test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disable Need Rolls for Non-Class Gear

cinteccintec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Anti-ninja common sense. If an item drops that is not for your class you should not be able to "Need" it. People seem to automatically need when they see purple no matter the class restrictions/stats.
Post edited by cintec on

Comments

• allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One would think it is common sense. Sadly, based on the frequency with which it happens in game, some people weren't in the room when common sense was handed out.
  • thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I (luckily) have not run into this problem so far, but it seems like this would be something that is added almost by default.
  • everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cintec wrote: »
    Anti-ninja common sense. If an item drops that is not for your class you should not be able to "Need" it. People seem to automatically need when they see purple no matter the class restrictions/stats.

+1
    Tera has this. If your class cant USE it. You shouldn't be allowed to roll need on it.
  • ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just kick people from the team if they need on non class items.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Need should make things BoP rather then making sure only rogues ever get to roll need on rogue gear they don't actually need.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you can also make it " no need if they already have it or better " .
    because if you don't once it gets changed then people will cry " but he already had one " .
    And then you will never get in a group with a leader of the same class .
  • mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Ofc not.

I need all items. I need AD.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should've been in the game from the start; like many other omissions.

Considering the rate and number of updates, I doubt it's coming anytime soon.
  • briarrabriarra Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Should've been in the game from the start; like many other omissions.

Considering the rate and number of updates, I doubt it's coming anytime soon.

Except it is as stated in today's State of the Game. It's in the works.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631
    Party Loot issues (better allowing players to win the items they legitimately need)
  • kestralskaurkestralskaur Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not just with purple, but with EVERY single piece of gear. If it's "unidentified", how do you know you "need" it? If it can't be used by your class, you shouldn't even get a roll. I just booted my entire party out of Mad Dragon Dungeon near the end because I am so sick of this behavior. Also, too many noobs act like a dungeon is a foot race and try to run ahead of everyone else. That was the second reason I booted them all. I FRIKKIN HATE DUNGEONS for these reasons. Just for once I'd love to see someone put out an MMO that DOES NOT REQUIRE GROUPS to get access to top level gear. GROUPS SUCK.
    Figure it out for yourself or obey without question.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Yes please :D Apparently the devs have already said it is coming. *Edit* Thanks Nullwolf that was the post I had in mind. So yes, it is coming.

We've all accidentally "Needed" something that dropped mid fight while dodging and then dropping a daily power I'm sure - I know I have. If it's blue and I can't use it I hand it over to the person who can. There are also of course the "I NEED gold" people.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmogfails wrote: »
    Ofc not.

And you sir, would be promptly removed from my group. Fail attitude is fail. Go farm Astral Diamonds via daily missions, you mooch.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
    edited May 2013
    Ofc not.

Hence your forum name. FAIL.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unnecessary.
    Need rolls for rares/epics already bind-on-acquire, that's enough.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unnecessary.

Confused. When did that go in? Need doesn't bind ****.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    Unnecessary.

Since when? I've not seen need cause an item to bind. Certain mission chest items are bind on pickup, but I haven't seen need cause an item to bind.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, this has been pointed out previously in many other threads including the solution, there is no point in making another thread about it. A mod needs to close and lock this thread or consolidate it.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Since when? I've not seen need cause an item to bind. Certain mission chest items are bind on pickup, but I haven't seen need cause an item to bind.
    etherealj wrote: »
    Confused. When did that go in? Need doesn't bind ****.

Need binds blues and purples at least in dungeons. It started about a week ago.
    I confirmed this once on myself in normal dungeon and multiple times in epics (with my own rolls and others).
  • stopthi5stopthi5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ofc not.

You don't need all items... If no one needs it, then everyone will greed it and someone will win it. If you select need on items you don't you just screw over other players for your greed... Notice... That's why they call it greed option.
  • cinteccintec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    OP, this has been pointed out previously in many other threads including the solution, there is no point in making another thread about it. A mod needs to close and lock this thread or consolidate it.

Jesus, forum police much? You tell those mods what they need to do guy.

If there is a solution then that's all I care about, and it seems they are going to address it as was said in the "state of the game." (which I didn't know until I started this thread so I guess this thread did have some worth after all huh?) So feel free to delete this thread if it's redundant. Also, because I read your signature and can't keep my mouth shut, I can think of much, much worse feelings than realizing I'm wrong in an argument.
    edited May 2013
    The other threads don't have a poll. This thread is fine. Thanks for starting it OP.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove rolling, give each player a go at a chest at the end, to recieve loot for themselves.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would be a simple enough fix that could take care of much of the problem. Sometimes the KISS rule works wonderfully: KeepItSimpleStupid
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogkelt wrote: »
    I just kick people from the team if they need on non class items.

And then you are forced to carry on with a team of four, instead of five...
    Being unable to replace groupmembers supports the local ninja community. >.<
    Artificer.jpg
  • aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be ideal to take both need and greed out, just roll or pass. Then let an AI decide if greed is warranted by 1st class, then if the item has a higher equipment score then the one equipped. I am sure that sounds easier to code then it is, but then players on all kinds of other MMO's would be like, "Why can't you roll like Neverwinter?"