test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spells are weaker in the arena?

whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My daily doing 1800 damage outside the arena and only 1300 inside... why? Value changes in the moment you entering map. Same with rest skills.
Post edited by whisperofthemoon on

Comments

• whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hello there. Is that a bug? PEOPLE? ANYONE? Where did you all go?
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What are comparing? Hitting an NPC mob to Hitting a player with good armor? If so, that's the damage difference. Even mobs have different defense ratings.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, if it is so hard to understand, i can help you a bit more -

Outside arena - a1.1369340779.jpg

Inside arena - a2.1369340784.jpg
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yes damamge is lowered for PVP, cause cryptic thinks longer fights are more fun. Since I don't play burst classes, I tend to agree.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
    edited May 2013
    But... how should i know that? How did you know that? Is it written somewhere in the game or what? Because if not, it's a clear bug.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    There is a stat called defense.
  • kipperkipperskipperkippers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just because information regarding stats aren't listed doesn't mean it's a bug. In fact, we're missing a sizable chunk of stat related information but it doesn't mean they're all bugs. (e.g. feats don't interact with certain damage/healing spells, DR on stats, GS omitting utility)
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    My daily doing 1800 damage outside the arena and only 1300 inside... why? Value changes in the moment you entering map. Same with rest skills.

I hope you dont forget some class have extra defense on their arsenal, or extra reduce damage buffs. TR have a daily skill that can make great damage output, 6000-7000 dmg + the damage you already suffer + defense nullification, executioner, CIIMW. but it not always a finish blow, DC have high reduce damage, not count as defense. my point is, some tactic work at one monster/class doesnt mean it will work for all of them
  • kipperkipperskipperkippers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like a lot of people aren't reading the 4th post.
    edited May 2013
    I feel like they cannot even understand what
    Value changes in the moment you entering map.

means...
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Ok, if it is so hard to understand, i can help you a bit more -

Outside arena - a1.1369340779.jpg

Inside arena - a2.1369340784.jpg

only thing i can guess is losing stats from your cat companion, but i don't think it would account for that much of a difference.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    possible causes:
    1. loss of companion stats
    2. some hidden stat lowering mechanic in PvP
    3. a bug
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That could be due to how the lvl scaling works if you're not lvl60.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    possible causes:
    1. loss of companion stats
    2. some hidden stat lowering mechanic in PvP
    3. a bug

#1 and #2 is more likely, since CW get bonuses from companions stats from charisma that not notice perhaps, or perhaps arena is weakened due, or powered up do balancing level.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's actually normal for MMORPGs to have 2 different set of damage. A higher damage for PVE and a lower set for PVP. No i don't think this is a bug but rather the game mechanic.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guess was level scaliing too. They acknowledged it's bugged.
    edited May 2013
    To clarify, i do have only cleric companion, cat is worth too much, my ad from daily quests is not enough to buy a cat...
    Can someone else test this? I wonder, if this kind of bug happens only on lower level pvp or on 60 too? I am currently fighting on 35.
    But if damage falls down because my level rises on the arena - it's a clear bug, because i think anybody will agree that lower damage with higher level is incredibly stupid.
    edited May 2013
    So i just tested and yes, this bug appears only on pvp before level 60. Since they already know this bug, i guess i should not write the report?
  • brothertanbrothertan Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013