Install Arc

$40.00 for a mount?

13»

Comments

• penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^

doesn't need some bashing either

anyway, if you do some grind you can sell items for AD then buy zen for the mount :D
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game company has always been about the fast cash grab. I never spend a dime on their games. I'll play to the limits of Free but after that it's just a rip off.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a big deal, but TBH I would prefer if they made it so all mounts were 50% speed, cut the costs of the special mounts in half (so it's cosmetic only), then make it so each character has a certain rank of Mount Training that can be leveled up which costs diamonds or something, and would make all mounts on that character go up in speed.

Would be much better progression and would probably make them more money in the long run.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    ^

doesn't need some bashing either

anyway, if you do some grind you can sell items for AD then buy zen for the mount :D

Yep it's how I did it for my NMI mount...didn't take that long and they are way cheaper than they were on the AH.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is you can play the game the same without a mount.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully the 1,2 and 3 hundred quid mounts will be added soon.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Are you saying you pay the $40 once, and each character you make gets that mount, or are you saying you can mail the single mount you bought to a character for that character to use and just keep mailing it any time you want to use it on another character?

Every character gets a copy of the mount. You just have to claim it from the shop for them. $40 is kind of high. But since every character you make gets the mount, its not to bad. (imo)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... The biggest issue with mounts is the AD cost to upgrade the lower tier ones. Given the current exchange rate it costs about 3 times as much (in AD) to fully upgrade a rank 1 mount than it does to just buy a $40 rank 3 one from the shop. If they changed the upgrade cost to something reasonable then the people buying the Zen mounts would be mostly paying for appearance.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    People are more than happy to spend money on a game they enjoy but only if the price is right and as it stands, the price is not right.

I feel they'd make more players happier if they split the prices. It's not a guarantee that they'll make similar profits but cheaper prices allow more people the freedom to spend money (not everyone has $40 to spend on a mount). Happier customers are also more likely to recommend the product and services to their friends, which means even more money and happier customers.

The problem is that companies like Perfect World think too much on the short-term rather than the long-term. Making a quick buck is great but not necessarily at the expense of your game. The reason many F2P games end up failing is not just because their game lacks substance but also because they can no longer afford to sustain themselves. Expensive cash shops work great shot-term but not necessarily long-term, which is a goal you should be aspiring to.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find pricing makes rare mounts rare. The Heavy Howler should only be used by a few players not see them everywhere. They are from another plane of existence so the method to capture and train them should be more difficult than any Horse. If I saw them everywhere instead of the odd one here and there, then it would not be as impressive as it currently is. While I don't have a problem with a ton of horses around. If the Heavy Howler was only worth $10, then it would lose some of its appeal.
  • pushiiitpushiiit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything in the cash shop should be free otherwise I won't buy it. I hope PWE listens to my complaints and adjusts their prices accordingly.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pushiiit wrote: »
    Everything in the cash shop should be free otherwise I won't buy it. I hope PWE listens to my complaints and adjusts their prices accordingly.

Nice strawman.
  • pushiiitpushiiit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Nice strawman.

It is isn't it?

What else can the response be? For $30 you can buy the fastest mount in the game and it can be used on every character you create on your account (potentially 50 characters). That seems like a pretty good deal to me.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Pay 60 bucks get the founder pack , it includes an account wide wolf companion .

and a blue account wide mount
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"