test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop saying "It's beta"

1235»

Comments

• wesco2wesco2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta is just a bs, fail-safe term. Every time they screw up they can say,....it's "open beta"
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wesco2 wrote: »
    open beta is just a bs, fail-safe term. Every time they screw up they can say,....it's "open beta"

If you feel this way why do you continue beta testing Neverwinter? It would be better if you waited until the game is released before playing...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    You should discontinue beta testing Neverwinter and return when the game is released as you miss the entire point of having an open beta...

once again, who are you to tell me what I should do? Did I say ever that I don't enjoy the game? All because it's not beta I should quit? That makes sense, never. You miss the entire point of people having their own opinions. you post the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over telling people what they should do, instead of quiting the game that I do enjoy I think I'll just quit seeing your OPINIONS and add you to ignore.
  • xymmxymm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because he is not beta testing. Characters are not wiped, Neverwinter's cash register is wide open. It's is not beta. I am afraid to see what would happen if they called a steaming pile of dung a meal fit for a king.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    once again, who are you to tell me what I should do? Did I say ever that I don't enjoy the game? All because it's not beta I should quit? That makes sense, never. You miss the entire point of people having their own opinions. you post the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over telling people what they should do, instead of quiting the game that I do enjoy I think I'll just quit seeing your OPINIONS and add you to ignore.

It's not my opinion... Cryptic states clearly in bold letters on their webpage that Neverwinter is in Open Beta, it is your OPINION that it is some how not...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xymm wrote: »
    Because he is not beta testing. Characters are not wiped, Neverwinter's cash register is wide open. It's is not beta. I am afraid to see what would happen if they called a steaming pile of dung a meal fit for a king.
    They would be correct... If we are selling to Dung Beatles.

The game has one campaign, with bunches of bugs and exploits. There are only 5 (basic) classes with little customizing... 6 races is a pretty good selection for a D&D game. There is quite a bit of the game still needing added, and/or fixed. This is not a Launch. Money is being taken cause it offsets the need for a hefty bank loan. The more money we give the less they have to borrow.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    It's not my opinion... Cryptic states clearly in bold letters on their webpage that Neverwinter is in Open Beta, it is your OPINION that it is some how not...

Beta is a semantic adjective in this situation and nothing more. If you disagree with that statement, tell us, what is the difference between taking money for the game and promising not to wipe the server now (semantically in beta) versus when it goes live.

There are no differences. If there are, please inform us.
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    this is beta whatever u like it or not........people still dont know meaning of beta and complain here..
  • neeja737neeja737 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alot of this debate is purely semantics now. The game is what it is and most people will pick and amplify the caracteristics that suit their bias.

My bias is that this does not feel like a beta. And I do think that they are using a great strategy by protecting themselves from the "live" expectations. I saw ToR crash down in the first few months, if they had been in "beta" maybe thousands of people would have stuck around a little more.

So yes "beta" is rethorical. And so is "MMO economy" There is no economy: because you have limitless ressources and the gold or diamonds you spend become void in the vendor, there is an unlimited of amount of currency from which the vendors can buy your items.

oh well, Im still having fun.

Some people will whine about anything, the "economy" is a good pretext, "wipe or I quit" will be the new thing soon enough if its not allready.
  • kuroberuskuroberus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this thread is beta
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all the bugs and exploits. yea... It's beta alright. It was called a final release, you same people saying it's not beta would be ranting that it is beta.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    With all the bugs and exploits. yea... It's beta alright. It was called a final release, you same people saying it's not beta would be ranting that it is beta.

WIth all the bugs.

Name me ONE MMO that is bug free. Just ONE.

All games have bugs, exploits and problems EARLY ON IN LIFE!!!! Even the infamous WoW. Not one silly game is still free of problems. Whether it is due to bugs introduced during an update, or something that has existed since launch. Every game has issue. NWO is no exception. The only exception is that they are calling their game 'open-beta' when in all actuality, its in a release state.

They just call it Open beta, for whatever reason, they do. Maybe, as someone said, to avoid culpability (for what, I dunno, nor do I care). For me, it just means I keep my money in my pocket until they advertise it as release. I don't invest in beta projects. Except my time of course.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it was extensively tested by STO, these flaws in the game would not have been present at open beta/release/whatever. You logic is flawed.

If Cryptic uses the same game engine in all three of its games, then yes everything has been tested and hit live play. What you fail to realize is that the game engine they copied IS a buggy, glitchy piece of fodder. YOUR logic is flawed.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rosy9huh wrote: »
    A bunch of stuff that does not make sense.

Necro thread!!

I know I'm not great with grammar and all, but come on. At least try to make a complete sentence so we can understand what you are saying.
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    Does't matter, the people will always find something for justifying the mediocrity...
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank god I don't play this anymore lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's getting old seeing this in response to any complaint. This game stopped being "In beta" the minute they started taking real money from people and promised no wipes.

If you're going to say something like "they needed to test the cash shop"...

1) It's already been extensively tested in STO.

2) That could have easily been tested by giving everyone a stipend of Zen with the understanding all would be wiped before launch.

even the breakfast u had this morning is beta, wtf u talkin about bro?
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dekno wrote: »
    even the breakfast u had this morning is beta, wtf u talkin about bro?

You do know that person posted that about a month ago right? So it's a month old breakfast :D