test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Suggestions for Features & Changes

jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The members of my guild put together a list of features and changes we'd like to see in game (dreaming, most likely, but why not?)

This is just ten of them (all that the post would support), but we have a nice list that I'd like to convert to a standalone poll and link. What do you ladies and gents think about the ones listed here? Will post the others when I get the full poll/survey up. ^_^

*ETA:

Full polls located here. One for Foundry creation, one for Game/Foundry play. Please fill them out if you have a moment, so we can send the results to PW/NW sometime soon. You may select as many choices as you wish, on both polls.

Game/Foundry Play: What features/changes would you like to see?
http://poll.pollcode.com/qrkoa

Foundry Creation: What features/changes would you like to see?
http://poll.pollcode.com/u7on9

300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
Post edited by jukejointjezebel on

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Log out to the character selection screen, rather than needing to entirely log back in.

Was mentioned by a Admin that another build of the game currently has this featuring working and there is a /command that allows you do this until it hits live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Removed because it was too darn long. See link below. ^_^
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Your list didnt populate

Got it. Thanks!
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Game/Foundry Play: What features/changes would you like to see? http://poll.pollcode.com/qrkoa

Foundry Creation: What features/changes would you like to see?
    http://poll.pollcode.com/u7on9

Full polls here! ^_^
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one I chose was companion AI, but I dearly want the phone version of the gateway to offer more AH columns - time to expire and buy out price, in particular. As it is now, I can't buy effectively using it. Adding those 2 columns would make me a happy camper.
    edited May 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    The one I chose was companion AI, but I dearly want the phone version of the gateway to offer more AH columns - time to expire and buy out price, in particular. As it is now, I can't buy effectively using it. Adding those 2 columns would make me a happy camper.

You can select multiple options. ^_^ And there are fuller polls here:
    Game/Foundry Play: http://poll.pollcode.com/qrkoa

Foundry Creation:http://poll.pollcode.com/u7on9

(we're going to send it off to NW/PW in a week or so. ^_^.)

The phone version of the gateway is definitely lacking. Heck, the standard gateway could stand for some improvement, but it's really difficult to make a proper go of AH sales from the phone.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Additional suggestion. The ability to delete your own forum posts. @_@
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I posted a cpomment on the "fuller poll". However, I think that some of the issues are going to be addressed as soon as the devs can get to them and/or more content is brought online. Still it's good to keep reminding them of improvments or fixes.
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I posted a cpomment on the "fuller poll". However, I think that some of the issues are going to be addressed as soon as the devs can get to them and/or more content is brought online. Still it's good to keep reminding them of improvments or fixes.

I've no doubt that you're right. We already had some of those in there before the SotG was posted, so I just left them in. As you said, and extra reminder can't hurt!

Ah! That's a good suggestion! Maybe I'll just leave this as is, then split the "full" poll into two. Thanks!
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just FYI - IIRC, you can close the current foundry project and open a new one without logging in and out. It's under the File Menu, like in something like Microsoft Word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is the ' make Lizardman a playable race ' option ? Since this is all the game needs to be the best game ever !
    edited May 2013
    Polls fixed.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I didn't realize that. Poll changed to reflect that information.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Id like to see changes that make it so players cant grief other players. The big 3 I see right now that should be changed are:

1. Take away the ability to kick player from a party when in a dungeon or PVP.

2. Do away with automated chat ban. People can basically have you banned by telling everyone in their guild to flag you as spam.

3. Change N/G loot system to where every one gets a chest pull and no one else can see anyone elses loot.
  • mychylmychyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Take away the ability to kick player from a party when in a dungeon or PVP.

I disagree with this, not because I like griefing, but because there's been a few times where it was the only option that PW gave us to deal with ninjas. Since anyone can need anything, whether or not they can actually use it, it's useful to be able to remove offenders from party.

As for PvP, I have no opinion on that because I don't PvP, so... :: shrug ::
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Id like to see changes that make it so players cant grief other players. The big 3 I see right now that should be changed are:

1. Take away the ability to kick player from a party when in a dungeon or PVP.

2. Do away with automated chat ban. People can basically have you banned by telling everyone in their guild to flag you as spam.

3. Change N/G loot system to where every one gets a chest pull and no one else can see anyone elses loot.

1. Not sure that's a good idea. If you have AFKers in PvP or dungeon, or people who are causing mayhem for the rest of the party, you should be able to boot them. But I know what you mean: I had connectivity issues last night, but I IMMEDIATELY popped right back in when I was booted (during DD). Instead of waiting the 30 seconds it took me to log back in, the party kept moving way, way ahead. I ended up being booted by them, even though they were running past mobs, not helping when they aggroed and someone got swamped because of it, healer wasn't healing, etc.

The ability to boot people can be abused, certainly. But I like being able to boot people who actually deserve it.

2. Chat ban is irritating. But most public forums with chat capabilities are set up so that sufficient reports result in a ban. Think Facebook. :\ It's definitely problematic, but there needs to be a chat ban, especially for spammers and gold/AD sellers. There probably should be a review process, but not sure they could pull up/afford the manpower for it?

3. I guess this one is to each their own. I like N/G/P, but it definitely needs a class lock for queued parties. If I'm with a group I know, we need responsibly, greed items useful to all classes unless someone needs something specific (then we pass, they need), and people pass on items not for their class unless nobody needs it: then we greed.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Number on thing they need to fix before I even care about playing again is fixing the two broken useless classes.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather they made all loot, not just potions/scrolls/chests/etc, instanced and get rid of the annoying need/greed system. It would solve all the problems as well as getting rid of annoying pop-ups. I think you all did a good job of hitting a lot of very good issues and for the most part I don't know why someone would NOT click on any of the items (unless they thought they could only pick one).

edit: and as for the point of using the need/greed/pass as a way to give items people don't want to certain players, you can still do that with trading at the end of an adventure instead of a constant and annoying pop-up you have to interact with as you're trying to dodge red circles, heal your group, and scream at your companion.
    edited May 2013
    cookjk wrote: »
    Number on thing they need to fix before I even care about playing again is fixing the two broken useless classes.

Which classes do you consider to be useless?
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    and as for the point of using the need/greed/pass as a way to give items people don't want to certain players, you can still do that with trading at the end of an adventure instead of a constant and annoying pop-up you have to interact with as you're trying to dodge red circles, heal your group, and scream at your companion.

Good point. I do like the system, but the pop ups drive me crazy. I try to avoid hitting "F" during a fight. There's time enough to loot after this mob or that boss has being eliminated. It is, again, one of those things you don't have to deal with so much if you play with a good group and work these things out. In queue? That's a whole different story.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    As an aside: I'm rather surprised that more people aren't interested in bankable AD. The only way to get AD from -everyone- to evenly purchase bank slots is to sell guildies items, listed by one person, and have that person buy the slot. Terribly annoying. An AD bank, logged and subject to the same permission sets as the coins, would be a big help.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Log out to the character selection screen, rather than needing to entirely log back in.

Was mentioned by a Admin that another build of the game currently has this featuring working and there is a /command that allows you do this until it hits live.

Oh, fantastic! Do you have any idea what the command is, or where I can locate it?
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /gotocharacterselect

I think. Something like that. I forget now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ^^ That is correct
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124lipe124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about fixing the current queue system for dungeons?

The way it is now you might as well not queue at all because it takes anything from 1-4 hours to get into a party.

I'd suggest that the Queue should have more interactive features like displaying all the names of people currently in the queue kinda like a "lobby" system with its own chat window apart from the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As an aside: I'm rather surprised that more people aren't interested in bankable AD. The only way to get AD from -everyone- to evenly purchase bank slots is to sell guildies items, listed by one person, and have that person buy the slot. Terribly annoying. An AD bank, logged and subject to the same permission sets as the coins, would be a big help.

Since this was a question for guilds, player not in guilds don't care(?). Just my guess.
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    Since this was a question for guilds, player not in guilds don't care(?). Just my guess.

I haven't felt quite this level of derp since I was in a Foundry and said "Nah, that isn't supposed to be the Underdark", and two minutes later, dialogue said it was the Underdark. :o You are, more likely than not, correct. :P
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    lipe124 wrote: »
    What about fixing the current queue system for dungeons?

The way it is now you might as well not queue at all because it takes anything from 1-4 hours to get into a party.

I'd suggest that the Queue should have more interactive features like displaying all the names of people currently in the queue kinda like a "lobby" system with its own chat window apart from the game.

Good point. Good luck trying to get into a dungeon during DD if you enter queue halfway through DD. :\ I like the lobby idea, either with its own chat window, or with a LFG chat zone. One the subject of extra chats..

A trade chat zone. e_e; I like taking part in zone chat, but when the....

IVE GOT THiS BUY it WHISPER pm OffERS [afasf][afasfaf][asfasfasfasf][fasfasfasf][safasfsaf]
    IVE GOT THiS BUY it WHISPER pm OffERS [afasf][afasfaf][asfasfasfasf][fasfasfasf][safasfsaf]

..starts, I want to smash things.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys!

By the way, ordensmarschall: how did you get the Guardian forum tag? I got the guardian pack, but no forum tag came with it. :\
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    /gotocharacterselect

I think. Something like that. I forget now.

/gotocharacterselect sent me to the login screen. :confused:
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg