test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Delves - Does anyone else feel this way?

stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I find my self neglecting my normal day to day just to run dungeons during the Delves...

The one in the morning, I am at work
The one in the afternoon, is dinner time for most that live on the east coast.
The one at night is pushing it if I have to work the next day.

If I don't do them during DD I probably won't ever see another set piece.

My guildmates complain that it during their normal dinner time as well.

What is up with this. There are a lot of other options besides FORCING players to run dungeons at specific times.

If you don't think we are being FORCED, then you are;
a) really lucky with getting the items you want
b) You don't run enough dungeons ( At max level ) To know what I am talking about.
c) have no real world responsibilities and can play when every you want.

Please provide your thoughts. I need to know if anyone else thinks it should be changed and we need to make some noise about it.
Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
Post edited by stratxzz on

Comments

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I don't even bother with them. I just do skirmishes, foundrys, and pvp.
  • stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't even bother with them. I just do skirmishes, foundrys, and pvp.

We are playing this game for different reasons.
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stratxzz wrote: »
    We are playing this game for different reasons.

Every time I TRY to do a dungeon, more than half the time, at least one person bugs out, and cant join, and cant leave. Even happened to me, where I joined the group but didn't join the dungeon and was stuck in town, and couldn't leave the group. So I would LOVE to do dungeons if they worked, they don't. Which is why I don't bother. So no, we are not playing for different reasons.
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013

Very beneficial, thank you for the intelligent response.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The timers for the events need to overlap and in some cases be longer.

Dungeon delves should be two hours (allow it to overlap with other events)

I dont understand why it has to be, one event ends, another one starts. Why cant it be, one event starts, a little later, another event starts and now two events are running at the same time?

How is giving players more flexibility and choice a bad thing?
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is the dungeon delve random during the day? I haven't seen any kind of schedual.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they dont extend/overlap because this loot is preciues(pretty obviuesly) people are already entering dungeons at last 5min to get another delve run in. (like a few easy runs, then a big hard run at last 5 min)

u can press K and see a listing at the bottom for event mrvuk (i think delves are 6/7 hour appart depending on down times etc this can change)
    I think the timing was different for it btw earlier, but because of some patches etc they have gone up an hour every time ore so(no clue why tbh)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • nongnetnongnet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you complain ? Try to play this game as east side time. Maintenance usually be in my prime time ( during the day ). Don't even talk about DD.
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dungeon delve changes everyday. like there might be a delve at 4 pm, the next day it would be 5 or 6pm. but yes as said above they are like 6 or 7 hours apart. you just are having a bad cycle luck.

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Every time I TRY to do a dungeon, more than half the time, at least one person bugs out, and cant join, and cant leave. Even happened to me, where I joined the group but didn't join the dungeon and was stuck in town, and couldn't leave the group. So I would LOVE to do dungeons if they worked, they don't. Which is why I don't bother. So no, we are not playing for different reasons.

Easy fix, if this happens just relog. You will still be in the party but have a button at the top of the screen that says - "Return to instance", click it to get ported the dungeon. So if you have a partymember saying they didnt port in, just tell them to do this.

And if you cant quit the group, just right click to leave and relog. Will most of the time make you leave the group when you have logged in. If you havent left the group after relog, you can most of the time leave it after the relog.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I've got a completely screwed up sleeping pattern now, due to Dungeon Delves. I hate and love DD in many ways...

They should have never released Dungeon Delves. It's addicting, keeps players coming back to the game, and allows casual players to be geared up in no time. So it's a good idea on Cryptic's part, but it's bad for the game in the long run. DD has made getting the best gear in Neverwinter too easy. Also, a large portion of the population have figured out many ways to exploit and farm the chest.

If Dungeon Delves was never in the game, good gear would be much tougher to obtain. Players would have to grind dungeons a lot more to get the gear they want. The AH wouldn't be flooded with so much gear. Thus, everyone would have to play the game more to get geared up, extending the life of the game. As of now, the hardcore players are already bored because of the lack of content and the fact that getting all the gear they want is too easy.

It's not even worth doing dungeon runs if there's no DD going. Most people log off as soon as DD ends. The game needs to give us more incentives to stay logged on after DD ends. The other bonus time slots are a joke compared to what you get during DD.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main issue I see is that, according to your signature, you have 3 level 60s and a level 18. I'm sure the 18 is probably a 60 by now as well. You should go outside to see the sun once in awhile.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to see something like a daily Delve's token that you can use during a dungeon run any time of the day.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • supermassivefailsupermassivefail Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Would be nice to see something like a daily Delve's token that you can use during a dungeon run any time of the day.

I like this idea.

Some people might be upset about it though, cause with a very good group you can get 3 runs in during one DD session.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just another gimmick that makes things worse, just like the loot being thrown around and in inaccessible places.

It should be from 5pm - 10pm.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »

This....

If your group fails and the final boss isn't killed / chest opened then your token isn't consumed.

Simples.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just another gimmick that makes things worse, just like the loot being thrown around and in inaccessible places.

It should be from 5pm - 10pm.

really ? 5pm to 10 pm? PST? or EST or GMT? Hopefully you see the problem with a set time now :) That does not even take into account people that say work a second or third shift have night classes or perhaps come home and want to spend some time with their children before they log in. Perhaps, for all of these reasons they have choose to have it on a random schedule.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c

• kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work nights, EST, so anything that happens during the day is inconvenient for me. I demand everything be rearranged to accommodate me in the future.
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys will whine about anything.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stratxzz wrote: »
    So I find my self neglecting my normal day to day just to run dungeons during the Delves...

The one in the morning, I am at work
    The one in the afternoon, is dinner time for most that live on the east coast.
    The one at night is pushing it if I have to work the next day.

If I don't do them during DD I probably won't ever see another set piece.

My guildmates complain that it during their normal dinner time as well.

What is up with this. There are a lot of other options besides FORCING players to run dungeons at specific times.

If you don't think we are being FORCED, then you are;
    a) really lucky with getting the items you want
    b) You don't run enough dungeons ( At max level ) To know what I am talking about.
    c) have no real world responsibilities and can play when every you want.

Please provide your thoughts. I need to know if anyone else thinks it should be changed and we need to make some noise about it.

I for once do not care for DD. I play it when I can ofcourse (although the times are usually god awful for EU) but I don't really need it..I find the chest set pieces pretty bad for any class.I only have 2 for my gear so far and I'm aiming for the higher Tier set that drops from bosses so I don't really care about the chest. I also have to note that during DD the queues are screwed up.I know that this doesn't concerns you ,since you appear to be doing guild runs, but most people that are randomly queue in a DD event are ending up in a party with 4 rogues or some other nab class that is currently considered cool in the NW's oblivious universe. The best runs are with groups outside of DD time line. Trust me, there you will find out that castle never can be done with a party of one class per member (ye one healer and one CW who would have THOUGHT) as well as that the GF and GWF classes are ridiculously useful ..
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If all you want is to do is acquire gear then you should know that it is faster to get the gear from the auction house than to get the gear from actually running dungeons yourself.
    (Of course, you do have to know how to earn astral diamonds)
  • dalriondalrion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    If all you want is to do is acquire gear then you should know that it is faster to get the gear from the auction house than to get the gear from actually running dungeons yourself.
    (Of course, you do have to know how to earn astral diamonds)

What else we shoud whant in game then obtain gear? :-D I dont see point in your ,,advice" Buy all gear in one day and then? Start new character or what?

There is no reason why to go dungeons without DD. And personaly for me there is no reason to be in game at all withou DD. I do not like to be forced to play game in certain time.
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree this delv system is horrible and the times coudln't be more annoying to combine with RL.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The bonus periods switch up from day to day. Only advice you're going to get is to plan for it or make the time. But I agree that a two hour Dungeon Delve Event may be more benficial to some, but will also be farmed out the *** by others. There are alot of people who play this game 10 hours a day or more, i'm sure.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    This is to encourage players to partake in certain activities which they might not normally take part in. An incentive for doing things they either find enjoyable or unenjoyable.

When the DD event is up people are more likely to play dungeons just as people are more likely to do Foundry Content during the Foundry event. The fact you are feeling "forced" to partake in Dungeon Delves means the system is working in some way.

You of course shouldn't be making Dungeon Delves your priority but if you happen to be on during the event it exists to encourage players to queue up when they might otherwise be unsure of which activity they would like the take part in or to encourage players to join in activities which might otherwise not be heavily played.
  • nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    This is to encourage players to partake in certain activities which they might not normally take part in. An incentive for doing things they either find enjoyable or unenjoyable.

When the DD event is up people are more likely to play dungeons just as people are more likely to do Foundry Content during the Foundry event. The fact you are feeling "forced" to partake in Dungeon Delves means the system is working in some way.

You of course shouldn't be making Dungeon Delves your priority but if you happen to be on during the event it exists to encourage players to queue up when they might otherwise be unsure of which activity they would like the take part in or to encourage players to join in activities which might otherwise not be heavily played.

Obvious topic point<

Head<
  • dalriondalrion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013

But dungeons are something what will be always heavily played. It is only way how to obtain PVE gear (You can buy it in AH, but still someone has to drop it in dungeon first). I do not see reason why to force people to play dungeons in certain time. There will always be enough people for it if nothing like DD will exist and chest would be there always. Events for things which are not rewarding enough like foundry or skirmishes needs it but not dungeons. Actualy dungeons become unrewarding without DD. Lot of people want to go dungeons and have full enjoyment from in when they want and no when there is DD.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Yes dungeons will always be played but it gets more people to queue up during that time period which essencially results in shorter queues as well as reinforcing a goal for the players.

It's a way to get people interested in doing something.

It kind of falls into the JCPenny Effect involving sales. You might enjoy dungeon delves but when you see the event you and many other people purposely go out of your way to take part in it. If the rewards were static 100% of the time you would enjoy it but you wouldn't get interested in doing it.

After a while it actually might feel like a grind but while the event is up it should feel mentally different than simply grinding for gear. ;)

With the event up it gives an additional incentive to do various activities.