test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why there won't be a full-wipe.

armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
With the amount of variables involved there could never be a full wipe.

1. HoTN and Guardians Head Start
  2. Zen purchases
  3. Time investments
  4. Foundry Creations? (this stuff could easily be backed up)

There are a ton of other reasons as well. As much as i would HATE to start over i would. Why? Because i love this game so much. I would LOVE to ask for one thing if they do in fact do a server wide wipe.

Bring back the Foundry Exploite as an exclusive event next weekened? :D
Post edited by armored22 on

Comments

• tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh. Just another cheater... wipe please!
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol tormeanted. Trolls will be trolls.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many people will quit this game if there's a wipe. So shut up wipe-supporters. It's not gonna happen. Just because the forums are crying out for a wipe doesn't mean it's gonna happen. THESE FORUMS ARE NOTHING LIKE THE IN-GAME COMMUNITY!

It's just a haven for trolls and complainers!
  • mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The other problem is many of the people who cheated sent their stolen money/items to mule accounts. The cheaters are mocking PW for banning them because it doesn't matter. These people have already made thousands of dollars because of this F up. See for yourself

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

Notice how they are praying that a wipe doesn't happen because it will destroy everything.
  • biarbiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. HoTN and Guardians Head Start ---> New head start
    2. Zen purchases ---> Money back
    3. Time investments ---> How much time? this game has just been released.
    4. Foundry Creations? (this stuff could easily be backed up) --> Back up.

On the other hand, if you do the rollback and ban

> rollback till when?
    > Will you ban ppl that grouped with exploiters? who accepted a cat?
    > what happens to ppl that has already send the zen to others PW games?

So I think wipe it's the only way to solve this bug. For the future of the game.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Sigh. Just another cheater... wipe please!

You know. You shouldn't call yourself out. Probably ensure your own ban.
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    So many people will quit this game if there's a wipe. So shut up wipe-supporters. It's not gonna happen. Just because the forums are crying out for a wipe doesn't mean it's gonna happen. THESE FORUMS ARE NOTHING LIKE THE IN-GAME COMMUNITY!

People will also quite if there is no wipe. This is a no win scenario for Neverwinter and it thanks to some idiots that thought breaking the system was cool.

A wipe is the best and only scenario to completely rectify this situation. As for the forums and the community, you might want to reconsider. the forums are the only voice Cryptic hears. if you allow the forums to be nothing but trills and complainers and you do not have your voice heard, then do not cry when things go other than you and your in game buddies would like. Get them on the forums and part of the discussion.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • gjack6014gjack6014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »

2. Zen purchases
    3. Time investments

There are a ton of other reasons as well. As much as i would HATE to start over i would. Why? Because i love this game so much. I would LOVE to ask for one thing if they do in fact do a server wide wipe.

HoTN and Guardians got to play the open beta for the headstart - I do not think that those days offers any real advantage as fast as leveling goes in this game. You can hit 60 in a week without cheating.

Zen purchases can be refunded as they were in previous betas - the methods are already in place and have been used.

This is a MMO - the whole thing is a time sink. You will spend more time, and waste more time Wipe or not.

Foundry Creations can be backed up.
  • ecsanchoecsancho Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent about $100 and I believe I will not be coming back, maybe consider coming back after beta.

But I know there will not be any wipes, it's not necessary. Perhaps rollback AH and currency servers to a different state. If wiping a server would be Cryptic response to this incident then that would be frightening, what will happen if another incident involving exploitation 2 years down the line? Will Cryptic response will be another server wipe? Of course not.
  • ecsanchoecsancho Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent about $100 and I believe I will not be coming back, maybe consider coming back after beta.

But I know there will not be any wipes, it's not necessary. Perhaps rollback AH and currency servers to a different state. If wiping a server would be Cryptic response to this incident then that would be frightening, what will happen if another incident involving exploitation 2 years down the line? Will Cryptic response will be another server wipe? Of course not.
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a simpler reason why. They said there wouldn't be and breaking their word would be a bigger PR nightmare than this is.
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »

I got news for you lots of people will quit if there isn't a wipe
  • iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people did all this during beta weekend so what. They wipe and refund everything like the did after beta weekends.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

2. Zen purchases
    3. Time investments

How about there will not be a wipe because Cryptic said there would not be a wipe? /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    who ever quits would quit soon anyway. This is a great game I played DDO for 5 years but I quit for this. Beta is Beta get over it. If you were around for the beta weekend there was a wipe. It is the right thing to do just because it should be assumed.
    edited May 2013
    I have a founder account i am begging for them to stay true to what a beta is. Any program I have ever seen developed does a wipe after beta. The Dev's are constantly changing the things and how they interreact and when old is mixed with new its never a good starting point.

Open release is a brand new day. The world is wiped and we all the de-ja-vu for a little while.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As people have said: no wipe is probable since Cryptic have stated that there will be no wipe.

Was that a mistake? Probably, but that is the current situation and a wipe would likely now do more damage than not wiping.
    Many of the exploiters wouldn't be bothered by a wipe: they have sold their gains for real money and/or have lost their accounts anyway as the fraudulent AD was tracked down. They have little to lose from a wipe.

All of the honest players, however, would lose from a wipe.
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been beat to death. I don't think we need yet another post about it either way. Some of you guys are freaking obsessed.
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they don't have a wipe, then people quit (QQ cry me a river), but others will join.
    If they wipe, then their word is 100% untrusted, and people quit, PR has MAJOR issues, and word gets around they can't be trusted at their word regardless, so they have a very hard time getting new players.

Like all MMO's, within a year, most founders will be gone, moved on to some new hotness. All their toys will be in dead accounts waiting to be hacked over time. Within 2 years, very few of us that started with this game will still be here, as more than weekend warriors. Look at STO, first major update in years, and they got sudden queues with 30k people. Most days, you wouldn't have known 500 people play. Same will happen here in a few years. When a major update hits, many people will visit for a few weeks then be done yet again.

So a company has to cater to the idea of turnaround. Those that currently play the game only really need to be appeased for 6 months or so. Long enough to get friends into it before they leave. They need to look at their image, and how people see them. Incompetent is not nearly as detrimental as dishonest. And most importantly, they need to be seen as fixing things that are broken, which means things have to be broken to have them fixed. Not they they intentionally break things, but they have priorities, and until a bug is apparent to the community as a whole, it doesn't need fixed before one that is apparent to the community.

So a wipe removes all credibility, thus makes it harder for them to build for tomorrows incoming players. As long as they don't wipe, they can weather any issues that arise.

And as my old hobby store boss used to say (when I asked about the good ol days of "D&D is the devil" protests that happened outside his store) "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Evidently his sales went up almost 50% for months after those protests.

EDIT, By founders, i mean people that are here in the launch time frame of the game.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    there will be no wipe:
    1. if they simply wipe out, the "premium members" will kill them, no offence here
    2. what they need is rollback to day 1, but, I dont think they have the data to rollback, if they have I believe they done it already instead of just 7 hours rollback
    3. publisher, in this case PWE will not allowed that, why? #1

things that could happen is this, when the bug is completely handled, yes, handled wisely, there is a new server possibility, with that you have 2 options: continue the game in the current mess, or restart in new server, that will solve the wipe-supporter cries without sacrificing the "premium members".
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

2. Zen purchases
    3. Time investments

You left out the #1 reason there wont be a wipe!

The PWI sponsored players would have to start all over, its already been hidden and found out once. They wont wipe and have to start all over, wont be as easy to hide it again, and they would have to do it the right way this time.
  • masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I applyed refund my purchase to neverwinter about 4days ago because i found out the AD exploit have been occured from first day of open beta. I saw the thread with picture says the AD exploit BUG submitted about a month ago and it said "fixed" in responce section, actually it was not.

And for me I sent support about AD exploit about 3weeks ago and just 2days ago I got auto-response about that issue and also about the refund issue. it said " we are busy now". This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... I cannot believe this.

Someone give me idea how should i hundle this, im so f up
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    charge your money back via bank
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are we still talking about this lol?
    edited May 2013
    as long as you keep bumping its cool. thanks bro
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    charge your money back via bank

And then after you're perma-banned from ALL PWE games, PWE will respond back to your bank that you received the goods you ordered, and your bank will take the money back out of your account and charge you a stiff penalty. Depending on the bank, they may even close your account.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised they haven't simply made these wipe threads against forum rules. I see little purpose in forum discussions over something that will never happen, despite the merits or lack of them for the proposal.
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    And then after you're perma-banned from ALL PWE games, PWE will respond back to your bank that you received the goods you ordered, and your bank will take the money back out of your account and charge you a stiff penalty. Depending on the bank, they may even close your account.

they bann me from all bugged games they have ? sounds like a pretty good deal. the other stuff wont happen, never ever.