test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The report as spam is broken and it was a bad idea

creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The report as spam isn't working because people troll and abuse it.... It doesn't stop gold spammers cause they just go make another account it just mutes and silences people who are trying to trade , its a stupid system , it shouldn't of ever been implemented it lets trolls ruin peoples gaming experience for the day...... If you don't want to hear people trade go to the Chat options and get out of Zone Chat , problem solved....

THIS IS SPAM
THIS IS SPAM
THIS IS SPAM
THIS IS SPAM

THIS ISN'T SPAM

.....5 Minutes later .....

THIS ISN'T SPAM
Post edited by creedgaming on

Comments

• clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Official developer response from Cryptic's previous two games:

Chat is functioning as intended and cannot be altered without reworking all of Cryptic's titles.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Official developer response from Cryptic's previous two games:

Chat is functioning as intended and cannot be altered without reworking all of Cryptic's titles.

Guess i need to make a ton of level 15 characters so I can trade all day long then?

They were unaware it was happening from the Community manager so my guess is it will get fixed...
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or just you know ignore people you don't want to here ( see ) in chat which by the way happens automatically when you report spam. Also I'm not sure if this is an option ( though it's standard in all mmos for the most part ) but it may be worth looking into creating an actual trade channel rather than treading in zone chat, mainly because /z is so congested 100 percent of the time.

And if they didn't add the option create custom channels it needs to be implemented like right ****ing now hahahaha
  • nauonenauone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could use the Auction house like a normal human. its kind of why its there.
    edited May 2013
    You must not be a level 60, or even use the auction house for that matter, Ad isn't that hard to come by and that's all the Ah is capable of putting out, so if you want to trade for gold or a different item the only way to do it is through chat, and as for being normal and using the ah i got news for you, trading in game is part of the game get used to it
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    nauone wrote: »
    Could use the Auction house like a normal human. its kind of why its there.

Except were trading with Gold , and the AH is AD only....
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zone chat trades are 99% scammers.

Avoid at all costs.

PS. If you are like me, you disabled Zone chat the second you started playing, and still have it disabled to this date.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why pay people to police chat when you can charge people to police chat?

Too bad it gets used as a grief tool. Im surprised someone didnt think before implementing this that all it would take to grief someone is to put a message in guild chat to flag (insert name here) as spam because of some petty disagreement they had with the subject on the internet.
    edited May 2013
    That happens in every mmo this is nothing new
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    Or just you know ignore people you don't want to here ( see ) in chat which by the way happens automatically when you report spam. Also I'm not sure if this is an option ( though it's standard in all mmos for the most part ) but it may be worth looking into creating an actual trade channel rather than treading in zone chat, mainly because /z is so congested 100 percent of the time.

And if they didn't add the option create custom channels it needs to be implemented like right ****ing now hahahaha

There are established and even advertised custom channels out there... Check my Custom Channel Guide thread or foundry quest for more information...
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    There are established and even advertised custom channels out there... Check my Custom Channel Guide thread or foundry quest for more information...

Okay sweet ty for the info I wasn't sure hadn't looked into, see so right here problem solved setup a new custom channel or advertise the ones already in place so we can start migrating from the zone chat to clear up some of that congestion
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /channel_create NWO-<shard>-Trade
    And try to get ppl to use it... easier said than done of course...

(You'd want to name it like that since the custom channels are cross-game / shard apparently...)

edit - Go with morbic since they're already established...
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They were unaware it was happening from the Community manager so my guess is it will get fixed...

Please. They were not unaware of it, it's been this way since Champions Online was launched in 2009. That's FOUR YEARS this chat has functioned the EXACT. SAME. WAY. In Champions Online, then Star Trek Online, and now Neverwinter.

And you want to hear something REALLY oddball? If you get silenced in one of those games, guess what. Yup, you're banned from chatting in ALL THREE. Because they all share the same Cryptic engine and chat system. Any global channel that is made can be "heard" in all three games by the members of the channel.

So, yes. Working as intended, according to Cryptic developers. Won't change soon, because it's too much work(paraphrased quote from Champions Online "ask a dev" thread).

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.