test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Going to spend the weekend reviewing 'for review' quests

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Since my own quest (Choice or Fate NW-DNVS9P8CJ) is stuck in the lagfest that is 'for review' hell, I thought I'd spend the weekend reviewing other people's quests that are similarly stuck, in the hope some of you will do the same for me.

Please post here if you'd like me to take a look at your quest.

A few rules

a) the quest must be in 'for review'

b) it must be designed for single-player

c) no known bugs that would prevent the quest being finished

d) finishable in an hour or less.

e) no encounter stacking quests (except perhaps your 'boss' fight if you have one).

Unless you request otherwise I'll run it with my (currently level 40-something) Cleric. I do have a fresh level 60 Control Wiz (so only geared with quest blues and greens) if you'd prefer it testing at level 60.

As well as doing my best to run all quests posted, I'll try to give detailed feedback if you would like it.
Post edited by nevfe on

Comments

• nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nobody interested?
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    nobody interested?

I am mate, in my sig. It is all bespoke maps and characters, built from ground up. Hope you enjoy it. I forgot to mention, will of course check yours out, I assume it hits your own criteria?
    My new quest:

WIP
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I have one I would like to have tested, basically brand new. Specs are...
    Name/code :An Adventure To Die For (NW-DD9NYOZP)
    Author : @silithas97
    Length: average 15mins
    Focus : Light-hearted tale with a medium amount of combat
  • idbrainidbrain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your bored my quests has been stuck in for review for ages also.

Name: The Wandering Minstrel
    Code: NW-DHUX5C7GC
    Length: About 20-25 minutes

Should be easy solo but some 55+ players have had problems with the bosses but I can lower them any more with out removing all challenge completely. (They really need to fix the upper level scaling so easy encounter still mean easy not hard)

I'll review yours as soon as I finish naming some chickens. I guess seeing Chicken 1-4 ruins the role play :)
    The Wondering Minstrel - Short Code: NW-DHUX5C7GC
    edited May 2013
    idbrain wrote: »
    If your bored my quests has been stuck in for review for ages also.

Name: The Wandering Minstrel
    Code: NW-DHUX5C7GC
    Length: About 20-25 minutes

Should be easy solo but some 55+ players have had problems with the bosses but I can lower them any more with out removing all challenge completely. (They really need to fix the upper level scaling so easy encounter still mean easy not hard)

I'll review yours as soon as I finish naming some chickens. I guess seeing Chicken 1-4 ruins the role play :)

Just done this one now. Well done, nice quest. One very minor bug is that you can open all the cell doors before you actually get the warden's key (which is what I did). Doesn't break the quest, but does throw the story out a bit.
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Thanks for offering
    I'm on a review-streak now too. Will review yours in a bit.

Here's mine

Campaign Name: The Tale of the 3 Suns NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256451-3-Suns-Aligned-Part-1-of-the-Amulet-of-the-Suns-campaign

Quest 1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    Quest 2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    Author: @pavvo
    Est. Time per quest: 19min Solo. Can be duoed.
    Note: Quest 2 presents you with choices that determine how the quest will play out. This gives the quest a huge amount of replayability depending on the choice you make :)

Campaign Name: The Legend of Khyber NWS-DK33EIYMY
    URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256431-Holy-Symbol-of-Khyber-A-short-quest

Quest 1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    Quest 2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Author: @pavvo
    Est Time per quest: 15 min solo. Can be duoed
    Notes: These 2 quests are heavy combay with light story. If you like waves of enemies with a story to tie it all in, this is for you :)
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Just did your quest

You have to move the campfire where the portals are. I died in one fight, respawned at campfire and was stuck in the walls.

Also, the part with the 2 ogres and the marsh mystics was hard, even at low 20s. The mystic keeps healing the ogres and ogres have the double knockdown. (20 pots down and I managed to kill one ogre, while the other was being healed continuously by the mystic. Focusing on the mystic caused the other 2 to chain knockdown. I'd imagine this would be harder at higher levels?)

Sorry, I couldn't complete the quest due to the spawn-stuck-in-wall bug. If you fix that, I'd be happy to give it a go again.

Cheers
    Pavvo

EDIT: Did it again and finished it, this time I tried not dying lol. Good quest, I like the different pathways and the puzzles within. One comment (other than the ones above), a little too heavy on the quest items. I had to destroy some of the loot drops from mobs just so I could pick up some quest items. But overall, good quest. Keep up the good work!
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • idbrainidbrain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya I can't find a way to fix that bug that doesn't break things worse. I might try an invisable wall until you are on that step that might work. I'll try that tonight.
    The Wondering Minstrel - Short Code: NW-DHUX5C7GC
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have time, I've got a brand new one looking for some love... Haven't tried it with a cleric yet. You'll be bringing your companion, yes? :)

The Vaalyr Prophecy - Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71

It can push an hour if you decide to fight in the side rooms or go on the hidden object hunt, just so you know...

Thanks!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm definitely interested! I can't play again until Monday, but I'll run yours then. My info:
    Campaign Name: The Legend of Nona Sequitur
    Quest Name: Forrest, Grump
    Shortcode: NW-DH9B4YS83
    Author: @hippyshake
    Sub Tag: #Story #Combat #Humor #Explore #Balanced #Interior #Outside
  • vengefuldeityvengefuldeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is my very first outing, would love to get some eyes on it! <3

Campaign: The Oracle of Ages

NW-DMMLWSZB5 Chapter One: The Missing Child
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Mine is relatively short:

Short Code: NW-DEETO9XW8
    Title: Smurf Nasties Must Die!
    Author - @herakleia
    Tags - Story, Combat, Dungeon Crawl

This is just me taking the editor out for a spin and seeing what can be done in it.
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sure!

Name/code :Don't "Count" on it (NW-DQ3H4MXKG)
    Author : @vaelic76
    Length: average 25mins
    Focus : Mystery tale
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • ninjanerdbgmninjanerdbgm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to have feedback on my first published quest!

It's called The Trouble with Tricksters (Spotlight URL)

Riddles, fighting, and hidden things!

Author: @ninjanerdbgm
    Shortcode: NW-DPODXQKGW
    Time to Complete: 25 - 40 minutes (depending on your aptitude with solving riddles)
    Difficulty (Solo): Moderate to Hard
    Difficulty (Group): Easy to Moderate
    @ninjanerdbgm

Try out my first quest on the Foundry, The Trouble with Tricksters!
    Shortcode: NW-DPODXQKGW
    edited May 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Hi Just did your quest

You have to move the campfire where the portals are. I died in one fight, respawned at campfire and was stuck in the walls.

Hi thanks for the feedback. I'll fix that, It never actually occured to me to try dying during testing :)
    edited May 2013
    idbrain wrote: »
    Ya I can't find a way to fix that bug that doesn't break things worse. I might try an invisable wall until you are on that step that might work. I'll try that tonight.

Another possibility would be to put a door (or maybe a grate so you can see through it) locking the whole cell block until you have the key.
  • tituspullo13tituspullo13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in....
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 20 minutes

Ill definitely run yours. I need some new quests to add to my list of completed reviews :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • ferventfervent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I hadn't listed mine due to the fact you said an hour or less. Honestly you can finish it in that time, but you could also be lost for hours. I'll post it, and you can take a look. Be nice, it's really my first one, and I had to modify the way it was built because the foundry doesn't let you have multiple transition points from the same map. NW-dpb4tzbi6 - Shadow of a Minotaur
    edited May 2013
    Well it seems that since maintenance I can't log in. I'm just stuck at a full loading bar :(

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon, otherwise, very sorry folks, I'll try to get to your quests as soon as I can.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got to say man, that was a lot of running. I think you could tone it down a bit (less rooms and long corridors) and maybe add some fun clues to lead in the right direction, it wasn't much of a choice or a puzzle as it was just mindlessly running around hoping I found the keys and in my opinion that's no different from a regular hack and slash.

There's also a part I need help understanding. On the paper in front of the two gates as a clue you put "You'll find the first one where what there's a lot of down here has gone missing" I have no idea what you were trying to say there haha. Might want to consider revising the only clue you give us lol.

Difficulty wasn't bad for me. I am a lvl 60 TR with moderate gear and no companion but I think overall I used 3 potions, which I gained back during the quest anyways. I also didn't lower the amount of mobs with the crystal.

Map details were okay, it's hard to make a room look full and detailed when they are so large and you have so many. So, some rooms looked fine and others were just kind of a drag to even walk through. I wouldn't mind the amount of walking around if there were more details, but that is very time consuming and tedious to make look really good so I don't blame you. I did like the broken down ship in that one room though; it was pretty cool to wonder why and how it got there.

I also wanted to ask you about the portals you have placed behind the wall objects in the key rooms and near the gates. I could not figure out how to get them to reveal themselves, maybe I just didn't look hard enough for the trigger but this also contributed to the "more running" complaint. My suggestion is to have the walls covering them disappear when you enter the room or if you can, when you grab the key. Then maybe on that initial paper near the two gates, point them out as ways to return when you have both keys so as to avoid players grabbing one key, taking the portal, and then being confused as to where to go next.

Dialogue was great and I loved the concept and small bits of humor throughout it. Overall I did enjoy the lack of a bread crumb trail because I do love to explore, however, I feel like there were too many rooms to explore and not enough detail/interactable objects to keep me busy while I walked around looking for the keys. Encounters to me were good, other classes that can't stealth and don't have life steal may beg to differ.

Overall I gave you a 4/5 and max tip. Keep it up :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine are in my sig. Do whichever you like, or both.
    Will review yours.

Edit
    Comments as I went through
    * Wooden frame behind house spawn clips into roots of tree
    * Decals of gravel/moss near wolves attacking ghosts is floating
    * Spider re-skinned as a zombie. This looks very strange as the zombie does not have the correct animations.
    * Floating sticks on left of house
    * When it says to "Move loose rock" you could have an actual rock
    * Where the cave connects to the sewer the door is partially invisible. I've seen this before, it seems to just be a bug when those two tilesets are connected together. There's a wooden post in detail that fits nicely into the gap and covers it up.
    * Ship... in sewers... how.. Maybe a wizard did it. :)
    * Nearby to the ship there's a bookcase stuck in the wall, also lot of arches intersecting. Also brazier stuck in wall.
    * Oger has a fancy hat :)
    * In L shaped room east of key guarded by oger there is a floating pipe
    * In the T shaped room with coward enemies there is a pile of rubble clipping into west doorway
    * In Small room that looks like weapon shop there is a Barrel clipping into doorway
    * In corridor with lights that go out when the encounter spawns (this is nice by the way nice) the trap is floating above the floor
    * In NE L shaped room. There is a Pile of rubbish clipping on knee of L
    * Pile of rubble is on fire, while in pool of water, in the room with the portals. Maybe move it out of the water.
    * The Cult leader's bag is stuck in ground.
    * The Door near cult leader does not fit arch
    * The Trail of blood is clipping slightly into floor. Needs to be lifted just slightly
    * Dialog option for "bottle of red liquid" is a different color
    * Sidenote: That's a lot of items now in my inventory. With a limited inventory size that can get very annoying. Might be better to just have a dialog saying "you have picked up the red bottle" then use that as a flag. Items should really only be used if you want to carry it between maps.

General
    * A lot of different enemy types around. From a story perspective you could give a reason why these sewers contain ogres AND Lizard-men AND plaguechanged AND Skakir-dar (however you spell that) then some dragon cult THEN some of the Order of the blue fire when you fight the boss.
    For a combat perspective it's good as it gives a lot of variety, but it is a little weird without an in-universe explanation.
    * Some of the rooms in the sewer were detailed but some of the others looked very empty.
    * Combat was difficult but doable (I think some of the encounters were stacked? Not sure. Maybe the one with three Lizardman Bruisers?). My character was quite low level though. Possibly setting that crystal thing would make it doable at higher levels, don't know.
    * Apart from those things it was fun.

Sorry I couldn't leave a review in-game. Moved too quickly when I opened the chest (wish it wouldn't do that It's VERY annoying).
    I'll do a speed run later with the portals and leave one then.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Got to say man, that was a lot of running. I think you could tone it down a bit (less rooms and long corridors) and maybe add some fun clues to lead in the right direction, it wasn't much of a choice or a puzzle as it was just mindlessly running around hoping I found the keys and in my opinion that's no different from a regular hack and slash.

There's also a part I need help understanding. On the paper in front of the two gates as a clue you put "You'll find the first one where what there's a lot of down here has gone missing" I have no idea what you were trying to say there haha. Might want to consider revising the only clue you give us lol.

Difficulty wasn't bad for me. I am a lvl 60 TR with moderate gear and no companion but I think overall I used 3 potions, which I gained back during the quest anyways. I also didn't lower the amount of mobs with the crystal.

Map details were okay, it's hard to make a room look full and detailed when they are so large and you have so many. So, some rooms looked fine and others were just kind of a drag to even walk through. I wouldn't mind the amount of walking around if there were more details, but that is very time consuming and tedious to make look really good so I don't blame you. I did like the broken down ship in that one room though; it was pretty cool to wonder why and how it got there.

I also wanted to ask you about the portals you have placed behind the wall objects in the key rooms and near the gates. I could not figure out how to get them to reveal themselves, maybe I just didn't look hard enough for the trigger but this also contributed to the "more running" complaint. My suggestion is to have the walls covering them disappear when you enter the room or if you can, when you grab the key. Then maybe on that initial paper near the two gates, point them out as ways to return when you have both keys so as to avoid players grabbing one key, taking the portal, and then being confused as to where to go next.

Dialogue was great and I loved the concept and small bits of humor throughout it. Overall I did enjoy the lack of a bread crumb trail because I do love to explore, however, I feel like there were too many rooms to explore and not enough detail/interactable objects to keep me busy while I walked around looking for the keys. Encounters to me were good, other classes that can't stealth and don't have life steal may beg to differ.

Overall I gave you a 4/5 and max tip. Keep it up :P

Thanks for the detailed feedback (just back in now after the patch bug troubles). I had plans to add more clues as to where the keys where but got kind of disheartened on doing anything more after no-one played it at all, so I will look to do that. The note that tells you to look for them does in fact offer options to give you more info (or reveal the teleports to take you near to them!) but I need to make that more clear.

As for the meaning of the original clue that had you confused... it's in the room with the empty pool. (that is a place where there is no water when the rest of the sewers are full of water). I don't think riddle writing is one of my strengths!
    edited May 2013
    I am mate, in my sig. It is all bespoke maps and characters, built from ground up. Hope you enjoy it. I forgot to mention, will of course check yours out, I assume it hits your own criteria?

Just done this one now, loved it, very stylish and well thought out, puts mine to shame. I will definitely pinch some of your ideas... :)
    edited May 2013
    silithas97 wrote: »
    I have one I would like to have tested, basically brand new. Specs are...
    Name/code :An Adventure To Die For (NW-DD9NYOZP)
    Author : @silithas97
    Length: average 15mins
    Focus : Light-hearted tale with a medium amount of combat

Unfortunately I couldn't find this one in the Foundry, looked by code, name and author, nothing showed up.
    edited May 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Hi Thanks for offering
    I'm on a review-streak now too. Will review yours in a bit.

Here's mine

Campaign Name: The Tale of the 3 Suns NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256451-3-Suns-Aligned-Part-1-of-the-Amulet-of-the-Suns-campaign

Quest 1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    Quest 2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26

Just tried these 2.

The first was ok but a bit too combat heavy for me as a level 40 Cleric, didn't die but was constantly potting. Just felt a bit of a grind really, with no variation in pace.

I much preferred the 2nd one (even though it had heavy combat too and I did actually die!), however I was unable to finish it as in the room with the 'search the backpack' objective there was a mob somewhere that was stuck in the wall/floor and would put me in combat whenever I tried to get near the backpack, hence couldn't click it. My companion made valliant attempts to kill the mob but no luck, and I couldn't target it. May try it again, if I get time.
    edited May 2013
    WOW, I missed one digit in the code, I feel like a moron. Also, I can't find it by my name or its own, not sure why. here iis the real code
    NW-DD9NYO9ZP
    edited May 2013
    silithas97 wrote: »
    WOW, I missed one digit in the code, I feel like a moron. Also, I can't find it by my name or its own, not sure why. here iis the real code
    NW-DD9NYO9ZP

No worries, I had issues finding my own quest when I first published it.

Just run yours now. Really liked the setup and the transition from the fort was a cool surprise. However did have a small issue after using the green teleport to come back down the tower, I got stuck in a wall. Luckily /stuck was able to get me out, but you should obviously fix this as others may not be aware of that command.

Very much enjoyed the characterisations and light humour. Would have liked a little more storyline though. I still don't really understand how I managed to be 'living undead'. Maybe there could be something at the end to explain things a bit more?

Anyway, great effort, look forward to more of your work :)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for reviewing my quest Nevfe. I'll make sure to look into it.
    edited May 2013
    If you have time, I've got a brand new one looking for some love... Haven't tried it with a cleric yet. You'll be bringing your companion, yes? :)

The Vaalyr Prophecy - Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71

It can push an hour if you decide to fight in the side rooms or go on the hidden object hunt, just so you know...

Thanks!

Just done this and really liked the story, setting and attention to detail. However a couple of big BUTs...

First a buggy type thing, when I was on the firey outside map with the objective 'Reach the chapel' I reached the chapel and nothing happened. I figured out that you'd probably used an encounter trigger but there was no encounter nearby, I had to backtrack through the map to find the kill I'd missed and then when I went back to the chapel the farmer spawned and I could carry on.

Next the issue that really gave me trouble. The 4 flame shocktroopers spawning when you read the book. Yes, it says run, and on going back and looking again after they were dead it says 'RUN EAST', however in my haste to get away from the red stuff I didn't see the 'east' bit. Spent the next half-hour and about 40 pots killing them. Really not fun at all and would have just quit the quest there and then if I hadn't already spent so long on it. What I'd suggest is have an extra dialogue page to trigger the spawn after the instruction to run, so that people get time to read it without having to move.

That stacked encounter aside, as a level 41 Cleric none of the encounters were too difficult.

Kind of annoyed because up to that point I'd really enjoyed it, even though I think it probably is a little long. I think the ending could do with being tightened up a bit too as if feels something of an anticlimax to have to run over 3 seperate areas after the final fight. (did like finding the statue though :) )