test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 05/23/13

Comments

• wolfman0105wolfman0105 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the update ,, hope auction house up, because we need sell and buy :D
  • myyth99myyth99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I can see that, and I apologize if my post came off as defensive or harsh, wasn't the intention, but the debate between "open beta" and "release" at this point is semantics. I view it from the angle of a customer and a tester. Bit of both, because I've spent some money on and bought into this game. I enjoy it. I admit that their angle and approach seems to be more towards the customer rather then focused on progressive testing and bug-squashing, and it might not be the most productive method of getting a finished product any time soon, but at this point it is what it is. I just don't believe that they're doing (or any other developer) for malicious reasons or with an agenda in mind beyond putting out a game, and making money. It's what they do.

And while I'm not going to judge on who you do or don't like, to be fair, Vlad's original post was in response to a forum troll that's been regurgitating the same nonsense all over the forums and I believe He was pretty spot on. Nothing wrong with calling the developer out if you're unhappy, but spouting rhetoric, conspiracy theories, and repeatedly bashing them senselessly with the arguments of an uneducated and overly-opinionated 12 year old without thinking about what you're saying first is not really the way to go about it.

In any case, I believe there's alot that they could change or do/have done differently. For Me, I'm pretty happy with the game as-is.

On Topic: WTB Patch Notes already.
  • tjeuke29tjeuke29 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this community is waaaaaaay better then other games i've played and they are still improving so plz give them some time
  • rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch Notes Please? Also I say we are Getting Ranger and Warlock.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone hoping for new classes? Sure I hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing it will be three or four lines regarding AH and Gateway
  • agenteusaagenteusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I also have a question: Who in hell do you think you are with that self entitling attitude? They don't answer to you so why do you think they should reply to you and not to everyone else individually??

Move along please, your type are the "cancers" of mmo's..
  • myyth99myyth99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone hoping for new classes? Sure I hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing it will be three or four lines regarding AH and Gateway

It's a few pages back, but on the neverwinter twitter feed with the announcement of tonights maintenance, they also tweeted a pic that appears to have what we (think) are new classes oni t.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The talk about new classes has to do with the fact that they purposefully added a screenshot on their Twitter feed when they announced that there was a patch scheduled for today. Could it just be coincidence that they added a screenshot with what appears to be a ranger in it? Sure.

But it certainly is fun speculating.

Also they are quite overdue for the patch notes which they usually have posted before midnight pacific time the day before a patch. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • ebloodzebloodz Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same time again... No Neverwinter for me today :(
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myyth99 wrote: »
    It's a few pages back, but on the neverwinter twitter feed with the announcement of tonights maintenance, they also tweeted a pic that appears to have what we (think) are new classes oni t.
    zurkhon wrote: »
    The talk about new classes has to do with the fact that they purposefully added a screenshot on their Twitter feed when they announced that there was a patch scheduled for today. Could it just be coincidence that they added a screenshot with what appears to be a ranger in it? Sure.

But it certainly is fun speculating.

Also they are quite overdue for the patch notes which they usually have posted before midnight pacific time the day before a patch. ;)

I've seen the pic and read the thread, I do think you guys are reading to much into it though. I think it would be way more hyped if new classes was about to be released. To draw in more players. I doubt they will ever release classes or content without banging on the big drum to let the crowd know about it.
  • chocolatemilklgchocolatemilklg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they fix the glitch in epic cragmire crypts where the mage boss can have his intro animation set off multiple times by having people walk up and down the stairs.
  • matl088matl088 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance probably fixes known map/boss exploits, that's why they wont post the notes till the last minute.
  • rawsome83rawsome83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if only the autojoin/party-queue bug got this attention, we could actually play all the endgame content all the time ;D Please put this bug next on the agenda? <3
    Mayor of herp derp town.
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes:

Fixed issue with cat cape clipping through bodies, all other capes still continue to do so.

That is all thanks for your patience!

--- In all seriousness I really hope we get some interesting patch notes, but not going to get my hopes up I expect exploit fixes.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    I am interested to see where that screenshot goes.
    The quiver is definitely a sign of ranger I would think.

As for the caster... the runes on the mob are the exact same as the interior of the DC's Astral Seal. But it does not have the outer ring that Astral Seal has. Now it could be possible that they took the screenshot the nano-second before the outer ring materialized. But in Live they do seem to materialize together. However it could be faster than the naked eye can detect.

So, I will go with a Two-weapon Ranger and Devoted Cleric (for the sake of uncertainty) as a guess. Although I would be happier than a pig in (bleep) if it were a warlock.

Also they are later than usual posting the Patch Notes. hmmmm :confused:

Finally a friggin' proper dual wielding Ranger. My heart just went BADONKA DONKA DONK.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    To those whose saying it's a Cleric in the background in that picture, it's not. The mark on the mob does not match up with Astral Seal or any other abilities we have.
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The thingy on his back looks like a holder for weapons actaully. Or Something that holds daggers.

But hell I dunno. I hope they don't have an archer in this game because personally I think archers suck.

Long ranged high dps with stuns/silence/aoes? It would be a QQ fest surpassing the already QQ on TR's.

P.s I hate archers.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • numpadicnumpadic Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    e11z wrote: »
    The thingy on his back looks like a holder for weapons actaully. Or Something that holds daggers.

But hell I dunno. I hope they don't have an archer in this game because personally I think archers suck.

Long ranged high dps with stuns/silence/aoes? It would be a QQ fest surpassing the already QQ on TR's.

P.s I hate archers.

And im in love with them, Long ranged high dps with stuns/silence/aoes, they have all you need
  • jhnx9jhnx9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feast of the Moon
    Reign of Misrule
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jhnx9 wrote: »
    Feast of the Moon
    Reign of Misrule

Good answers, I think you want that other thread over that way
    >
    ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • askindavaaskindava Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why of course it's the Feast of the Moon and the Reign of Misrule, every warrior worth his wages knows that!
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We plan to bring back the Auction House after extensive testing and verification.

This is what I'm hoping for *fingerscrossed*
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is what I'm hoping for *fingerscrossed*
    They need to fix the exploits, ban the exploiters/cheaters, then get rid of the pay2win zen to ad system (and I don't mean get rid of it, just look at how much 40 bucks worth of zen can get you though, over 15mil atm). Only then, after the economy is stable should they release the ah. I really hope to see this happen asap, hopefully this weekend, but I doubt it.
  • bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers go down in 45min, and no patch notes? I hopes its an awesome surprise having to deal w/ the quiver in the twitter photo.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no patch notes. I have a feeling this is gonna be a huge dissapointment for many, they really shouldn't have tweeted that picture if its not gonna relate to the update :3

Lets wait and see shall we?
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    They need to fix the exploits, ban the exploiters/cheaters, then get rid of the pay2win zen to ad system (and I don't mean get rid of it, just look at how much 40 bucks worth of zen can get you though, over 15mil atm). Only then, after the economy is stable should they release the ah. I really hope to see this happen asap, hopefully this weekend, but I doubt it.

Not true at all. $1 = 100 Zen. 1 Zen goes for about 375 AD at the moment. Meaning 40$ gives you about 1.5m AD, not 15m AD.
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope i dont get so disapointed with the patch notes this time.
    nothing to see here
  • moaminervamoaminerva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this why I can't log in? I have never played this neverwinter online before and I don't really know much about it, I just want to know if I'm able to log in and if not: what should I do?
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    athrogatez wrote: »
    HAHAHAH even when they say there will be patch notes they still wont let us in on what they are until its patched... Greatest communication ever

AFAIK, maintenance doesn't start for another 24 minutes (and quite a bit longer since the post I'm quoting).. don't they usually wait until after the servers come down before posting the patch notes?
    shadedkin wrote: »
    A lot of the times the things they fix are exploits and bugs that can be exploited. So they don't post what they fix until the server is down (Instead of just bringing down the servers at random times).

Oh, thanks! Beat me to it. Too bad so many people missed this.
    shadedkin wrote: »
    BK6kBuLCAAAqSOB.jpg:large

Personally, I really think too much is being read into this image.
    - Why would a dual-weilding ranger have a quiver?
    - Why would they release another dual-wielding class when there's so much clamoring for an archer?*
    - The guy behind the golem looks like a Guardian Fighter to me. He has a shield, we have a shield wielding class, there's no need to invent another class to explain him.
    - I'm betting the third character is either a cleric or a wizard, and the oddities surrounding the power gfx are due to timing of the screenshot or other settings, and are not likely new powers or classes.
    - Keep in mind, up to 2 more characters could be out of frame casting powers too.

*I know there's a debate as to whether the Ranger will be an Archer or Dual Weilding. I heard where the dual-weilding rumor came from. My money's on Archer. Also, Warlock will be released before the Ranger, whatever it is.

I could be wrong on all of this, but given the evidence and my experience, I'm making my best guess.
    moaminerva wrote: »
    Is this why I can't log in? I have never played this neverwinter online before and I don't really know much about it, I just want to know if I'm able to log in and if not: what should I do?

I don't think the servers are quite down yet. Are you able to log in to the launcher? If not, do you get an error? If you can log into the launcher, but not the game, do you get an error or does it just crash?
    qtPt2I
  • boneleechboneleech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this has the fix to avalanche of the unfinite cool down reduction per rank up.
This discussion has been closed.