test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queueing up, takes 45 minutes to wait... no cleric.

inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I did the spider/drow dungeon via Queue. It took me freaggin 45 minutes (if not longer) before I finally got entry... Checking group composition.. No cleric .. great and I'm almost out of pots. We managed to finish the dungeon without wipes, but really? 45 minutes of waiting and not even getting a cleric? :/
Post edited by inmydot on

Comments

• osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just because you have a Dungeon Finder thing does not mean it forces others to use it. Get a friend who's a weird deity worshiping type then maybe things are easier for you.

But mostly in these games people use healers in dungeons then drop them as soon as it's over. So are you really surprised not many wish to play this class?
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    I spent 2 hours in the last 2 days trying to get in a T2 dungeon. Got into 80-90 groups total. No clerics.

You can't do T2 without a cleric or exploiting.

So I didn't. I rolled a cleric myself.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do people complain in MMOS always complain about the lack of a healer or tank, and yet so few people play them......
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Why do people complain in MMOS always complain about the lack of a healer or tank, and yet so few people play them......

people don't like roles that have some form of responsibility. It's always easier to DPS than play supportive roles, plus when things go wrong it's always easy to put the blame on the tank/healer. Then there are those who simply like doing damage and find supporting boring. I like supporting but a bit disappointed in how useless GF is in terms of what its role is meant to be, now just a dps class holding a shield with no use.
  • inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not complaining about not having a healer, I'm complaining about waiting freagging 45 minutes while not having a healer. Considering nobody wants a healer, this group could have been composed after 5 minutes of waiting. After waiting 45 minutes, I EXPECT A HEALER.
  • inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    people don't like roles that have some form of responsibility. It's always easier to DPS than play supportive roles, plus when things go wrong it's always easy to put the blame on the tank/healer. Then there are those who simply like doing damage and find supporting boring. I like supporting but a bit disappointed in how useless GF is in terms of what its role is meant to be, now just a dps class holding a shield with no use.

For this reason I have played support in Aion for the last 1.5 year. I'm tired of it and want something else so I will not bother rolling anything else but TR.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea the queue seems to just at some point decide to run with whoever's in it instead of trying for the perfect (or really, adequate) match. I've done dungeons without a tank before but no cleric isn't really feasible.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you really want a cleric, zone it, or get guildies to come with you. There is a lack of clerics because they act as slaves in this game. They are only there to heal, heal, and buff/heal. They don't have any dps moves while doing a raid, and have to constantly sit back and spam heals all day, and even then, they don't have the base defense stats to sit there and tank/aggro mobs. Still though, with 2 clerics, and 2 rouges, and 1 cw, the party setup is almost perfect if you are running a hard T2 dungeon. Imo, gf/gwf seem useless in most parties though, I'd rather take an extra cleric instead of the tank and an extra rogue/cw instead of the gwf anyday.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol simple reason why people dont wanna do cleric in public groups = team sux and doesnt care if cleric die's, cleric consumes 5x the potions other players use, cleric takes all agro and team is shouting "heal u dumbass HEAL" ore something funky like that.

So i promote the titanic strategy somebody posted a while back,
    u spam one massive heal! u get all the agro and then u run ONE circle to see if ure team takes care of the adds, do they not, u run into them with 30 adds looking at ure *** with enjoyment and u suicide and wipe the entire team.
    This is an educational method of teaching strategy's to people that are not very eager to learn.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH so this que system just throws people at you? LOL another thing is Clerics get an insane agro using something, could be another factor in not many clerics playing at the moment. Also what happened to Battle Clerics? I remember them in 2nd edition ad&d
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    lol simple reason why people dont wanna do cleric in public groups = team sux and doesnt care if cleric die's, cleric consumes 5x the potions other players use, cleric takes all agro and team is shouting "heal u dumbass HEAL" ore something funky like that.

Yep, I had a TR keep "advising" me to "stop hitting things and just heal" last night, also standing in red circles and yelling "HEAL". I was so happy, it was like coming home.
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

u spam one massive heal! u get all the agro and then u run ONE circle to see if ure team takes care of the adds, do they not, u run into them with 30 adds looking at ure *** with enjoyment and u suicide and wipe the entire team.
    This is an educational method of teaching strategy's to people that are not very eager to learn.

I love this so much <3
  • gbobbergbobber Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

^^ This X100 QFT There is NO cleric love going on. I love doing support, I dont mind being the spam healer but DONT stand in red and then whine when you go down. Play well and smart... Dont upset the guys who will try to keep you up, and hey, would it hurt you to throw a pot or 2 our way at the end of good run?
    edited May 2013
    I am creating a battle/tank cleric with the lowest paragon tree, YES u read that right no ****ing moon **** for you team! But hell i wil survive(hopefully xDDDDD)

@ kattefjaes, i sugest standing next to him and pressing astral shield and then going for a drink/have a smoke u know chill for 5 min.
    It's so very educational, some people dont respond to the logical way of learning things....
    If u have popcorn this is ideal for a rant session from TR's, but be adviced u might not be able to hold the popcorn in cuse of laughs.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inmydot wrote: »
    So I did the spider/drow dungeon via Queue. It took me freaggin 45 minutes (if not longer) before I finally got entry... Checking group composition.. No cleric .. great and I'm almost out of pots. We managed to finish the dungeon without wipes, but really? 45 minutes of waiting and not even getting a cleric? :/

What you have to remember is that the dungeon que is exactly that a que a waiting line for your turn to do the instance. It is not a LFG tool, Even if you have a full group of players you can still wait 10 15 20min before hte que will pop if there are already alot of people running that dungeon. Only X amount of people can run the dungeon at one time. So when you que solo you are waiting in line to get in the dungeon with other people that are waiting in line the first 5 people to que will get in.... its better to build a group with the comp you want and then que as a group and wait in line for your turn in the dungeon as a group.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You could solve this problem for yourself by creating a cleric character.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    What you have to remember is that the dungeon que is exactly that a que a waiting line for your turn to do the instance. It is not a LFG tool, Even if you have a full group of players you can still wait 10 15 20min before hte que will pop if there are already alot of people running that dungeon. Only X amount of people can run the dungeon at one time. So when you que solo you are waiting in line to get in the dungeon with other people that are waiting in line the first 5 people to que will get in.... its better to build a group with the comp you want and then que as a group and wait in line for your turn in the dungeon as a group.

What?

It's always functioned to me as attempting to make the perfect group but eventually timing out and putting you with whoever. Whenever I queue with a tank/healer in party it's practically instant.
  • deputydog007deputydog007 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy playing a cleric. As long as the team is good. Clerics are a lot of fun in pvp as well. Very op.
    The problem is that in random groups I dont know if they are able to cut it until the last boss in the dungeon. We wither win or wipes and by then Ive wasted 45 minutes plus the q time. At least I get some seals from the first boss and maybe an item but its still annoying.

TLDR
    If you want people to play clerics. Kill the dam adds.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy playing a cleric. As long as the team is good. Clerics are a lot of fun in pvp as well. Very op.
    The problem is that in random groups I dont know if they are able to cut it until the last boss in the dungeon. We wither win or wipes and by then Ive wasted 45 minutes plus the q time. At least I get some seals from the first boss and maybe an item but its still annoying.

TLDR
    If you want people to play clerics. Kill the dam adds.

Yes, you put your finger on it, you have to invest a lot of time with silent ninjas before you work out if they will even be able play in some faintly useful manner, or just whale blindly on the boss while yelling helpful advice to you, reminding you to "HEAL".

Mainly, if people would just try to kill the fscking adds, that would be a flying start.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

as someone who runs t2's as either a cleric or wizard (both at 60, both 9.6kgs+) i can also tell you that there ar a lot of badly played clerics out there, clerics who burn all of their divine power on sun burst and offensive abilities and do not maintain permanent divine powered astral shields.
  • btknightmare77btknightmare77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a Devoted Cleric and my brother plays a Guardian Fighter. Never have any trouble finding a queue.
    edited May 2013
    I am not playing endgame content yet dixa1, but i agree completely with that aswell, yesterday i played the mad dragon on my lvl 35 GWF, and our cleric dident even have forgemaster skilled in his tree (the most potent of heals at that lvl i think?) this is most likely to be the same case endgame, but in that case the team can do the same and screw over the cleric big time (like usualy happens)
    learning is a 2 way stream imo u give some u take some etc...

I am currently working on a non-moon cleric, i stil have to see how that wil turn out in endgame, but i can see the shouting from afar already when i inform my team :o). I think its mostly mindset related do.... people dont seem to enjoy a good challenge and abandon "playing" way to easily for "greed" in games nowadays....

(btw i seriuesly like this idee of giving the cleric a healing pot at the end of a dungeon, i think i wil be "selling my services" at lvl 60 :))
    For the same greed over playing style most people opt for GF/GWF are not welcome in endgame dungeons, and this saddens me deeply, its like a demonstration of lack of creativity/inovation from a large playerbase...
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    as someone who runs t2's as either a cleric or wizard (both at 60, both 9.6kgs+) i can also tell you that there ar a lot of badly played clerics out there, clerics who burn all of their divine power on sun burst and offensive abilities and do not maintain permanent divine powered astral shields.

Goodness. Prey, tell, what is the secret to being able to burn all of your divine power on sunburst? Mine has an irritating cooldown. Teach us, oh master.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't need a cleric to succeed, as your own example shows. Why then must the game ensure you have a cleric.

If you feel you must have a cleric for a crutch, plan out your own group, either through looking for group, or joining a guild with an ample supply of clerics. If you go the guild route, you'll likely not have to wait the 45 minutes for anything, due to organized runs.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is this different from any other game... If you want a queue roll a cleric or tank. Otherwise do not be shocked that you have to wait.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    I like supporting but a bit disappointed in how useless GF is in terms of what its role is meant to be, now just a dps class holding a shield with no use.

Especially since the GF companion holds agro better than a real player.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a Devoted Cleric and my brother plays a Guardian Fighter. Never have any trouble finding a queue.

I do the same thing... never ever have a problem finding a group.

Now when he is not around being a GF can be challenging when trying to find a T2 group however. The need for 2 clerics +3 DPS meta is so much fun. However I am working on my DC so I can be a real tank.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All these people QQ'ing about lack of clerics. Here's a thought. MAKE ONE.

Everyone wants to play easy mode. The cleric is the hardest of the classes to play, so there is going to be fewer of them compared to rogues and control wizards.

Of course, if u can't game, you will just QQ about how the cleric sucks and go back to your rogue anyway.
  • calidorncalidorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not many people are enjoying playing what this game deems to be a cleric.

It should never have been called a cleric. It barely qualifies as a weak druid. I would expect better heals on a ranger.

There appears to be only one workable set of skill choices so having a skill tree to pick from is garbage as anything other than the accepted build is considered a fail.

Cleric ? bah.

Yes I have a 60 cleric. Seen him in game lately ? No. Will you see him in game again. Unlikely. I don't enjoy playing it.
  • homedragonshomedragons Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing i like in this game is that you can run dungeons and skirmishes without a cleric character, thanks to companions.
    A cleric isnt neccessery to join in, still I wait more than a half hur to fill the queue, a popular game would never accept this !

Thought, the game is in beta, and there are TON of gamers who never play beta games, but only Live versions. Except more players when time passes, people do read forums.

EDIT: PS: Also i feel Cleric skills very AWKWARD ! Thats why i dont play it, and i do like clerics.