test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry sounds and music

Comments

• sirdaynesirdayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just finished publishing a quest where I had placed music at specific intervals (after objective begins the music starts) and I am also having this issue. Looking forward to a fix because I tried playing it without the music and it just wasn't the same. :(

Music played during Foundry editor testing, but the published version has no music. :S

NW-DG58IY44B
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I put a lot of time into the placement of music and sound effects in the quest. I hope this is addressed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    this is pretty off topic, but i don't know where to ask this...
    Doesn anyone have the bug that can't create new thread?
    In the upper part of the forum that's this message:

"Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. "

This short period of time is from the first day of the open beta... it's not strange?

O_O
  • kturiskturis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Could the issue possibly involve On-Demand Patching? I was thinking about why something like this might happen, and that kinda made sense. I really don't know, but just throwing it out there...
    Avicious
    Community Outreach Group
    Grievance | Dragon Server
    A Multi-Game Organization - http://www.grievanceguild.com
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kturis wrote: »
    Could the issue possibly involve On-Demand Patching? I was thinking about why something like this might happen, and that kinda made sense. I really don't know, but just throwing it out there...

No, it most likely has nothing to do with that and isn't fixed by enabling or disabling the patching. Regardless, speculation appears to be moot at this point since the bug has been fixed. I'm hoping we'll see the fix in today's patch.
  • kturiskturis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    No, it most likely has nothing to do with that and isn't fixed by enabling or disabling the patching. Regardless, speculation appears to be moot at this point since the bug has been fixed. I'm hoping we'll see the fix in today's patch.

Good to hear!
    Avicious
    Community Outreach Group
    Grievance | Dragon Server
    A Multi-Game Organization - http://www.grievanceguild.com
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No fix in today's patch then. Maybe next time...
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    No fix in today's patch then. Maybe next time...

Ya i think you can blame all those degenerate exploiters. Their greed probably made cryptic push Foundry fixes to the dark cobweb infested corners of the office while they dealt with the current problems.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya i think you can blame all those degenerate exploiters. Their greed probably made cryptic push Foundry fixes to the dark cobweb infested corners of the office while they dealt with the current problems.

Grr.. I hope the fix comes soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jordiadhdjordiadhd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've have the same problem too,
    My quest: NWS-DOSKZT9XU
    is a quest of 50 minutes, i worked a few hours to get en everything sound, and... it worked, only on the foundry itself.
    so i put this quest online, and i played it and there wasn't any sound at all, pretty boring quest i made without any sound.

i hope the update will come very fast!!!
  • beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    In my quest, I have two lots of explosion sounds occur (one when a tunnel collapses in the next room and the other when goblins blow open a hole in a wall, again in the next room). Unfortunately, while you hear both the rock collapse and the detonation in the Foundry Play-Through, you do not hear either sound during a published 'public' playthrough.

My quest is [BU] The Temple of Lathander (NW-DG9JK3CAV). The first 'rock-collapse' explosion occurs just after the 'Kill the Goblin King' quest element while the 'detonation' explosion occurs just after the 'plant the explosive runes and run' quest element.

Great game Perfect World
  • rawmettlerawmettle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just adding another signature to the petition for foundry map sounds.
    -RawMettle
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't see this on the patch notes for today :( Am I crazy to hope that it's in there and they just forgot to get it added to the notes?
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
    edited May 2013
    The sound fix is not in the patch notes for today. Thus, it will not get fixed, yet again. After they promised to fix it a couple of weeks ago. Disappointing. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    The sound fix is not in the patch notes for today. Thus, it will not get fixed, yet again. After they promised to fix it a couple of weeks ago. Disappointing. :(

No they didn't. This is what they said:
    Hey Gang,
    Just wanted to let you know that we have identified the problem and are getting the fix in to QA.

Since this is a pretty big issue that affects us all. I wanted to make sure you got an update on our progress.

Thanks again for hanging in there.

<edit to clarify> A fix for the audio placed in a quest not playing post publish.

There was no deadline promise. Only that a fix was going to Quality Assurance.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic WTF?!
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
    edited May 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    No they didn't. This is what they said:

There was no deadline promise. Only that a fix was going to Quality Assurance.

I was looking everywhere for that post and figured it had been removed. When they said getting the fix in I took that as meaning they had a fix, and they just had to get it to the right people to implement it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Now people are commenting that I should have put a harvesting item on the map. Next they'll ask for dragons and cutscenes I guess.

...and real bosses...
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    ...and real bosses...

Don't forget better loot and sounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    It is being addressed...
    it's been a month. where is the fix? :(
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
    edited May 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    it's been a month. where is the fix? :(

Been longer than a month, I heard from some alpha testers that this has been an issue since before the closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since there's no guarantee that Cryptic ever fix this one day, it would be awesome if you guys could put links for some recommanded playlists for your quests in their description. I know it's more work and most of you are already doing grand things, so please don't take it as an inappropriate request, it's merely a suggestion.
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »
    Since there's no guarantee that Cryptic ever fix this one day, it would be awesome if you guys could put links for some recommanded playlists for your quests in their description. I know it's more work and most of you are already doing grand things, so please don't take it as an inappropriate request, it's merely a suggestion.

I could recommend a bunch of old Heavy Metal to make your ears bleed. Or you could just play Regular Quest (NW-DADXEQ4QH), the sounds actually work in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by zovya
    Now people are commenting that I should have put a harvesting item on the map. Next they'll ask for dragons and cutscenes I guess.
    ...and real bosses...
    chili1179 wrote: »
    ...and real bosses...

And I was totally wrong, because the next complaint was that I didn't have voice overs. 1-star!
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I could recommend a bunch of old Heavy Metal to make your ears bleed. Or you could just play Regular Quest (NW-DADXEQ4QH), the sounds actually work in it.

Hey <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I like heavy metal but associating it with fantasy is just poor taste imo. And I have absolutely no interest in your quests.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »
    Hey <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I like heavy metal but associating it with fantasy is just poor taste imo. And I have absolutely no interest in your quests.
    Brutal Legend
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/
    edited May 2013

Great game. BTW, lots of heavy metal songs are great for Fantasy. Dio even played D&D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    people getting 1 star for no voice overs...... LOL
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    people getting 1 star for no voice overs...... LOL

Yep, hilarious. Took a screenshot and everything.
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just adding my sig. to the disappointment list. Yes it sucks that the sounds don't work!! breaks immersion complacently. Oh well may be it will get fixed soon Or NOT.