test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level scaling in PVP does NOT work and is bugged(pics inside)

myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Here are my stats at level 54:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level%2054.jpg

Here are my stats after joining and being scaled "up" to level 59:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level59.jpg

These are my stats at level58 being scaled up to level59: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level58.png That's less than I did at level 39.

Here's what my stats are at level 59, scaled to level59(so no scaling at all):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level59.png

Check the tooltip damage on ice knife, and my levels. Why is my damage lowered by being scaled up 5 levels? The level scaling in PVP does not work properly at all, you actually lose stats. This is incredibly game breaking and frustrating, you basically cannot PVP in such a gimped state. You do almost no damage, and die in ~5 seconds. Once you get x9 you actually do good damage and don't die very fast and can have fun in PVP.

Please fix this Cryptic, is it a known bug?

edit: Links fixed.
Post edited by myaki on

Comments

• djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your links dont work
  • myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Links fixed, oops.
    edited May 2013
    Bump because this is more important than any other topic that's on the front page right now.
  • zanathos666zanathos666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no stats at all, look for yourself on your pics ;)
    edited May 2013
    no stats at all, look for yourself on your pics ;)

Read the tooltip. I am hovering over ice knife, look at the damage difference. My stats are scaled in a way that reduces its damage by up to 2k+ just from level scaling.
  • zanathos666zanathos666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myaki wrote: »
    Read the tooltip. I am hovering over ice knife, look at the damage difference. My stats are scaled in a way that reduces its damage by up to 2k+ just from level scaling.

im not sure how the math for pvp is in this game so i dont know if broken or not.
    but it doesnt matter, if one guy spend 160$ for one uber rune and go to pvp... its broken.
    edited May 2013
    im not sure how the math for pvp is in this game so i dont know if broken or not.
    but it doesnt matter, if one guy spend 160$ for one uber rune and go to pvp... its broken.
    There is no math, the damage tooltips are the same inside and outside when you are x9. When you are not, your stats get completely screwed and don't scale properly.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not surprised the scaler is broken. It was always a broken mess in CO, too.

Long story short - in Alerts (think NW's Skirmishes) you get leveled to 30. The level cap is 40. Level 40 characters lose upwards of FIFTY PERCENT of their damage if they're damaged specced.

Which means that level 30 characters do more damage than they do in said Alerts.
  • thisendsmeowthisendsmeow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has happened to me as well; however, I do not believe it is because of level scaling (completely).

Level 45-48, I dealt literally no damage, thought I was awful, then realized all of my ability tooltips showed ~1/2 their damage when in a battleground. When I hit 49 the tooltips were correct.

The confusing part is now that I have entered battlegrounds at level 50, 51, and 52, my tooltips and damage have been correct. I am not sure if it is just the 40-49 Battleground, but it is incredibly frustrating.
    edited May 2013
    This has happened to me as well; however, I do not believe it is because of level scaling (completely).

Level 45-48, I dealt literally no damage, thought I was awful, then realized all of my ability tooltips showed ~1/2 their damage when in a battleground. When I hit 49 the tooltips were correct.

The confusing part is now that I have entered battlegrounds at level 50, 51, and 52, my tooltips and damage have been correct. I am not sure if it is just the 40-49 Battleground, but it is incredibly frustrating.

It's all, I experienced this throughout my entire journey of leveling 10-60.
  • datassd0tcomdatassd0tcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • mrinhumanemrinhumane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It isn't just damage reduction. If that were the case, the damage from level x9 would be lowered as well. It isn't. The damage at x4 is lowered. The damage at x8 is lowered more. The damage at x9 remains unchanged. It's an issue. Look at the tooltips again from the main post.
  • jharo1jharo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And i was wondering why yesterday in a pvp match, my cleric 49 was only dealing 100_120 dmg ( normally around 400)(150 on crit, normally i deal around 700) with the at-will, or barely 1Kdmg ON CRIT(normally btw 4-5k)! with encounters/daily.
    That sucks.
  • echofatalisechofatalis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same exact thing here . My ice Knife shows <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-5140 damage at lvl 48 . In pvp when i am scaled to 49 it shows 1000 - 2000 . I know for a fact i got 9-10 k crits with my ice knife at lvl 43-44 now at 48 i barely get over 3 k . All the skill tooltips show 1/2 the damage. I lvled to 49 last night and didn't play pvp since maybe it'll repair itself when i try it today .
  • conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys seriously have to take a stats screenshot or something.. just showing the dmg might mean that they scalated your other stats up.. like hp/def/crit chance/w.e
    i usually tend to do more dmg when i was scalated up.. than when i wasnt.. lol
  • dottekkdottekk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I second OP with this statement. I am actually LVL30 TR leveled pure by PVP since LVL10 and I didn't focus on numbers but the fact that once youll get from x8 to x9 lvl you will definitely notice a huge jump in damage and defense. until x9 lvl I was in ballance with other ppl had some pretty 1v1 fights and played some very good games. When I hit 19 and 29 I started to melt everything, everywhere, no matter what happened and how many enemies were here. I had games with end score like 34:0:20 when I focus on killing people (ridiculous and fun for me but I regret others)... Well I actually try to min max my charr, but there is something wrong with autoscalling.

BTW: i think this shoul be posted in bug report forums... Ill try to catch some data on 36 -> 39.
  • eldusterelduster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty damning evidence, as to the future of this game, that this issue STILL hasn't been addressed.

lvls x5 - x8 are a waste of time pvping, your character is flat-out broken until hitting x9 again.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing with STO and CO, Cryptic has still not found a way to scale levels properly.
  • mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been happening to me too since I started pvping. Bump it up because this is something that should have been fixed before open beta.

Side note, the sound byte that plays when I jump is the sound of wolves going "Wrarghh! Warrgh! Wargh!" No idea how that happened.
  • mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've also read that the damage reduction is by design to "balance" lower level players in the tier. If that's true, who ever came up with that idea when they were designing PvP needs to be fired and never allowed to work in game design again.