test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Isnt it time for these two chat features?

isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I think it is WELL past time to add an OFFICIAL TRADE channel to the game, chat is overrun with people spamming their sales and its impossible to read chat right now.

Its time to add these 3 features quickly, new players are having massive issues getting their questions answered as well so this really should be top priority along with fixing bugs (not exploits, that should always be #1).

1. Trade Channel
2. 3 second delay between being able to send a chat to cut down on spam.
3. No hot-linking items in main chat to prevent advertising sales in main chat.

EDITED TO ADD: Yeah yeah, I have two in the title instead of three...color me without coffee!
Post edited by isakongming on

Comments

• wolonggongwolonggong Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh hell yeah. Chat is horrible, I don't even look at it when in town anymore.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think it is WELL past time to add an OFFICIAL TRADE channel to the game, chat is overrun with people spamming their sales and its impossible to read chat right now.

Its time to add these 3 features quickly, new players are having massive issues getting their questions answered as well so this really should be top priority along with fixing bugs (not exploits, that should always be #1).

1. Trade Channel
    2. 3 second delay between being able to send a chat to cut down on spam.
    3. No hot-linking items in main chat to prevent advertising sales in main chat.

EDITED TO ADD: Yeah yeah, I have two in the title instead of three...color me without coffee!

1 & 2 are ok but 3 I'm not sure about... Since the poll said all or nothing I'll have to go with disagree.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • jagelejagele Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    1 & 2 are ok but 3 I'm not sure about... Since the poll said all or nothing I'll have to go with disagree.

Agree !! One and two are fine and should be implemented. Three, a resounding NO !!
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. In regard to 3, if there's an active trade channel where the items can be hot linked, then not being able to do so in Zone would be irrelevant. Since Zone in each area is exclusive, as opposed to other games where the equivalent goes out to the entire server, it wouldn't matter a bit. Anyone looking to buy items would know about /Trade, and would be in it looking for what's posted.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this idea. MAKE IT HAPPEN DEVS.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been strongly against a chat channel in every other MMO I've played, since in those other games the only purpose a Trade channel serves is for scamming. As the Auction House or equivalent is based on the regular currency, you get the most buyers by listing on it and you get the widest selection by buying from it. This means a legitimate seller should get the highest possible price by listing, and a legitimate buyer gets the lowest possible price by using it. That in turn automatically means those trying to trade outside of the Action House are trying to scam you, bypassing the market.

That objection does not apply in Neverwinter, where there is no Auction House for Gold, and the only avenue of trade using that currency is via chat.

I'd prefer a Gold AH (much like how Diablo 3 had a Real Money and a Gold Auction House), but failing that an official Trade channel is necessary to cut down on spam and allow for actual discussions to occur.

I voted "Yes", but I disagree with points 2 and 3. People will report spammers for spamming, which auto-silences them and eliminates the need for point 2, and there are legitimate reasons for people to hotlink items. An official Trade channel would remove the point of 3 as well, and advertising spam can again be controlled by reporting spammers.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see these Channels:
    1. Trade
    2. LFG
    3. Chat
    4. Gold selling spam bots
  • baaroguebaarogue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with 1 and 3, but there should be some simple flood-prevention code in public channels.
  • tappinthattappinthat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100%

To those saying #3 is not needed...if people can still hotlink items in Zone chat, they will NOT use trade and nothing will be fixed. Zone chat should not be used for trading at all.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add the ability to peal windows out - so I could have Guild, custom, trade, party, without mixing or tabbing, and Nightmare system announcements off, & I'll agree
  • jasoncgsjasoncgs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zone chat is so bad I ignore it, makes the game feel less like an MMO but it cant be helped with the amount of spam and with far more people selling items than talking, not that anyone can keep up with a conversation.

So yeah, if they are going to implement #1, they must do #3 also or no one will use trade chat. Just look at other MMOs, trade was ignored by sellers because they wanted to FORCE everyone to see what they were selling by using the main chat channel. As for #2, I think a 5 second delay would be more like it.
  • shad99shad99 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with #1, but I don't agree with #2 or #3. #1 can be done by someone simply making an NWtrade (or NWT) channel however and getting the word out. You can after all create any channel you want and not used by someone else.

Maybe it would be ok for zone chat, but frankly I don't think their code can support 2. It certainly cannot in CO or STO which use the same engine and chat servers and yes that does mean in NWO you can chat with people playing CO or STO. The same thing covers #3.
  • jayws84jayws84 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    There at least needs to be a trade channel, and preferably an LFG channel as well. There's just no way of asking a game-related question or have any sort of discussion in Protector's Enclave at this moment.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

I ignored 4 people within the first 30 seconds of my play time last night, spamming for groups, spamming items, spamming stupidity...

Hot key spammers everywhere! LOL

I sure hope there isn't a limit to how many people I can ignore.
  • utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Yes to a LFG channel, a trade channel, AND an advice channel. There is nowhere to learn from the vets in this game unless you are in a guild. You ask a question in zone chat and it immediately disappears from all the trading spam.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree the trading spam is completely overwhelming the Enclave's zone channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tipsyjasontipsyjason Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with all 3, if you do 1 without 3 it will be pointless because people will continue to use Zone chat to trade. Right now Zone chat is one of the worst aspects of the game, it is making it **** near impossible to create any sense of community at all.

Also would like to add that there is no "limit" to what Cryptic can do with their chat channels no matter how they designed it, the only limit is with the programming ability of the people they have.
    edited May 2013
    tipsyjason wrote: »
    Also would like to add that there is no "limit" to what Cryptic can do with their chat channels no matter how they designed it, the only limit is with the programming ability of the people they have.

It's been the same system for... what... 6 years now...? If they were going to change it or could change it, I think it would have gotten changed already. CO & STO were the same, zone chat was spam chat and the first thing I would do is turn it off.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets not derail the topic please. Just because previous Crytpic games had or did not have something in it, that does not mean they cannot do it, or will be unwilling to do it if there is a demand for it.

So, vote your opinion on the topic and lets see if there is enough support for it.
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've turned off zone chat on my characters until they implement something like this. It scrolls so fast (and gets spammed so often by people hoping that if they repeat something 50 times someone will actually see their message) there's no point in trying to respond to anything.
    edited May 2013
    Lets not derail the topic please. Just because previous Crytpic games had or did not have something in it, that does not mean they cannot do it, or will be unwilling to do it if there is a demand for it.

It was perfectly valid response. The NWO chat server is the CO/STO chat server. What they do to NWO they do to CO/STO and vice versa for chat. Just because you cannot understand that, does not make the comment less valid or derail anything.
  • wolonggongwolonggong Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shad99 wrote: »
    It was perfectly valid response.

You just cant help yourself can you? He asked not to derail the topic and just vote your opinion. And sorry, but the other guy is correct. There is no limit to how they can program the chat client outside of the programmers knowledge limit. There is no way they could have created the client that would not allow adding a delay, that is basic programming knowledge.

Changes need to be made and it needs to be done soon because Zone chat is more a hindrance to the game than a help and it will do nothing but push many new people away from not only not being able to get questions answered, but also by hurting community building.
  • tipsyjasontipsyjason Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, with chat being as bad as it is you would think this topic would get a larger response one way or the other...
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Look for Morbic's thread on channels ingame, he has a list of all the NWO ones.(search by Thread writer)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?206631-Guide-Custom-Channel-Creation-Joining-and-List
    2. for trade
    chat options>channels>NWOtrade>join

NOte: IF you join Trade(not NWOtrade) be aware that you will see items for CO and STO, if you can't see details, it isn't for your game
    It was created first thing in beta by a player.
    same for LFG , check Mordic's list for a specific one.
    If you wish to create your own channels, you type in the name and list whether it is private or open.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Trade one and a prohibition on linking in the General Zone. But a three second delay would be annoying.