test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Importance of Memorial Day 2013 - Our Tribute to the Fallen Heroes.

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
The Tyrs Paladium Guild would like to share this thread with our veterans, their families and friends, and the entire Neverwinter community.

5771162955_b2d79e2273_z.jpg

The Annual Luminaria Tribute, Fredericksburg, Virginia. Honoring the Fallen

Memorial Day 2013: "Honoring the Fallen"

--**--

Staff Sgt. Romesha received the Medal of Honor in 2013 for his courageous actions while serving as a Section Leader with Bravo Troop, 3d Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division during combat operations against an armed enemy at Combat Outpost Keating, Kamdesh District, Nuristan Province, Afghanistan on October 3, 2009.

A Tribute Video to Staff Sgt. Romesha

--**--

A powerful and beautiful video I produced for a previous Memorial Day multi-server event in DDO.

Canadian physician and
Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae is popularly believed to have written it on 3 May 1915, after he witnessed the death of his friend, Lieutenant Alexis Helmer, 22 years old, the day before. The poem was first published on 8 December of that year in the London-based magazine Punch.

In Flanders Field

--**--

My good friend and US Marine veteran (and DDO's very own) Bekki's unforgettable performance of the POW*MIA Remembrance Table ceremony. It's a must listen folks.

POW*MIA ceremony

--**--

Why have we made our Veteran's Day and Memorial Day tributes public? I'll let Dad answer that one.

Dad's letter reminder of importance of Memorial Day

On this Memorial Day, to feel the full effects of the sacrifices our soldiers have made for us, I ask all of you to take just one moment to silently gaze upon the graves in your local cemetery. Each one of those small American Flags (or flag from whatever free nation you are from) represents not only that person
’s service to the military, but also their service to each and every one of us. They gave all they had to give, and we owe our freedom, our happiness, and our lives in gratitude.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• nebularosenebularose Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adam.jpg

A couple years ago, we got news that my brother, Adam Olin Smith, was killed in a helicopter accident over in Afghanistan. Shortly after that, I gave birth to a baby boy and named him Olin to honor my brother. It makes me sad that Olin will never get to meet his uncle, but he'll have plenty of people around to tell him how great Adam was.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nebularose wrote: »
    Adam.jpg

A couple years ago, we got news that my brother, Adam Olin Smith, was killed in a helicopter accident over in Afghanistan. Shortly after that, I gave birth to a baby boy and named him Olin to honor my brother. It makes me sad that Olin will never get to meet his uncle, but he'll have plenty of people around to tell him how great Adam was.

/moment of silence

Adam and the Smith family will be in my prayers, and will mention him in our tribute this Monday.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • nebularosenebularose Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /moment of silence

Adam and the Smith family will be in my prayers, and will mention him in our tribute this Monday.

Thank you. ^_^
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great post thanks for putting the time into this.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!