test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD cost to remove an Enchant

ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What is the formula in computing the cost to remove an Enchant from an item? I've seen that for the same rank, different Enchants will have different costs to unbind them. And does the level of the item so Enchanted factor in to it as well?
Post edited by ixotl on

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whatever it is sucks.. Its way overpriced to remove them, you can buy a whole new enchant for half the price of some of them to remove. Hopefully this is something that gets adjusted down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • airsykoairsyko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Whatever it is sucks.. Its way overpriced to remove them, you can buy a whole new enchant for half the price of some of them to remove. Hopefully this is something that gets adjusted down the road.

This would be a horrible idea. Enchants would be worth almost nothing if it didn't cost much to remove them.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can place a higher or different one right over it . You do not have to remove to place another .
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »

I agree 100%. It's way way too much over 150k to remove a good enchant on high end gear that's a joke.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    This would be a horrible idea. Enchants would be worth almost nothing if it didn't cost much to remove them.

The price to remove is way above market price, all the way up to Rank 6. It could be dropped a large amount without affecting the market.

One thing that could reduce the market impact would be to bind the enchant to character on removal.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    The price to remove is way above market price, all the way up to Rank 6. It could be dropped a large amount without affecting the market.

One thing that could reduce the market impact would be to bind the enchant to character on removal.

I'd be all for that, rank 7's are way too much to remove its soo sad if you do get some new better item. I have some 8's ready to be made too as soon as my praying gives me some more blue wards, can't wait to see the price on removing an 8 from 60 gear :(
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »

I'd consider bind to account, but not bind to character. Chances are that if you took it off your character...you probably wouldn't have a need to put it back on. Also the ability to fuse the enchant would need to remain intact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    hahahahaha .... it is ok to sell things overprice, but it is not ok to paid for unbind great enchant, funny ... very funny ...
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I leveled a Companion all the way to 30 with Tripple Training r7 Stones.

To my surprise, it would cost me 125k AD per Stone to remove them wtf ?!?

Seriously, thats one more [Redacted] [Redacted] on my [Redacted] list...
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The formula is designed to make you pay money. That's all there is to it.

And by "it", I mean this game.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.

Why are you complaining? If an enchantment is so good it's worth saving, then it should be worth the cost of removing it!. If it's not so good an enchantment that it's worth spending the money, then just throw it away and re-enchant the item! Sheesh!

I just don't get these threads that whine and cyrbaby about spending money to remove an enchantment. Ether the enchantment is worth it or it's not. If it's not then don't - just destroy it already and stop with the 'whoa is me' story.

EDIT TO ADD:

Okay - I will say this since, I suppose, it is possible that you do not know that you do NOT have to spend any money to re-enchant the same item.

You only spend money to remove an enchantment to0 return it to your inventory. I would never do that, unless it's a super rare enchantment. SO just drag the upgraded enchantment over the top of the old one and you will "destroy" (lose) the old one and the item will take on the new one you just dragged over there.

This is FREE TO DO.

:)
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    haha, wait tilll you see the rank 9 removal cost's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »

Characters level so fast that the enchanted gear is discarded after just a few hours of gameplay. Since it is prohibitively expensive to remove the enchantment, it is discarded as well (or in my case, I just don't enchant the gear in the first place).

I would agree with you if A) Leveling were reasonably paced rather than turbo-speed so that the gear is actually used for days or weeks of real time; B) The cost of removing the enchantment were significantly less than the cost of just buying the same enchantment again new.

Both of those conditions are not met.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You only spend money to remove an enchantment to0 return it to your inventory. I would never do that, unless it's a super rare enchantment.

... thus proving that the price to remove the enchantment is not in line with the value to any player to actually do that. They may as well just eliminate the option to remove an enchantment. Or, they could adjust the cost so that you (and others) actually would see value in removing enchantments.

Since "remove enchantment" is designed as an AD sink, it is actually in PWE's interest to price it such that players actually use the feature. I am fairly confident they will make that change in the future. At the moment they have much larger fish to fry.

edited May 2013
    ... thus proving that the price to remove the enchantment is not in line with the value to any player to actually do that. They may as well just eliminate the option to remove an enchantment. Or, they could adjust the cost so that you (and others) actually would see value in removing enchantments.

Since "remove enchantment" is designed as an AD sink, it is actually in PWE's interest to price it such that players actually use the feature. I am fairly confident they will make that change in the future. At the moment they have much larger fish to fry.

I don't think you "get it". I've plopped up a new explanatory thread on it if you;re interested, as there ARE times when you will pay the money to remove an enchantment: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285081-PRO-TIP-Replacing-Enchantments-Is-FREE&p=3727341#post3727341
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you "get it". I've plopped up a new explanatory thread on it if you;re interested, as there ARE times when you will pay the money to remove an enchantment: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285081-PRO-TIP-Replacing-Enchantments-Is-FREE&p=3727341#post3727341

I get what he's saying, pretty sure he gets what you're saying, not sure you get what he's saying...get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    eidama wrote: »
    I get what he's saying, pretty sure he gets what you're saying, not sure you get what he's saying...get it?

LOL! You get a cookie for that! LOL
    ~three thumbs up~
    edited May 2013
    LOL! You get a cookie for that! LOL
    ~three thumbs up~

04_fistbump_zpsf771640f.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    I don't think you "get it".

Yes, I do get it.

And I'm right. And your post proves that I'm right :-)

The cost to remove enchantments (at least at low- to mid-levels) is way out of line with the cost to just buy a new enchantment. That makes that game mechanic meaningless. I have not reached end game yet, so I cannot comment on the relative economics of removing say a level 8 enchantment to use it as a component to create a level 9 enchantment. However, for all-but-end-game, the game mechanic is broken because there is no economic incentive to ever use it.

• banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Screw it..I just seel it wit the item... not going to pay any longer to remove them...hell you get as many back in a day so just upgrade them and never look back... I screwed myself removing them and now am back to building up my AD to buy anything!
    PWE. is there a chance you start looking at the stupidly rediculous pricing on some of this mess?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.

Why are you complaining? If an enchantment is so good it's worth saving, then it should be worth the cost of removing it!. If it's not so good an enchantment that it's worth spending the money, then just throw it away and re-enchant the item! Sheesh!

If, during the course of a beta, you are telling someone that if a game mechanic is bad, don't use it, you are fundamentally failing to understand the point of a beta.

A game mechanic that is so badly designed that people don't use it is a problem. It should be fixed. This being a beta, people are suggesting that it should be fixed. Denigrating people for offering suggestions to the devs does not help anything.
  • kinada350kinada350 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    The cost is based on you buying zen, selling it, and using the resulting AD to remove them.
    edited May 2013
    kinada350 wrote: »
    The cost is based on you buying zen, selling it, and using the resulting AD to remove them.

That's not relevant.

The only relevant point is that the cost is so high (regardless of how the cost is paid) that few people use this game mechanic. Simple economics... if the price is so high that nobody buys a product, either stop selling the product or lower the price to the point where there are at least some customers.

I have not seen anyone make a case for paying to disenchant anything but possibly end-game gear.

• ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gather from all these posts that 1) no one knows the actual algorithm to calculate/estimate the cost to remove an Enchant and 2) no one cares because the fees to do the remove are so absurdly high. That's OK as I do the 'sell-as-is' or 'replace-with-another' action myself. 'Twas just wondering how the values were calculated.

As for IRL money to buy Zen to get AD to remove Enchants: since there are much easier ways to deal with upgrades (and the ready supply of Enchants - Shhhh, don't tell anyone) then I suspect PWE (and Cryptic by extension and the Investors) see little in the way for the purpose of removing Enchants (and Runestones).
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    ixotl wrote: »
    I gather from all these posts that 1) no one knows the actual algorithm to calculate/estimate the cost to remove an Enchant and 2) no one cares because the fees to do the remove are so absurdly high. That's OK as I do the 'sell-as-is' or 'replace-with-another' action myself. 'Twas just wondering how the values were calculated.

As for IRL money to buy Zen to get AD to remove Enchants: since there are much easier ways to deal with upgrades (and the ready supply of Enchants - Shhhh, don't tell anyone) then I suspect PWE (and Cryptic by extension and the Investors) see little in the way for the purpose of removing Enchants (and Runestones).

The algorithm is:
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Everything revolves around spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thats why you need to spend real money to even make the enchants successfully in the first place.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cost to remove my lesser weapon enchant: ~170k AD
    Cost to re-buy weapon off AH: ~11k AD

I know I laughed.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Cost to remove my lesser weapon enchant: ~170k AD
    Cost to re-buy weapon off AH: ~11k AD

I know I laughed.

But is the problem the high cost of removing enchants, or the low cost of reobtaining the weapon and enchant? BOTH methods will resolve the issue.
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    But is the problem the high cost of removing enchants, or the low cost of reobtaining the weapon and enchant? BOTH methods will resolve the issue.

Honestly? I think the problem has its roots in the 24k AD a day refining cap. IF I have **** luck in dungeons it takes more then an entire week to afford to remove an enchant. Really? do I need that aggravation? :(

I have bad luck: ALL my t2 delve chests give me jewelry or t1.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Instead of working on being able to remove enchants, it would have been nice if they put those programming resources instead into making the AH work.
    edited May 2013
    Instead of working on being able to remove enchants, it would have been nice if they put those programming resources instead into making the AH work.

Yes, because those two things are identical in scope.