have to sneak behind enemy lines and try to kill the CW that has been targetting me first. I usually don't last more than 10 seconds if I rush into a team fight as rogue against a decent group.

When I am about to enter a 1 v 1 combat, I always make sure that I have my daily up already in case things go sour. Most of the time, I don't need my daily in 1 v 1 because I choose targets that don't have full HP. That is my job as a Rogue, to assasinate.

When I play my GWF, it is completely different. My GWF never advances pass the middle. I am usually in the middle with my Cleric or dashing towards base to stop an enemy from capping. You will almost never find me alone when I'm on my GWF. My job is to keep the annoying rogues off my cleric and to be a meatshield for my team. I can usually last over 40 seconds as GWF in team fights, even if their entire team targets me. I know that CW and Rogues have dailies that can nearly 1 shot me if I'm not at full health, so when I get lower than 75% health, I just move behind my cleric and let her heal me back to full before entering the fray again.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks. Never seen that site before. Looks awesome.

Right. So you made that intro in Sony Vegas 3d editor with all those after effects plugins huh? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
    edited May 2013
    This was a blast to make for me! I was really looking forward to making a video for my GWF! I know I can't one shot people, like a rogue or a wizard, but GWF is fun as hell! I'm not claiming to be anyone special here, I just really love making videos. Thanks for watching and I hope you all enjoy the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTdwdYYdP_4&feature=youtu.be

YOu're a beast Krewcify. My favorite part was when you dropped on the other GWF's head and owned him before he could get back up. Then you went to the CW and owned him cause he decided to not pay attention to you.
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Right. So you made that intro in Sony Vegas 3d editor with all those after effects plugins huh? lol

The intro is explaining how the movie is made, not the intro.
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    YOu're a beast Krewcify. My favorite part was when you dropped on the other GWF's head and owned him before he could get back up. Then you went to the CW and owned him cause he decided to not pay attention to you.

Thanks for the kind words Tenkuro.
  • hetharhethar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a beast
    edited May 2013
    hethar wrote: »
    You're a beast

Keep an eye for my next vid! Should be coming before the "official release" of the game! :)
    edited June 2013
    Can't wait for the next one :cool:
    edited June 2013
    Releasing my next video tonight! I'll post the link!
    edited June 2013
    Hey all just wanted to post my next video as promised! Hopefully you enjoy it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7NPK0GXLg&feature=youtu.be