test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyes

vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Where can you get armour dyes, aside from the Zen store? I'm assuming their available else where as the Zen store is for "convenience."
Post edited by vedrixsorio on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AD vendor carries some, some are drops, or the AH
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trade Bar Vendor sells a Dye Pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice! I'll have to check it out. I went through the AD vendor quickly and didn't notice any, I'll have to check again!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's one Dye Pack that's worth 15 Ardent Coins. It'll at least help you look a little different from everyone else.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • sablelore015sablelore015 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dye packs change only color? if so what do you use to change appearance? I am so tired of looking like everyone else in this game... that is a draw back ... wish there was a tailor like in NWN2 PW's.
    "If your not having fun, Then stop doing it"

"Life is not mandatory, life is what you make it"
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All blue items have a different graphic . Also you can place any graphic over your current item . It will keep the colors of the replacement item . This game is very flexible for a unique look , it just takes some work .
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    This game is very flexible for a unique look , it just takes some work .

That's a laughable statement.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited May 2013
    Dye packs change only color? if so what do you use to change appearance? I am so tired of looking like everyone else in this game... that is a draw back ... wish there was a tailor like in NWN2 PW's.

Right-click on any item and you will see an option that says "change appearance", this allows you to to change the appearance of any item to match the look of a another item that you think looks cool, because doesn't have the stats you want.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am wanting to know, DO dyes actually drop? Has anyone ever got one that wasn't either in a pack or in Zen store or vendors? I have 3 chars and have never had a dye bottle drop yet.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it pointless to dye lower level items? Im tired of my look and would be willing to dye it. But at the rate i change gear it seems a waste. And mapping one items looks over another costs like 30k AD. It makes it real hard to justify being unique. Unless im totally missing something
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never yet seen any dye drops (although I never do Dungeons, so I suppose it could drop there). I broke down and paid zen for some black dye packs for my rogue's Fashion slot gear --- stuff that I will never have to / want to / need to replace with "better quality" gear.

By the by... to edit the appearance of a level 60 piece of gear, it appears to cost like 67,000 astral diamonds whether it's my level 60 arms or level 60 chestguard and the item whose appearance I'm copying doesn't appear to affect the price, JUST the base item whose appearance you are trying to change. I don't know if the change appearance charge is based on the level of the item you want to change or YOUR level... could get a low level item and see if it still costs 67,000 AD to change it's look...
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    That's a laughable statement.

it actually is very flexible with enough coin/ad/zen, my main tr in all black/red (nightmare dye) with a glowing sword in one hand and a black axe in the other gets complimented every day on how I look. changed the appearance of almost every visual and dyed everything.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you use a dyed item as the 'skin', then the thing you are wearing takes on those colors. If you use an undyed item, then the coloration one whatever you are wearing remains. You cannot (from what I've read), use a bound item to reskin something else.

I know I saw dye (basic colors) drop in closed beta, I don't recall if I saw any since open tho. Other folks have said they've seen it but not often at all.

Here's my main, using lower level items (the orc rogue armor) as a skin on my higher level one.

elorcarmor.jpg

Whether it's 'worth it', depends on you.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    If you use a dyed item as the 'skin', then the thing you are wearing takes on those colors. If you use an undyed item, then the coloration one whatever you are wearing remains. You cannot (from what I've read), use a bound item to reskin something else.

I know I saw dye (basic colors) drop in closed beta, I don't recall if I saw any since open tho. Other folks have said they've seen it but not often at all.

Here's my main, using lower level items (the orc rogue armor) as a skin on my higher level one.

elorcarmor.jpg

Whether it's 'worth it', depends on you.

cute, I like the green highlights, you can dye the axes too so you know, at least I could and did on mine.
  • vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Is it pointless to dye lower level items? Im tired of my look and would be willing to dye it. But at the rate i change gear it seems a waste. And mapping one items looks over another costs like 30k AD. It makes it real hard to justify being unique. Unless im totally missing something

Yeah I feel the same way. It's like you look the same as everyone else if you don't get nickel and dimed by PWE. Nickel and dime is an understatement, dyes cost up to $5. Was hoping there was a way around it. yeah you can get them for 30k AD on the auction house (the cheap colours) but you get 1 bottle, where as you get 4 in the Zen store. So that's like $0.90 for one or $2.50 for four.
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    it actually is very flexible with enough coin/ad/zen, my main tr in all black/red (nightmare dye) with a glowing sword in one hand and a black axe in the other gets complimented every day on how I look. changed the appearance of almost every visual and dyed everything.

Yes, if you pay enough money you can dye your clothes. Just like every other modern MMO that comes out, only they don't have you wearing the same armor for 15 levels at a time.