Options

Going to spend the weekend reviewing 'for review' quests

2»

Comments

• Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Mine are in my sig. Do whichever you like, or both.
    Will review yours.

Edit
    Comments as I went through

<snip>

Sorry I couldn't leave a review in-game. Moved too quickly when I opened the chest (wish it wouldn't do that It's VERY annoying).
    I'll do a speed run later with the portals and leave one then.

Wow, thanks for all the detail I really appreciate it. I think a lot of the slightly floating stuff is a result of using the 'populate' option in the foundry, I will go around and check it all thanks.

There is a rock outside the house to move unfortunately the one I used (mossy rock 08) for some reason doesn't render some of the time. Which is a shame as it's just the right size and even does move if you push it! I originally used this in the sewers too, but changed it, as rocks you can't see are rather tricky when they have keys hidden under them!

There is actually a (slightly contrived ) explanation of how the boat got into the sewer in one of the little big sister's dialogue options if you are interested :) The truth is though that I just thought it looked cool :)

Thanks for the pointer on item use.

I don't think I have any stacked encounters as such, however some of the encounters are set as patrols which overlap so if you pull at the wrong time you could get two packs. There is also the room where the ogres are fighting the lizards, they will ignore you if you leave them alone, but you would get two packs here if you pull them.

Point taken about explaining the different sewer inhabitants. I plan to add quite a few 'breadcrumb' clues to point to the key locations so will incorporate something into those.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey nevfe,

If you're still looking for review quests to test, I just published my first effort last night:

Name and code :Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator (NW-DBFUDMT8L)
    Author : @MRTHEBOZER
    Length: 30-40 minutes, maybe a little more or less.
    Focus : linear storyline with some puzzles and plenty of enemies. Designed to be a single player adventure.

Also, I just looked up Choice or Fate and I'm giving it a try now.
    c447.png
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm interested, details are in my sig or you can visit the main page for it at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?288522-The-Adventures-of-Sherlock-Colms
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Mine are in my sig. Do whichever you like, or both.

Sorry I couldn't leave a review in-game. Moved too quickly when I opened the chest (wish it wouldn't do that It's VERY annoying).
    I'll do a speed run later with the portals and leave one then.

Just did your Linkwell Crypt and annoyingly did exactly the same thing at the chest which closed the review window.

Generally very much enjoyed your quest anyway and thought the atmosphere and storyline was great. Combat largely well balanced but did run into one encounter that was VERY tough for my level 42 Cleric - the one with the three mobs, two of which are wights that can summon zombies. It didn't help that the first time I tried, the patrol came around the corner just as I pulled so got them as well - and after a lot of running around died. The second attempt I killed them but it involved an awful lot of kiting and pots.

I kind of like the twist with the false ending, but it did make the quest feel a little long. After the tough fights with the summoners I was sort of looking forward to finishing, so when I had to go back to the sewers I think I rushed things a bit and maybe explains why I was hasty at the final chest.
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    A few rules
    a) the quest must be in 'for review'
    b) it must be designed for single-player
    c) no known bugs that would prevent the quest being finished
    d) finishable in an hour or less.
    e) no encounter stacking quests (except perhaps your 'boss' fight if you have one).

A. It's up for full review.
    B. It is, but it's Solo-Hard, Duo-Easy setting.
    C. All the bugs have been worked out.
    D. ~20mins.
    E. If it's more than one encounter, it's usually 2-3 weak archers added in the back. I'm not entirely sure by what you mean otherwise.

Quest is in sig if you would like to play it, all plays and reviews are greatly appreciated. If you happen to stream I'd love the link so I can watch it being played. As I said above, it's a hard solo, but designed to be soloable if you are good. Whether you think a 40 Cleric or a 60 CW is easier to do that with, is up to you.

Thank you for the thread, very nice of you.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First a buggy type thing, when I was on the firey outside map with the objective 'Reach the chapel' I reached the chapel and nothing happened. I figured out that you'd probably used an encounter trigger but there was no encounter nearby, I had to backtrack through the map to find the kill I'd missed and then when I went back to the chapel the farmer spawned and I could carry on.

Next the issue that really gave me trouble. The 4 flame shocktroopers spawning when you read the book. Yes, it says run, and on going back and looking again after they were dead it says 'RUN EAST', however in my haste to get away from the red stuff I didn't see the 'east' bit. Spent the next half-hour and about 40 pots killing them. Really not fun at all and would have just quit the quest there and then if I hadn't already spent so long on it. What I'd suggest is have an extra dialogue page to trigger the spawn after the instruction to run, so that people get time to read it without having to move.

That stacked encounter aside, as a level 41 Cleric none of the encounters were too difficult.

Kind of annoyed because up to that point I'd really enjoyed it, even though I think it probably is a little long. I think the ending could do with being tightened up a bit too as if feels something of an anticlimax to have to run over 3 seperate areas after the final fight. (did like finding the statue though :) )

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the issue with Farmer Deen spawning...there are some triggers and it could be I don't have his trigger aligned correctly or something. So definitely thanks for that.

As for the 4 shocktroopers, sorry you missed the east part... I'll definitely add another dialogue step because that whole bit was supposed to just be a big joke, not a 40-pot PITA. My bad. You are most definitely NOT supposed to choose that response because it will spawn the army of darkness... So, REALLY sorry about that. That deal is actually part of a puzzle and if you don't have the required items, the CORRECT response won't even show up. Sorry it backfired on ya. I'll definitely clear that up so no one else has to feel your pain... :)

I hear you on the ending. I tried a few different things and that's the best I could come up with so far to finish up the story bits. As it is, I REALLY cut down on the dialogue at that point because I know it is dangerously close to dragging on too long there.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and I apologize for getting you killed. :)
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • Options
    lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just did your Linkwell Crypt and annoyingly did exactly the same thing at the chest which closed the review window.

Generally very much enjoyed your quest anyway and thought the atmosphere and storyline was great. Combat largely well balanced but did run into one encounter that was VERY tough for my level 42 Cleric - the one with the three mobs, two of which are wights that can summon zombies. It didn't help that the first time I tried, the patrol came around the corner just as I pulled so got them as well - and after a lot of running around died. The second attempt I killed them but it involved an awful lot of kiting and pots.

I kind of like the twist with the false ending, but it did make the quest feel a little long. After the tough fights with the summoners I was sort of looking forward to finishing, so when I had to go back to the sewers I think I rushed things a bit and maybe explains why I was hasty at the final chest.

Thanks for the review.
    I think I know the encounter you mean. The one right before the door that leads to the boss chamber. Of all the mob encounters I didn't think that was the one that'd be a problem, but I guess that's why I need a high level cleric to test with :). Different encounters being difficult for different classes and all. The patrol is a problem though, that room is dark so it could creep up on you easily. For now I've moved it's patrol path so it doesn't cross the other group. That'll do for now while I retest the mob difficulty in that area.
    Edit:
    Have cut it down to one summoner wight.

Thanks again

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, please review my quest. :)
    The information is down there in my signature, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TITLE: REGULAR QUEST
    SHORT CODE: NW-DADXEQ4QH
    Duration: 2 minutes

Description: The two legendary wizards Bigby and Mordenkainen are in a dispute regarding a Magic Game Box.

OVER 50 WAYS TO PLAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hippyshake wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested! I can't play again until Monday, but I'll run yours then. My info:
    Campaign Name: The Legend of Nona Sequitur
    Quest Name: Forrest, Grump
    Shortcode: NW-DH9B4YS83
    Author: @hippyshake
    Sub Tag: #Story #Combat #Humor #Explore #Balanced #Interior #Outside

Just done this one. Nice solo quest, enjoyed the light humour and cultural references. Combat well balanced.

One suggestion I'd have would be to change the dialogues that drop you out and make you talk to the subject again. I enjoyed exploring the 'wrong' options, but having to restart the conversation after every one was a bit tedious. Instead I'd suggest just having the 'wrong' answers wrap around to the start dialogue again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here is my very first outing, would love to get some eyes on it! <3

Campaign: The Oracle of Ages

NW-DMMLWSZB5 Chapter One: The Missing Child

Just done this one. A decent quest, a few things could do with tidying up. There are some interactive objects that still have their default name 'door 02' type stuff.

In the bit where you're following the trail it would be nice to have a bit of story for each clickable rather than 'follow the trail complete' come up each time. I'd suggest just one objective (at the end of the trail) and use the 'appears when' on each subsequent trial item to make the adventurer click them in order. (or just have them all clickable and then player can examine them or not as they choose). Then add a bit of flavour text to each item.

Anyway, good first attempt :)
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey there nevfe,

My in-game review UI dropped out yesterday before I could leave anything. I just gave it another play - which was good, because that gave me the chance to see how my choices impacted the experience, and improved the review score I initially intended to leave. I am still left with the feeling that I was just at the mercy of a strange child the whole time, and wondering why the choice was not there to turn on her (I know this presents challenges in terms of quest completion, but depending on how you presented it, it can be done) - but I was happy to see that some of the choices I *was* able to make had an actual impact on my experience. And the moral of your story ultimately reflected the way it played out - so while I may not have necessarily gotten what I wanted, I got what your plot called for, so I can hardly give you negative points for that.

A few notes on things you might consider changing:

1) The heavy use of patrolling enemies leads to some unpredictable results, and not always in a good way. I had multiple instances of encounters finding and attacking me while in dialogue, causing me to break the dialogue to defend myself, and start over after. In other placed it worked well, but I might make sure that patrol paths steer well clear of dialogue moments.

2) The ladder outside the house. I was very disappointed to find this to be a non-choice. Depending on how much more time you want to devote to this quest, it might be interesting to have this lead to an entirely different map - maybe a haunted attic or something - that ultimately leads to the same 'house' map in the end. Not really a problem with the quest, but more of a "wouldn't it be cool if" moment that I had.

3)Consider using a less flashy teleporter - maybe the ladders or hole-in-the-wall variety - for the "lazy" option. I say this because the effect for the portal is visibly through the pillars that hide them initially, which both gives away their true nature and causes confusion. Since this is a simple asset swap, I would recommend this change most out of my suggestions.

4)Consider having the little girl's walk path end sooner in the end, if you can, or have her spawn in standing in place. I say this because when I went to talk to her the first time, she walked too far away from me and I had to start over. A minor issue.

I gave you four out of five, as I did have a great time and had some laughs at the little girl's dialogue, but the issues above (except 2, which is totally optional) kept it from being an entirely smooth experience. Thanks for taking the time to make this, I had a lot of fun!
    c447.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    Sure!

Name/code :Don't "Count" on it (NW-DQ3H4MXKG)
    Author : @vaelic76
    Length: average 25mins
    Focus : Mystery tale

Didn't run this as your description says for a group of 2-3 and I'm only doing solo stuff.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Try this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296301-Conflict-between-sworn-enemies-But-it-ended-badly

I don't know if you can finish it in less than an hour. :P
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    Hey there nevfe,

<snip>

Thanks for the detailed feedback I appreciate it. I'll look at the issue of dialogue being interrupted by patrols. There is one place where it was intended (the ladder), since they are only easy level wolves and you chose not to kill them while they were occupied with the spiders, and then well... your back was turned! :) (the npc spiders despawn as you reach the house, i.e. the wolves killed them).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 20 minutes

Ill definitely run yours. I need some new quests to add to my list of completed reviews :P

Will give this one a go at some point as you were kind enough to run mine, but as you've been lucky enough to already get out of 'for review' hell, I'll give priority to others for now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and then well... your back was turned! :) (the npc spiders despawn as you reach the house, i.e. the wolves killed them).

That's actually pretty slick. Well played.
    c447.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    Hey nevfe,

If you're still looking for review quests to test, I just published my first effort last night:

Name and code :Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator (NW-DBFUDMT8L)
    Author : @MRTHEBOZER
    Length: 30-40 minutes, maybe a little more or less.
    Focus : linear storyline with some puzzles and plenty of enemies. Designed to be a single player adventure.

You sir (or madam :) ) are a genius. Absolutely loved it, the sort of thing I save 5 stars for. This type of quest inspires me to do much better with my own stuff and puts Cryptic's dungeons to shame.

One comment, climbing to the door in the next-to-last area. I realised pretty quickly that I had to climb up, but initially I couldn't get on the water slide and thought there must be another way around. Searched for a bit, tried some stuff, couldn't find anything and so had another go at the water slide. After a bit of faffing did manage to get on, up and exit. So you may want to tweak this a bit if it is the intended way up as it would be a shame to have people stuck right at the end.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review! Oddly enough, I didn't have a problem with getting to the water slide until you just brought it up. I hopped on real quick to take a look, and sure enough this time it was impossible. Great catch.
    c447.png
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just done this one. Nice solo quest, enjoyed the light humour and cultural references. Combat well balanced.

One suggestion I'd have would be to change the dialogues that drop you out and make you talk to the subject again. I enjoyed exploring the 'wrong' options, but having to restart the conversation after every one was a bit tedious. Instead I'd suggest just having the 'wrong' answers wrap around to the start dialogue again.

Great suggestion; I'll definitely do that. Thanks!

I also will make the girl in Blacklake reacte differently to the different "secret codes;" I wasn't sure anyone would bother reading them. it's nice to hear that you enjoyed exploring the "wrong" options.

Cheers! I'll run through yours tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just to say that my playtime on Sunday got interrupted by real life (sigh...) I'll do my best to get around to all the quests people have posted here in due course. People are welcome to post more qs here, just no guarantee now of when I'll get around to them.

By the way, I have really enjoyed most of the quests people have posted. This turns out to be a far better way to find quality content than the woeful ingame foundry browser. I guess people who have put effort into their creations of course want it to be seen.

The standout for me so far was Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator (NW-DBFUDMT8L) which I can't recommend highly enough (and I have no connection to the author!).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Choice or Fate is such an interesting concept! I enjoyed the different choices you give to the player, and the atmosphere is good. Love the giant maze; some rooms have tons of detail, which makes it more interesting to navigate, as it's so large. Two things though: First, the note about needing to kill more wolves threw me a bit, as I had already apparently killed all there were to find (spent time circumnavigating the map after reading there were more).
    Second: SPOILER ALERT (this board needs a spolier tag):

I found the key where the Ogre was (under the loose rock) but then went looking for the second key, to no avail. I went back to the piece of paper and created portals, but still couldn't find it. I also turned on the pixie-dust trail, but that led me straight into a wall. After another half hour or so, I ended up aborting (but would love to attempt it again to do a proper video review). Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hippyshake wrote: »
    Second: SPOILER ALERT (this board needs a spolier tag):

I found the key where the Ogre was (under the loose rock) but then went looking for the second key, to no avail. I went back to the piece of paper and created portals, but still couldn't find it. I also turned on the pixie-dust trail, but that led me straight into a wall. After another half hour or so, I ended up aborting (but would love to attempt it again to do a proper video review). Any ideas?

the other key is in the room where the portal takes you to. Down in the empty pool, under the lip. There's a purplish light over the rock.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the other key is in the room where the portal takes you to. Down in the empty pool, under the lip. There's a purplish light over the rock.

Ah, thanks. I'll start it again tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 20 minutes

Another quest I really enjoyed, especially that most of the npcs in the academy were chatting away to each other, which really made the place feel alive. Teetered between 4 and 5 stars, simply because I found a couple of the encounters pretty tough to solo on my level 44 Cleric, but in the end went with 5 as they could be classed as 'challenging' rather than 'downright annoying'.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just released v1.1 of my quest, with a new side-story to make the maze more interesting and give some clues, for those that go exploring.

I will tackle more of the 'for review' quests that people have posted here and I haven't done yet this weekend. My cleric now is in the 50s.
  • Options
    boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doh, I do have encounter stacking, something stated not to have in your requirements. Sorry!
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I would love a review!

All of your conditions are met. Details in my signature. Play time should be around 20 minutes.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just to say that my quest is now available for the daily and if you take the quick route (portals etc), you can blast through it.