test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You can't trade AD right? Then why are the bots spamming?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to know. If there is no in-game way to trade AD (aside from using the AH which isn't exactly "trading") then why all the spam?
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Hey. If you give me 5g I'll spend 50k AD on one of your junk items in the AH"
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is epic, shame the spamming conversations from some NPC's ruin it. I can't stand still for 30 sec without hearing the same sentence 3 times. Thank god for mute buttons.
  • blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else?
  • gishankgishank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The vast majority of goldsellers are scammers anyway, there will always be gullible people whom fall for it. Honestly, if you see them just "Report Spam/Ignore" them.
    69ngc6.png
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a clever way for PW to not allow gold sellers. Though it's extremely difficult for the players. Especially when the auction house is down all week and there is no way to make AD.

Either way, every game there is a way to buy gold. So in a sense every game is p2w.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AD sellers request people to put up a item for very high. like a potion for 1 million. that's usually how they do it. which really isn't all that wise. almost too easy to track.

• panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to know. If there is no in-game way to trade AD (aside from using the AH which isn't exactly "trading") then why all the spam?

its very simple most of the ppl in chat trying to buy or sell r usually trying to find someone who doesn't know the value of things if they're selling they're charging too much if they're buying offering too little
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    id like to know why they want gold so bad its basically worthless theres like a handfull of things you can spend it on lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    id like to know why they want gold so bad its basically worthless theres like a handfull of things you can spend it on lol

At level 60 when you get deeper into the T2 content, you start needing more potions and injury kits, while at the same time you make less gold than you did while you were leveling (you also don't find as many Greater ID Scrolls as you need to ID and sell dungeon greens). Plus, the costs for the green crafting materials add up to rather substantial amounts.

This is why players offer purple items for gold often.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    At level 60 when you get deeper into the T2 content, you start needing more potions and injury kits, while at the same time you make less gold than you did while you were leveling (you also don't find as many Greater ID Scrolls as you need to ID and sell dungeon greens). Plus, the costs for the green crafting materials add up to rather substantial amounts.

Is there a way to buy Greater Scrolls of Identification with *gold*?
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, there isn't any way to trade AD? Granted I've never actually tested..
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morlizer wrote: »
    The game is epic, shame the spamming conversations from some NPC's ruin it. I can't stand still for 30 sec without hearing the same sentence 3 times. Thank god for mute buttons.

Spend your Astral Diamond here for Wondrous Items!
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    i'm more concerned there is no way to trade account bound items between characters.

usually, account bound means that its a event reward and that every char on your account will get their own personal item of it, atleast if they were created by the time it was given out. it is not supposed to be tradable.

edited May 2013
    I agree that its a horrible feature but I have found that all account bound stuff are received on all chars. while char bound is specific to what that char does. Very misleading and useless.

• naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cireous04 wrote: »

Yes,
    Two ways.
    1. You can initiate a Player to Player ingame trade. One party offers the Scrolls, the other offers gold (copper/silver/gold currency).
    2. You can buy the scrolls by paying with Astral Diamonds at the Wondrous Bazaar (use the top-centre toolbar)

However, you cannot buy the scrolls directly on the vendor market with gold.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No, you can't. What I meant is that you get plenty of green drops while you crawl dungeons and if you could ID them all, it would off-set the expenses for potions and kits.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013

The only way I have found to get greater scrolls is to do foundry quests at 60. you can get a few per run. you can also get them from packs like the level 60 hero pack.

• gamertechaugamertechau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plenty of gold spammers hanging around the market area all day, not only that but I received 3 spam mail messages from the same bot while I was logged off. So they are spamming using the mail as well...
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's a scam. They are trying to fish for your information to steal your account. The players who don't realize you can't trade AD will be the ones gullible to think they can buy AD outside the game and will get their accounts stolen.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    usually, account bound means that its a event reward and that every char on your account will get their own personal item of it, atleast if they were created by the time it was given out. it is not supposed to be tradable.

Actually you can have an account bank to trade account bound items to your own characters in STO.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

No actually you shouldn't be IDing greens at all. It's a waste of an ID scroll. Crafting costs I will agree with you on. Also, there is a much easier and way less time consuming way to buy gold. Just blow 125 zen ($1.25) on an Enchanted Key and sell it in chat for 25-30 gold. You can also low ball 20-22 gold for a key and flip it for a profit sometimes. Works like a charm!
    edited May 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    No actually you shouldn't be IDing greens at all. It's a waste of an ID scroll. Crafting costs I will agree with you on. Also, there is a much easier and way less time consuming way to buy gold. Just blow 125 zen ($1.25) on an Enchanted Key and sell it in chat for 25-30 gold. You can also low ball 20-22 gold for a key and flip it for a profit sometimes. Works like a charm!

I have to agree on this. there are some blue unidentified items in 60, though they are a lot more rare than the green ones. Do not identify all those easy to get green items. and yes as of right now gold is easy to get if you sell stuff like keys.