test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1 skill that completely ruins PvP and PvE...

honour386honour386 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Astral Shield...get rid of that **** already.
Post edited by honour386 on

Comments

• kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Let me clue you in, have someone do a knockback and then have the rogue DPS them down in 2 seconds... AS didn't help my cleric for anything. Even PVP'ers go get the cleric its easy prey. Clerics in cryptics vision became the worst class in a MMO, they basically became a mage squishy that can barely heal and cant DPS for snot and ticks off all mobs and has to constantly down POTS just to live through an encounter. Oh yes AS is nice for trash mobs, try and lay it down for bos with adds and you just might be toast. Oh if you try to actually benefit from your own astral shield what happens? Oh yes that's right, the adds just lay down stacks of aoe attacks, which some knock you back and prone out of it.

You do realize AS doesn't cover the entire zone?
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea its useless in pve, and OP in PVP.

Which way to balance it.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not useless in PVE. If you have 2 clerics and stack the astral shields together, your party is basically invincible and does not require GF to tank bosses.
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Partiea didn't require GFs before double shield was widely known either.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, scream for more Astral Shield Nerfs. In addition, nerf Lashing Blade, Nerf Indominatable, whatever the big Guardian Ability is and nerf Arcane Singularity. Don't matter if it's PvP or PvE nerf. Just do it.

But if you nerf Astral Shield, DON'T ASK CLERICS TO HEAL A DUNGEON RUN. It's the only semi decent ability clerics get. Thank you.

-sincerely, a Cleric.
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    Yes, scream for more Astral Shield Nerfs. In addition, nerf Lashing Blade, Nerf Indominatable, whatever the big Guardian Ability is and nerf Arcane Singularity. Don't matter if it's PvP or PvE nerf. Just do it.

But if you nerf Astral Shield, DON'T ASK CLERICS TO HEAL A DUNGEON RUN. It's the only semi decent ability clerics get. Thank you.

-sincerely, a Cleric.

Nah, don't nerf Astral Shield. Make it so it doesn't stack. Fixed.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Nah, don't nerf Astral Shield. Make it so it doesn't stack. Fixed.

I'm fine with that. But don't nerf it in any other way.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sound like somebody lost in PvP.
    Nothing to see here...
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty ridiculous to ask for a nerf to the only skill that enables clerics to actually heal in pve, well unless your selling potions for a living.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude, use some tactics, usually clerics just hold 1 point together with 2-3 of his team mates, get, #3 which forces some to back up and retake it, stomp the cleric get #2, rinse and repeat, even better if they have 2, which means they have 2 less dps people (if you disable 1 of those, your 4 team mates can surely faceroll the opposition). Check this out, I didn't have so much points but am the top killer, got no pts because I'm a roamer killing anyone btw pt #1 and #2 with some capping and killing on #3 when #2 isnt ours which is the case most of the time bec of 2 priests. Notice how low their kills are- it's because they only have 3 people who do damage, if i cut 1 off, my remaining 4 team mates can have no problems killing those 2 quick, then focusing down the cleric.

faceroll.jpg

w/o AS i can cheese clerics with 2 skills. I usually go cheese when opponent has clerics which enables me to take it down so my team can easily kill the opposition (they have no support with him dead and 1 less dps slot bec of having the cleric). If it's a tough tanker cleric I go full stun to completely disable him. Also helped that we had a good cw, he stole lots of last hits from me i must say, with that giant falling ice thing. XD
    edited May 2013
    ^ Astral shield stacking don't matter in PVP since it's a team game. Astral shield stacking is broken in PVE and you know it.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has always had trouble dealing with stacking buffs...

This is definitely an ability that doesn't need to stack.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed with the OP.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!