test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Hot Topics of the Live Open Beta - Help Make an even better Neverwinter.

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm going to revisit a series of polls, that I first ran when we were a much younger forum community. I can't wait to see what our live open beta forum community members have to say now! This first one focuses on several hot-topics that we've read about on the forums over the past year and a half. I tweaked some questions, and added a few new ones!

Please keep ALL ANSWERS BRIEF, and CLEAN. Proposed format: Please keep your first post to the point, so developers can get a good grip on the opinions of the player base in the shortest amount of time. After your first post, a healthy discussion would be great!! Thanks!

1. Please list the top 5 4E playable races you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 5 races here, thanks!

PHB1: Dragonborn, Eladrin.

PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, and Shifter.

PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.

2. PVP vs PvE vs Foundry. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

1. 100% PvE

2. 100% PvP

3. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

4. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

5. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE

6. "Write Ins" such as the Foundry or other percent breakdowns..

3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you? In two sentences or less, please describe what you'd like to see included to make guilds even more organized than they are now in Neverwinter.

4. Please list the top 12 4E playable classes you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 classes here, thanks!

PHB1: Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord.

PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.

PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Barbarian, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker, and Swordmage).

NWCS: Spellscarred.

5. The Road to the End Game - XP and area level caps. Do you think XP rewards should be lowered, and area caps increased to allow more questing, without outleveling areas? A longer road to 60 would allow more Foundry play and guild play. Please choose an XP

1. 25% of the xp reward currently granted
2. 50% of the xp reward currently granted
3. 75% of the xp reward currently granted
4. XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible!

6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

7. Do you have a pnp D&D background? Wether your background is PnP, DDO or Neverwinter Nights, how do you see yourself fitting in, in NW so far?

8. Foundry. For you designers out there, has the Foundry excited you? What do you see that you like, and what do you see that's missing? Please keep answers tight, 6 sentences tops.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game.

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

Bonus: No poll worth it's weight in gold would leave out exploits and gold/AD farming of the past few weeks. Cryptic has done a stunning job this past week shutting down exploiters and going after the culprits and their accounts. What features can be added to the game in the future, besides the eyes and the ears of our community, to ensure Cryptic stays on top of cheaters.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ballot (for easy cut and paste):

Bonus:

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Great idea, thanks for doing this. Hope this will help make this a lot better of a game :)

1. Gnome, Dragonborn, Minautor, Githzerai, Eladrin.

2. Mostly doing 99% PVE, a lot more Foundry once I hit lvl cap, maybe just a bit of PVP

3. No opinions/ideas on this

4. (In no particular order) Ranger, Bard, Druid, Monk, Sorcerer, Paladin..... I don't have a lot of of experience with those 4E classes so just those I know

5. 50% of the xp reward currently granted(I think leveling in this game is waaay to fast and on more than one occasion I arrived in a new area 4-5 levels above it. 1 area (Ebon Downs) skipped entirely

6.No strong opinion either way

7.I do play pnp D&D and a lot of the classic RPG pc games. This is a very cool world you built here but it doesn't have too much of that D&D flavor.... One gripe would be about skills, they are all but the same, no difference between Arcana, dungeoneering.... especially when you can buy kits for anything you don't have. Also every node can give pretty much the same loot, I think crafting loot should be area/monster/skill node specific. Also you can add quests that have branching paths in regards to skills you have(lockpicking doors/pickpocketing keys to advance, finding secret doors for shortcuts with dungeoneering.....) Also have the skills lvl up as well, either with your level or like powers.

8.Loving this feature, haven't made one yet.

9.The fact that I can choose to progress solo above lvl 5 as a mage and not bound to find others to help me if I want to :P. Also combat is really fun and responsive (still a lot of tweaking left to do though...)

10.The face you outlevel skirmishes, and it takes AGES to queue up for either skirmish or dungeon. This is really hurting the enjoyment of the game. A D&D game you can't dungeon delve in?!
  • thetruezesbanthetruezesban Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1. Dragonborn, Gnome, Eladrin, Githzerai, Deva

2. 50 /50

3. Guild Keeps

4. War Wizard (Specialization of Wizard, Fireball please!), Sorcerer, Barbarian, Monk, Druid, Bard, Paladin, Avenger, Shaman, Warlord, Seeker, Invoker

5. XP should stay right where it's at! More leveling paths (Content at given levels) should be added. Also make it so Dungeons and Skirmishes that have been out leveled are still queueable but with all higher level players and not the level appropriate ones (2 tiers if you will) so they can still be played for achievements, quests, etc... to finish out content.

6. I like the BoE system today. It makes for a more fluid Economy.

7. PnP background? Check. DDO background? Check. NWN background? Check. I want to keep playing a fun game and eventually design content in the Foundry.

8. Foundry is awesome, but discoverability is poor. The top stays the top pretty much all the time. Also more scripts, control over treasure, bosses, and persistence would all be welcome additions.

9. Ease of leveling/gearing/etc... - NO GRIND! =)

10. Storage space or lack of Fashion. One of those 2, pick one.

- Zesban
  • nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. No opinion

2. 100% PvE

3. I haven't joined a guild yet so I can't answer this one.

4. No opinion

5. 50% of the xp reward currently granted or raise the amount of xp needed to level. Right now I feel that it is way to easy to outlevel an area, especially for the skirmishes and dungeons when it comes to the queue.

6. It doesn't matter to me whether they are in the game or not.

8. I haven't tried the Foundry yet and doubt I will.

9. Not sure.

10. Only been playing for a couple weeks so far. If anything already being at the level cap will make me stop playing. That and only being able to have 2 characters without spending money or creating a new account.

Bonus: There will always be cheaters in games like this, you will never get rid of that aspect of the game.
  • rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ballot

1. Dragonborn, Gnome, Mino, Githzerai, Eladrin.

2. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP would do more PvP if it was large scale

3. Guild Housing This would be a large project but i'm sure players would love this

4. Ranger, Warlock, Paladin, Barbarian, Druid, Monk, Swordmage, Sorcerer, Bard that's all for me

5. 50% of the xp reward currently granted, it's to easy to level

6. End game epics should be BoP this would help to stop players needing on equipment they can't use ( + make it 0 gold resale )
    or make it so that only the class it specifies can loot it.

7. I have played since white box was out many many years ago, D&D, AD&D, Greyhawk, Cyberpunk, Traveler, Plus many others
    Played DAoC, NWN ,NWN2, LoTR, DDO.

8. The foundry is good but is very lacking in Items to place as eye candy, It's very limited on length of play I'm sure a lot of players would like to see more epic size dungeons etc etc that you could log out and still be able to carry on from where you left off

9. Favourite feature is the combat system

10. Lack of endgame content (obviously this might change)

Bonus: I doubt this will ever happen due to the other games in the franchise having this
    Please turn off the chat ban system that you are currently using, yes allow players to be able to report other players for
    spam/abuse but auto banned for 24 hrs has to be the worst chat idea I have erver come across, this is so open to abuse
    It feels like you have just palmed this off to the community rather than deal with the problem (and no this has never
    happened to me).
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Gnome, Deva, Catfolk, Genasi

2. 50% PvE, 30% Foundry, 20% PvP

3. Guild Keeps/Halls

4. Ranger, Warlock, Bard, Paladin, Druid, Sorcerer, Shaman, Warlord, Avenger.

5. 50%-75% XP. They could add repeatables like in Blackdagger Ruins for people who simply want to grind it out.

6. If you NEED something it gets bound to you.

7. I've played D&D since the Red Box. Currently NW is a bit bland because of the lack of classes and paragon paths but that will change in time.

8. Random boxes with lootables, branching quests. Edit: Reward scaling based on average quest length instead of having to do multiple short foundry missions for the daily.

9. Combat

10. Playing with a group of friends and being unable to join a skirmish together because of a few level difference. NW is way too group unfriendly for a D&D game.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Gnomes, i love gnomes!

2. Almost 100% PVE, i love the foundry but i would like to see a chance, even a really small one, to get a better reward at the end of a mission. Maybe tied to how long the mission is?

3. Guild housing or hall

4. Paladin, Monk, Druid, Sorcerer, Ranger, Bard

5. 75% or 50%

6. I prefer a mix of BoE and BoP so you can catch up on alts by buying some pieces while still having an incentive to run dungeons though you should make purples automatically BoP when you roll need and eliminate the need button for loot that your class can't use

7. Played the original D&D and AD&D way back. Played some DDO as well. I feel the foundry is the key feature that can seperate NW from other fantasy MMOs

8. No opinion really as i haven't made a foundry mission yet. Cudos to all the hard working designers though for making great content. Please add the ability to give bigger tips!

9. Combat system and Foundry. Yea, i know it's 2 but i can't decide

10. Class balance, specifically GWF. I'd hate to see pvp ruin a pve class through nerfs

Bonus: Nothing to say
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Im surprised there aren't a lot more people responding to this... You guys have been crying to the devs for weeks to FIX THINGS!
    Now you have a chance to let them hear you and nothing?....
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Eladrin, Immortal Humanoid (Aasimar / Deva), Natural Humanoid, Dwarf (Duergar / Gray Dwarf), Kobold, gnomes

2. 80%PvE, 20%Foundry (pre-60), 20%PvE, 80% Foundry (post-60)

3. Guild Hall (EQ2 style) or Guild Keep (AoC style) either would work for me.

4. Warlock, Warlock, Warlock, Warlord, Ranger, Invoker, Sorcerer, Runepriest, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Sweordmage,

5. 25% of the xp reward currently granted (its the journey thats important not the distination)

6. BoP eliminates player greed (Need everything) and helps the Economy in the long run by preventing monopoly on certain items by single players

7. PnP player mostly but have played NWN, Baldurs Gate, DDO, and pretty much every single player D&D pc game ever released. So far it is a pretty good MMO but alittle lacking in the D&D side (atleast its Forgotten Realms verses the silly Eberron setting).

8. So far what I have seen has impressed me, especially some of the work being released for what lvl tools we really have available. I would be a happy little kitten if the foundry become more open/versatile (similar to how Elder Scrolls series is when it creator/editor tools)

9. Pre 4th edition Forgotten Realms setting rocks, but atleast NWO is set in Forgotten Realms.

10. Lack of customization (cosmetics, skills, powers, feats, companion looks) I mean Im a dwarf DC why must I run around with a dark elf wizzy or human cleric, where is my fellow dwarf brothers in arm.

Bonus:
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome responses so far!

Looking forward to hearing more voices.. for I promise you, you will be heard! :)

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Please list the top 5 4E playable races you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 5 races here, thanks!

Gnome, Genasi, Deva, that's all really.
    2. PVP vs PvE vs Foundry. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

Foundry is PvE... O_o
    For me mostly foundry, some dungeons, only daily PvP.
    3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you? In two sentences or less, please describe what you'd like to see included to make guilds even more organized than they are now in Neverwinter.

I don't really care about guilds, until a game lets you join more than one, it is usually more limiting than fun. Not to mention the drama of most.
    4. Please list the top 12 4E playable classes you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 classes here, thanks!

12?? O_o
    Bard, Invoker, more side classes like War Wizard instead of just the Control Wizard.
    5. The Road to the End Game - XP and area level caps. Do you think XP rewards should be lowered, and area caps increased to allow more questing, without outleveling areas? A longer road to 60 would allow more Foundry play and guild play. Please choose an XP

I never outleveled areas, was a couple levels under actually. Not sure what people were doing to outlevel them. Foundry scales to level, so doing them at 60 is fun too. Just have even more stuff to do at 60 besides dungeons, like featured foundries giving better rewards would be good.
    6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

They are fine the way they are now. No grinding to gear alts, if you already have everything it means you can sell it for more than vendor trash.
    7. Do you have a pnp D&D background? Wether your background is PnP, DDO or Neverwinter Nights, how do you see yourself fitting in, in NWO so far?

PnP since 1980, game is fine. How i "fit in"? Odd question. It scratches an itch for the more pure action and foundry, if that's what you mean.
    8. Foundry. For you designers out there, has the Foundry excited you? What do you see that you like, and what do you see that's missing? Please keep answers tight, 6 sentences tops.

Haven't played with it much, but sounds like they are keen on adding even more in, that's always good.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game.

Foundry. The possibility of an endless amount of interesting quests appeals to me.
    10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

Too long for new classes or things to do at 60, or the community in general becoming like WoW, where only certain classes builds get runs for dungeons. Sadly seeing that second part coming true (OMG we need two clerics! Your class is gimp, kick!) That's less on the devs more on D-Bag players who say they want a challenge, but really just want to be carried.
    Bonus: No poll worth it's weight in gold would leave out exploits and gold/AD farming of the past few weeks. Cryptic has done a stunning job this past week shutting down exploiters and going after the culprits and their accounts. What features can be added to the game in the future, besides the eyes and the ears of our community, to ensure Cryptic stays on top of cheaters.

Exploiters will always be around and always ahead of those trying to stop them, but i'd say publicly punish and denounce them. I forget what game it was, but when people in the forums claimed they got banned for something they didn't do, the GM came in and showed the logs or explained what they did do, like "You said you did nothing, here's what you did..." I'd even love a public pillory where they could be shamed, and if they were a member of a guild, them too.
  • gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Not fussy

2.PvE mostly(70%), dabble in PvP(20% dailies and purples), dabble in Foundry(10% dailies)

3. N/A Im not in a guild

4. Ranger, Paladin, Druid (12 is too many)

5. XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible!

6. I want to be able to pass spare loot to my alts. This means Needed items should be bound (negates ninjas) and items that were Greeded should be unbound.

7. I come from Gaming DnD background, ie baldurs gate, NwN, ToEE and my first impression of this game are "this is not DnD" (probably because ive not played anything with newer versions of DnD).

8. As a foundry player (not creator) I find the rewards terrible. They dont even match your class and are sometimes vendor trash.

9. Combat (I like the fewer buttons instead of the 40 i had to manage in wow years) (look to diablo for future customisation, ie runes)

10. End game. You have 2 options, raid and pvp. PVP is sorely lacking and 5v5 is too small scale to hold my interest.

Bonus: Bigger PvP maps (arathi basin from wow) with more players.
  • guiltlessoneguiltlessone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Gnomes, dragonborn, goliath, dwarves, warforged.

2. 80% PVP, 20% PVE.

3. Ability to capture castles like Ragnarok's War of Emperium, own land, owning a city and getting taxes.

4. Monk, paladin, ranger, shaman, warlock, artificer, psion, warden, bard, avenger.

5. XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible!

6. Majority bind on pick up.

7. Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate.

8. Don't use Foundry.

9. Action combat style, especially the way rogues play.

10. Lack of skills to use at once due to restrictive key bindings.

Bonus: Harsh punishments from the first offense, don't let them do the same thing over and over with a minor ban that won't even deter them.
  • kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Shardmind, Wilden, Genasi, Thri-Kreen, Vryloka.

2. 70% PVP, 10% PVE, 20% Foundry.

3. I'd like to see some type of guild vs. guild PVP features. Like capturing castles and owning land.

4. Ardent, bard, monk, ranger, warlock, artificer, paladin, seeker, avenger.

6. Most items should be bound on pick up, but a small amount of not-best-in-slot items should be bind on equip.

7. I don't have a D&D background but I'm eager to learn more.

8. I haven't finished a quest yet but I have started one. I want more interior items, lots and lots of interior decorative and flavorful items.

9. PVP, damage/healing and game duration times are not too slow and not too fast.

10. A lack of future updates/content would probably lead to me leaving. I can only spend so much time leveling alts. Oh and we reeeeeeeeally need better hairs, and I don't want to pay Zen to replace my old ratty hair since we had so few options in this beta. Also need more eye shaping ability, everyone in this game has HUGE eyes even on the smallest setting.

Bonus: No slaps on the wrist. A player who cheats is a player who will continue to cheat. A month-long temporary ban followed by permanent ban for repeat offenses.
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Deva, Shardmind, Gnome, Eladrin and Shifter.

2. PVE mostly.

3. I have not partaken in guild stuff yet, so nothing from me here.

4. Bard, Monk, Druid, Ranger, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker, Battlemind, no particular order apart from Bard and Monk being the first ones.

5. As it is, perhaps 75%, no more. Though dungeons and skirmishes should down-level characters appropriately, so that every level can play all lower level quests.

6. No opinion on that one.

7. Sadly, no PnP yet. I have played most of the D&D RPGs though - NWN, NWN2, Baldur's Gate... I like how the lore has been handled in this game, nothing extravagant, but it's still there. Taking the RP community in consideration, I'd say I fit in Neverwinter just fine for now.

8. I haven't dabbled in the Foundry a lot. What I would like to see is more and more options, along with an option to transfer between different maps without having to set up a questline.

9. The combat, as it has been said before, is very good. Still needs tweaking, but very good.

10. Lack of design and customization options, meaning one-style weapons for every class (mostly), and the rare ones that are of a different kind behaving like the default ones (stabbing with a mace isn't too effective). Generally, I want to see more Fashion items, more designs for gear, and more weapon options.

Bonus: I don't really care about cheaters. If they do something so groundbreaking as to affect the whole community, they will be caught. Other than that, so long as they don't harm my gaming, they can cheat their way to "beating" the game for all I care.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Shifter, Githzerai, Wilden, Deva

2. Mostly PVE, with foundry a second

3. They're very important, and I think our current tools are pretty good. I would like to see guild instances using the foundry as the most important thing that can be done for guilds.

4. Two Weapon Ranger, Bard, Warlord, Swordmage, Monk

5. I like it where it is, though speeding up 1-30 and slowing down 30-60 by a small amount would be great too.

6. I like how items bind now, but we should only be able to roll need on items are class can use.

7. I've been playing PnP DnD and other table top games for over half my life. Neverwinter Nights was another long time hobby of mine. I think I fit in pretty well with NWO. It's very much a DnD setting regardless of mechanics, it has the right spirit.

8. It is exciting, I like being able to create stories like a DM. I think what's missing though is the ability to have more people in our creations, and boss encounters. I would like to see more presets, items that commonly go together, being already put together for us. The ability to put down skill nodes and basic treasure chests or have some sort of loot control. Within the foundry I'd like to be able to move things on the Z axis more easily without having to go into 3d edit. The rest I think are just bug fixes.

9. I love the different content types, dungeons, skirmishes, foundry quests.

10. If anything I would say the lack of class variety. With the potential to have more variety than anyone else, I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy the classes we have so far, but I can't consider any character I can make right now as my main. I want to feel at home.

Bonus: Don't have anything here.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Eladrin, Deva, Gnome, and Shifter.

2. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

3. get party for dungeon/skirmish + life community; Guild House and Guild Banner

4. Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Ardent, Monk, Barbarian, Swordmage, Sorcerer, Runepriest

6. Should, item price and quality insurance

7. Yes, NWN, NWN2, PnP abit, many Boardgames, and Wizard of the Coast best TCG ever Magic: the Gathering. great but feel less complexity compare to other D&D game I play before

8. no, not trying the foundry making yet

9. Queue party for dungeons/skirmish

10. storyline is plain, compare other many D&D game

Bonus: - Multi-companion (2-3) so active slots not so useless and visual editor for it
    - other big city (for level 60+ maybe) like waterdeep, baldur's gate, etc
  • mustgofartmustgofart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1. Orc, Bug Bear, Kobold, Satyr, Eladrin

2. 4

3. Important but I haven't worked with them in game to see what they are like

4. Ranger (Both Melee and Ranged), Warlock, Paladin, Barb, Druid, Monk, Seeker, Warden, Bard.

5. 4 without the exp exploits that is

6. There is reasons to prevent economic collapse (or stall), but binding is rather silly unless the weapon/armor is cursed. At least make it a lore reason.

7. I've played pnp 3.5 but that is the latest v I have actually played past basic set-up. I enjoy it feeling less like I am Hero at least at the start. I wish the story didn't start pushing us however in the sole hero role.

8. Haven't toyed with the Foundry tools yet.

9. One of the better RP experiences (from design standpoint if players will keep it rp I don't know) I have seen in an mmo.

10. Exploits and the delayed response to them. Action needs to be swift to prevent them from damaging the game, that and currency spammers.

Bonus:
    20.jpg
  • shehabi37shehabi37 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good job guys :D
  • aliakarasualiakarasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Shifter, Gnome, Deva, Eladrin

2. 80% pve 20% foundry

3. no opinion

4. Ranger, Bard, Druid, Runepriest, Swordmage (don't really know them)

5. 50% would be great, I want to explore the maps, not concentrate on my xp gain in order not to be overleveled, that or an option to freeze my level, this way everybody is happy.

6. No opinion, I really don't care about that.

7. Not pnp, but I did read half the forgotten realms novels, that's why I'm on this game and not another mmo: each piece of lore is a pleasure. As I don't really know the pnp part, I can only compare with other mmos and the novels so I'm mostly happy with the game so far.

8. I'm not a desiqner, but I tried to play with the editor a bit, and it's great.

9. The exploration ? Tonight I was on a small map and there were four hidden chests if you took the time after/during the main quest.

10. Nothing really, my biggest deception is that we aren't abble to go to other big cities (Calimport, Waterdeep, Silverymoon, or maybe even Shadowdale)
    12.jpg
  • dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    1. Eladrin (Please make it possible to create all three kinds of high elves), [Genasi], Dragonborn, Gnome, Deva, Shifter

2. 75% PvE, 25% Foundry

3. Guild Houses created through the Foundry are a must, complete with a Harper agent to hand out Group oriented Foundry quests and a vendor.

4. Swordmage, Warlord, Bard, Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Barbarian, Monk, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warden

5. 75%

6. No real opinion

7. As an avid 3E player I feel this game, though fun, doesn't feel like D&D, and the Forgotten Realms has changed so much it also rarely feels like the realms. It feels a bit disjointed.

8. Have not delved.

9. COMBAT

10. Class balance

Bonus: No ideas
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Shifter,Wilden, Sharmind,Githzerai

2.100% PvE

3. Somewhat important as guilds aren't really a focus of mine but I think they are needed.

4. Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Barbarian, Monk, Druid, Bard, Swordmage,Sorcerer, Runepriest, Avenger, Seeker

5.XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible!

6. Keep BOE right as it is but don't let classes who can not use an item roll need.

7. Heavy PnP D&D and NWN background fitting in very well so far

8. very excited though it desperately needs more tiles, maps and assets like staircases and easier way to make your character follow NPC's and a more functional room and map transition.

9. Foundry and the combat

10. Lack of character and companion customization I want to gear my companions and not have them look like clones and I want to look unique, this isn't the way cryptic does things...also give us the ability to actually sit in chairs in taverns, you pulled it off in STO you can do it here.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Githzerai, Deva, Eladrin, Dragonborn

2. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP & Foundry

3. Not important to me but good notice/communication tools and bigger bank are something that guilds will need.

4. Sorcerer, Warlock, Druid, Bard, Shaman, Swordmage?

5. XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible! But I want more non-group content @ 60

6. New Bound items, some should be BoP, requiring the player to do the content for them.

7. Having played D&D (since v2 (AD&D) and many other PnP & LARP RPGs) over the last 35 years, plus many MuDs, cRPGs, several MMOs, including most of the D&D based ones, I'm hoping that regular updates (and foundry content) will keep me playing and crafting for a while.

8. Bosses!

9. Foundry...

10. Party tool - it sorely needs to require that a party has a Leader, a Defender and a mix of Striker/Controller roles, and when a party is formed they are all 'ported' to the relevant instance etc..
    All dbase calls for the Auction House and Professions are broken, they are innumerate & fail totally at random...

Bonus: Faster response to reports of exploits, rather than panicking once they have gone viral!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ballot:

1. (why isn't kobold on the list?) Dragon born, Shifter, Shardmind, Wilden, Deva
    (between new races and new classes I'm either going to be rerolling a lot or spending a fortune of zen in tower of changes)

2. PVE and foundry

3. Very important, Id love to see customizable bases for meetings, maybe a coalition system like city of heroes, guild achievements, and it would be nice to have an in game guild/coalition forum connected to the guild tab.

4. Ranger, Warlock, Druid, Monk, Bard ,Psion, Paladin, Invoker, Barbarian, Rune Priest, Artificer, Sorcerer

5. 1. 25% of the XP reward currently granted. also id love to see multiple paths to choose to get to 60, to enhance replay.

6. Bound items. Bound items are fine as they keep people from over reselling. however I think things should be account bound rather than character bound. enhancing the Account value keeps people from making multiple accounts. multiple accounts encourages bank alts, Griefing, and other bad behaviors.

7. I have been playing D&D since the mid 90s my husband has been playing far longer. We have been playing mmos since UO also played all of the balder's gate games. I have never played any of the NW games hubby claims he played the original for 10 min and got mad at the UI (would have been the case in this game as well if I had not encouraged him to stick it out till level 10) Fitting in wise what I lack in NW lore I make up for in basic D&D and other mmo experience, Also since 4th ed screwed up most of the NW specific lore. I am no worse off than anyone else.

8. Foundry excites me a lot, ive played other peoples foundries a lot thinking about making my own. but I cant seem to get around to it since its so out side of the game I was in the interface at one point and it confused me. also it seems very linier over all Id love to make a location based plot that can be done in any order with a central hub and multible mini quests. but ive heard once you leave a zone you don't go back to the main zone you just spawn a copy. This has run into bugs before where it didn't remember the books I read back at the beginning.

9. Fashion outfits. I wish: there were more, they were acct bound, they had a bag or were CO costume slots. bank full.

10. UI is frustrating the way it holds my mouse captive when I move I can not click powers with my mouse I HAVE to use keyboard. the fact I cant scroll in during combat or RP the fact I cant take good closeup action screenshots. and the close up shots have the stupid Neverwinter logo blocking stuff. I DO NOT mind having to aim the screen crosshairs. I AM NOT looking for tab targeting. but id love to turn OFF mouse move. let me swivel my camera via keys. let us keep chat up in observe mode. I've had at least 5 friends want to quit in first 10 min due to this. if I can get them to stay till level 10 they seem fine.(if I was asked bout top 3 lack of customizability and that everything is char bound)

Bonus: you need to increase account value. typically people fear being banned from a game because they have an account all their character that they invested time and money into. most people don't even buy bank slots or extra characters because they just make 10+ free accounts. All services and non consumable cash items should have 2 prices single char and account bound. the account bound items about 2x the price of single char. also account banks would be good we want people to see their account as convenient enough to buy more char slots more bank space. if people are afraid to LOSE their account they wont exploit or grief as much.
  • stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Minotaur, Goliath, Shardmind, Genasi

2. 75% PvE 25% Foundry

3. Guild Size is a foreseeable issue for my guild. I would also like a revisit on guild storage due to the high costs of opening a new tab in the guild bank.

4. Warlock, Paladin(Blackguard), Runepriest, Avenger, Monk, Swordmage, Warden, Barbarian, Artificer, Warlord, Ardent, Bard

5. 25% of the current xp reward. I would like to enjoy this game and have a feeling of actually investing something other than just money.

6. Bound items NEED to be put into the game to combat greedy players. Currently, players are running dungeons and needing on the loot to post for AD and thus stealing from people who would use the item. By making more bind on pickup items, you eliminate this source of AD and allow people who actually can use the item a better chance at getting said item.

7. I started DnD with 4e pnp. I've played homebrew, encounters, and pre-4e games on pnp. I find PWE's NWO to be a good action rpg translated from 4e rules. I do miss my alignment play though and find myself wanting to play pnp more often than NWO because of that.

8. I've fiddled with it, but I'm suffering from writer's block right now.

9. I would have a favorite feature if they were more well rounded. Queues group all DD's, groups boot GWF because CW can toss enemies off ledges, Bank slots are nice but too few to start out with and no account bank. Everything is good, but nothing is great and some are insulting.

10. I have already become discontented that NWO has yet to leverage its promise and lowered my playtime because of the issues surrounding class balance and utility in dungeons, such as certain classes(GWF,GF) being bypassed for ones that can knock enemies over ledges.

Bonus: I can live with a handful of players cheating because I know at some point they will get what they deserve. What I cannot deal with is a broken/half implemented classes. GWF and GF are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
  • tzeythtzeyth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Eladrin, Yuan-ti (still in 4E?) Aasimar, Genasi, Duergar

2. 75% PVE, 10% PVP (until my new char is max lvl), 15% Foundry

3. I'd like to see Guild vs Guild pvp, Guild Halls and such

4. Warlock, Invoker, Ranger, Bard, Psionist, Swordmage, Druid, Monk, Barbarian, Shaman, Warlord, Warden

5. Pretty much IDC for me.

6. It's pretty good now.

7. Background mostly with old CRPG classics, such as Baldur's Gate 1&2, Neverwinter Nights 1&2 etc.
    I have to get used to with NWO, it's quite different when compared to those classics. Some changes in the game mechanics aren't so familiar for me, especially when D&D 4th is quite unknown for me. Most of all, I feel character creation is bit too limited, as you can't choose any evil deities etc. Mostly though I miss prestige classes (or are they called Paragon Paths nowadays?), but as far as I know, that is going to change in time. Another thing I miss is alignement system, but after all I can see myself fitting to this game very well.

8. /

9. Potential to be best MMO of 2013 (if not best MMO of 2010's), along with having so many elements from D&D.

10. Lack of endgame content is my worst fear. I'm longing for great endgame PVE (and why not PVP too) content, which was best part of many MMO's I used to play. Raids and hard mode dungeons, which actually took some time and required good attitude, group and skills. If NWO ever gets good raids along with more classes, races and paragon paths, I'm definitely in.
    P.S Don't screw the micropayment system. Do not make this Pay-To-Win (or make an optional monthly subscription).

Bonus: I have to agree you should make accounts more valuable. Scammers, spammers and such have been so familiar in MMO-scene that I don't really care anymore. Same with exploiters (as long as you do something to exploiters, for their crimes).
  • ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome. Any indication that what we write will actually be taken into account though? :o I'd love to believe the community's voice would be heard.

1. Eladrin, gnomes, shifter, minotaur, dragonborn

2. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE

3. Some type of guild wars would be fun, like Ragnarok Online's War of Emperium;http://irowiki.org/wiki/War_of_Emperium

4. Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, Shaman, Monk, Warlock, Paladin, Swordmage

5. I haven't had a problem with XP, I didn't realize it was a community concern.

6. <3 BoP but make it where people can only need things they can use. Some BoEs mixed in for alts isn't a bad thing either.

7. No PnP background. I was seven when the first Baldur's Gate game came out, and that's what got me interested in the world. Both my parents played pnp D&D, and I grew up reading a lot of the novels (aka childhood exposure).. but I fit in as an MMO veteran. =)

8. I haven't had much of a chance to play around with the feature yet, but I am very impressed with what I've seen.

9. Great work on the combat system and doing something outside of the normal cookie cutter MMO style.

10. There just really isn't a lot going on for pvp. (I'm going over a sentence, I'm sorry! I gotta elaborate on what I'd suggest!) I'd like to see titles, achievements, more gear, and more general incentives added in.

Bonus: I'm not sure. Since the game is F2P, there's not the same level of account investment. Just one of the drawbacks, I imagine.

You know what else would be cool! If we could list what server we're on over on the left under our avatar. :o And maybe a space for our handle. All that could go in the sig of course, but it'd still be cool.

sorry sorry
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    1. Githzerai, Gnome, Deva, Eladrin, Minotaur

2. 75 % pvp, 20 % foundry, 5 % pve

3. Unimportant.

4. Bard, Sorcerer, Druid, Psion, Artificer

5. 25% of the xp reward currently granted

6. Bound items in. It works well.

7. Do you have a pnp D&D background? Yes. Neverwinter is nothing like a D&D experience with friends, in a bad way. Neverwinter feels so bland and soulless.

8. The foundry has great potential, but it needs many more features. Secret doors, puzzles, vendors, boss fights, monster designer, multiplayer, moving parts etc. And of course bug fixes!

9. The foundry.

10. Character builds are too limited and basic, nursery D&D style.

Bonus: I don't cheat, and I think it takes one to catch one.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1:shifter, minotaur,wilden,sharmind

2: 75% pve 25% pvp, foundry seems to attract a lot of bland story driven rubbish, with a lack of action I pop in on it, once in a blue moon.

3: I have no current comment on this, I'm not a guild leader and don't belong to a guild.

4: Paladin, Warlock, Shaman, Druid

5: EXP is fine.

6:
    Less open to griefing.
    Removes the most toxic and tension building aspects of grouping. The loot.
    Would have made sure that exploiters couldn't have flooded the markets with gear...

7: no

8: Haven't tested it out, may do later on, when I'm feeling inspired.

9: The classes, they're rough, they're buggy but I like where they're at.

10: "MONETIZATION" lol didn't have to ask.
  • ifiasko1ifiasko1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Eladrin, Goliath, Shifter & Minotaur

2. 70% PVE, 30% PVP

3. No Strong Opinion

4. Ranger, Monk, Barbarian, Invoker, Druid, Warden, Shaman, Warlock, Avenger, Runepriest, Seeker & Paladin

5. 75% of Current, i seem to level rather quickly but at the same time i dont want too much of a grind

6. No Opinion

7. No Background, im new to this

8. I have had a look, nothing really created, only dabbled but it looks good to me

9. Personally i like the UI, its different from what i've played before and im finding it simple and enjoyable

10. There are far too many different currency items that i think its beyond ridiculous, over complication for the sake of it

Bonus: There,s always going to be cheaters, exploiters etc, not much i think you can do except fix the exploits/bugs when they,re reported and keep banning anyone caught.