test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trading Reviews! Free all day today!

coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Ok, so the general rule applies, priority goes to those who actually run and review my dungeon NW-DQF4T7QYH. I'll be running a Dwarven Guardian Fighter, low level for the most part, if you need your quest tested with some other class please include that in your post.

This section reserved for UGC I will be reviewing:
NW-DR6GFKXC4
@tonylanglet

NW-DMIME87F5
@ovaltine

NW-DL7DFRIEF
@plutovich
Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
Post edited by coanunn on

Comments

• Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd appreciate a review.
  • Options
    gilidusgilidus Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed your foundry Coanunn. The writing was good and the enemies were varied. It felt too short though and you may run into problems hitting the 15 minute mark. You could solve this by adding more enemies, just don't go overboard or people will know you're padding it.

I also feel that at the part where you encounter the invisible wall in the miniboss room (think it was an orc), the wall should have an effect. You might want to look into using the "ghost bridge" (think that's the name) in that doorway. Place it vertically and you'd have a great magical effect as visual feedback for why people cannot enter.

Edit: Also when you rescue the girl (Victoria? something with a V), and have to fight the mobs around her before you can talk to her, I noticed you used an invisible cube that disappears after the mobs are dead. This restricted my movement artificially and was a minor annoyance. Perhaps place an npc in her spot that doesn't say anything and phase it out when the mobs are dead. Then have the conversation npc phase in.

All things considered, good job.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my foundry. It's the one in my signature.
    Labyrinth of the Pso'nul'ja - NW-DAIIR7LMF
  • Options
    talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Finished and reviewed your quest. Pretty good job!

When mine is actually finished, I'll be back to post my code :)
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    I'd appreciate a review.

Slaidz, That was a well made quest. While I personally didn't enjoy it, I think that was more a style issue. I could definitely see the effort put in, a few things that would have pushed it up from 4 to a 5 for me would have been more varried encounters, There were several points where it felt like you dropped an encounter down then just copy and pasted it willy nilly around to fill the map. Mix up which encounters you use and also do not copy and paste encounters as there were several times where it swapped the model so that the enforcer was the sniper and vice versa.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gilidus wrote: »
    Edit: Also when you rescue the girl (Victoria? something with a V), and have to fight the mobs around her before you can talk to her, I noticed you used an invisible cube that disappears after the mobs are dead. This restricted my movement artificially and was a minor annoyance. Perhaps place an npc in her spot that doesn't say anything and phase it out when the mobs are dead. Then have the conversation npc phase in.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll be honest, I'm not overly worried about the time line of people completing it and I certainly don't think I'll be adding any additional fights in order to stretch it, though I have considered adding a final map that details your actual escape from the dungeon. I would also wager you were running a TR, which of course clears quite a bit faster. The Cleric and CW I've had test it actually stated it took each of them close to 30 minutes with the content that was already in the dungeon.

As to your comment above, it's simply not possible with the current limitations of the foundry. If I remove the invisble walls you ran into the mobs attack the NPC rather than the player. The only way currently to keep that from happening is as you see in the current version. If by some chance Cryptic lets us toggle an NPC to not be interactive to other monsters this would be an issue.

I'll certainly look into an effect on the warded door, that makes perfect sense. Did you by chance find the hidden area for your own class?
  • Options
    xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, could you check my quest out? I think it has a nice mix of elements to it. I have patched it twice already and think it is better than ever.

Name: The Lich Queen's Challenge
    ID: NW-DEDSKHOIP

Later today my friend (liqfire) and I will try out your quest (in a party because that's how we roll). So you'll get two reviews.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Did you by chance find the hidden area for your own class?

I found several areas that were locked to my class. There was one secret area that I did open but I'm not sure if it was class specific. There was a cave area with some skeletons and green smoke.

Edit: You were correct. I was on TR, so that would explain the shorter completion time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I found several areas that were locked to my class. There was one secret area that I did open but I'm not sure if it was class specific. There was a cave area with some skeletons and green smoke.

Shouldn't have been skeletons but yes, that was the TR hidden door.

I ran yours, it was very well done. Unforunately I was unable to finish it. Not sure why but I could not find the path to the "hidden sanctum". I took the time to explore all the "wrong" portals and it was fun how you included things to "punish" those who didn't read the hit objects. I'm sure I just missed something small that would have lead me to the end but I was getting pretty pissed of having to run back through so much of the dungeon over again at that point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All I can say without spoiling it (were you to play again): The things you find in the library are important to solving that area.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xenopz1 wrote: »
    Hello, could you check my quest out? I think it has a nice mix of elements to it. I have patched it twice already and think it is better than ever.

Name: The Lich Queen's Challenge
    ID: NW-DEDSKHOIP

Later today my friend (liqfire) and I will try out your quest (in a party because that's how we roll). So you'll get two reviews.

Very well put together, especially the ending ramping up in difficulty. Fights were varied and extremely engaging. I loved the part where you put the avatar in to interact with regarding the story and other such OOC things. Very well done indeed.
    All I can say without spoiling it (were you to play again): The things you find in the library are important to solving that area.

I likely will try it again on my TR who kills a bit faster. I think more than anything it was the fact that on the GW you move so slowly at lower levels and frankly on the 5th re-run to get back into where you can search for the ending I was just mentally cooked. I am glad I chose though to do the "wrong" portals as well as it certainly shows a lot of thought went into the design.
  • Options
    tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Hi, i'd like to review your quest when i finish to work today.
    If you'd like to do the same, you can reply to my thread (click on my banner for my quest and thread too).
    Sorry for my bad english :)

Cheers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tarum89 wrote: »
    Hi, i'd like to review your quest when i finish to work today.
    If you'd like to do the same, you can reply to my thread (click on my banner for my quest and thread too).
    Sorry for my bad english :)

Cheers

Very fun, left my comments in game.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Shadowed Invasion (Campaign)

Short Code: NWS-DS65BLNMA
    Number of quests currently in campaign: 2 + one early preview.
    Number of quests planned for campaign: 4
    Heavily story based with some exploration and combat.

First quest: "The Crypt of Shadows.
    Short Code: NW-DBGXQLI9L
    Duration: 15-20 minutes.
    Most of the quest is a maze with three items needed to progress the quest in it.

Second quest: "Shadowed Motives"
    Short Code: NW-DKAXWZGCG
    Duration: 35-40 minutes.

Third quest: "A Visit to the Shadowfell"
    A short, unfinished preview has been released, it currently only has the first map, no detail objects other then ones in quest objectives, and likely several typos.

You don't have to bother with the third one if you don't want to.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A Shadowed Invasion (Campaign)

Short Code: NWS-DS65BLNMA
    Number of quests currently in campaign: 2 + one early preview.
    Number of quests planned for campaign: 4
    Heavily story based with some exploration and combat.

First quest: "The Crypt of Shadows.
    Short Code: NW-DBGXQLI9L
    Duration: 15-20 minutes.
    Most of the quest is a maze with three items needed to progress the quest in it.

Third quest: "A Visit to the Shadowfell"
    A short, unfinished preview has been released, it currently only has the first map, no detail objects other then ones in quest objectives, and likely several typos.

You don't have to bother with the third one if you don't want to.

Mate, first and foremost let me say vary up the rooms! Throw in some different chambers. All hallways made that map just feel padded for length. I never felt like I was accomplishing anything or seeing anything new. If I hadn't been chatting in foundry chat I'd have gone nutz. The story felt rushed, though I got the feeling from the NPC that was intentional. Solid 3 stars, very good for a first effort. I'd love to run it again if you decide to change the map design to have more rooms and decor and maybe even some customized enemies to make it feel more interesting.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Just about to hop into your adventure for a run, and I'll report back here with feedback when I'm done. I'd appreciate it if you tried out one of my quests. Here is the feedback thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?279091-My-first-quest-in-2-versions-Story-and-Epic
    and here is the quick link NWS-DNSXY8Z2F
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mate, first and foremost let me say vary up the rooms! Throw in some different chambers. All hallways made that map just feel padded for length. I never felt like I was accomplishing anything or seeing anything new. If I hadn't been chatting in foundry chat I'd have gone nutz. The story felt rushed, though I got the feeling from the NPC that was intentional. Solid 3 stars, very good for a first effort. I'd love to run it again if you decide to change the map design to have more rooms and decor and maybe even some customized enemies to make it feel more interesting.

Thanks for trying it, I do plan on customizing the encounters a little bit, I thought it had the same issue actually. The second one contains 100% customized enemies (Some more than others, there are a couple where it is just a couple small clothing changes.) and progresses the story a lot more if you want to give it a try (Don't feel like you have to though.). I tried yours, it was great, I gave it five stars.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Just about to hop into your adventure for a run, and I'll report back here with feedback when I'm done. I'd appreciate it if you tried out one of my quests. Here is the feedback thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?279091-My-first-quest-in-2-versions-Story-and-Epic
    and here is the quick link NWS-DNSXY8Z2F

Ranncore, I'm actually wrapping things up for the night, but you are at the second on the list for tomorrow, right behind Oragnfree's second UGC. Thanks for the reviews guys!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Excellent use of invisible walls for DM text. Very clever.
    Might as well rename the mimic, who knows how long it will be til we have access to them in the foundry.
    I like to put Knowledge: Arcana or Skill: Thievery in front of dialogues that require those. Doesn't mean you have to, but it's nice for the player, to be able to say, "I'm going to play this with my Rogue next so I can get this thing."
    Too avoid taking the character OOC for the warning about the barracks room, you might consider adding this warning to the dialogue with Victoria instead.
    All the rooms are extremely well decorated and polished! Any player should be able to tell you put a lot of effort into making sure your hallways don't look like the generic hallways every foundry author has access too and that makes a big difference in your quest.

All in all, besides some very minor grammatical/punctuation errors, this was a very well done little dungeon crawl!
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    my quest is in sign. Tomorrow i'll surely play yours ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    bgmasterbgbgmasterbg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be really happy if you could review mine :)

The Catacombs of Artorias
    Short code: NW-DJ48BOX5G
    Starts at: Protector's Enclave
    Average Duration: 15-20 minutes
    Amount of Combat: A good amount (several hard encounters)
    Meant for Solo play
    Version: 1.0
    Initial Release

A merchant and his helper were travelling from Neverdeath Graveyards to Protector's Enclave but the road was closed due to recent attacks of Gargoyles. The merchant really had to deliver the goods she was carrying as fast as possible if she wanted to get paid. They decided to go through The Catacombs of Artorias. There were strange rumors about people hearing and seeing things when going there and that's where her helper disappeared. The merchant wants you to find her. Do you have what it takes to complete this challenge ?

More about Artorias is explained in the quest.
    Inspired from Dark Souls.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Starting up again after maintenance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @OrangeFree

Ok.. let me start by saying this suffers from the same thing the first one does, it's simply looks thrown together. No real deco, nothing to make it look alive, no immersion at all. The fights are not customized at all and with the guard encounter you also get no xp for that entire part of the map. The house is bare, you didn't bother to furnish it at all. The 3 map is where I just dropped the quest, it's an empty plain filled only with that purple shadow fog, which makes finding the objectives nearly impossible since you have the path set to the unlocks but not the items. This gives the player a huge bank of fog to just wander through aimlessly (no point of reference as you put in no decor) to hope to find a quest item that they may not see because of the fog animation.

I know what you tired to do, and it will be good after you put some polish into it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @OrangeFiree

Ok.. let me start by saying this suffers from the same thing the first one does, it's simply looks thrown together. No real deco, nothing to make it look alive, no immersion at all. The fights are not customized at all and with the guard encounter you also get no xp for that entire part of the map. The house is bare, you didn't bother to furnish it at all. The 3 map is where I just dropped the quest, it's an empty plain filled only with that purple shadow fog, which makes finding the objectives nearly impossible since you have the path set to the unlocks but not the items. This gives the player a huge bank of fog to just wander through aimlessly (no point of reference as you put in no decor) to hope to find a quest item that they may not see because of the fog animation.

I know what you tired to do, and it will be good after you put some polish into it.

I knew I was forgetting a few things in the house. As for the shadowspawn, they actually are customized though I do plan on adding a few new types. XP is something I can not control, sorry. Thank you for the feedback on the field of shadows, those kind of objectives are hard to test since I know where to go.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Outside, some large branches next to a tree are horizontal though the ground is angled.
    The wheelbarrow outside the refuse disposal is floating in the air.
    Highpriestess Himsa is not centered on the altar. There is an invisible wall next to her as well if you go there before rescuing the women, but no obvious reason for it.
    When rescuing Victoria: "The lord *spit* Neverember", Lord should be capitalized here as it's used as a title.
    It would be nice to turn off the "tavern sound" type effect where the goblins are doing their drinking once combat begins or you killed them. Not sure that's possible in Foundry though.

It was enjoyable, it's possible to move through the dungeon out of the story order, which can lead to some odd things like entering the goblin bedroom before the goblin leader is there, and entering the temple before anything is there.

NW-DGCLYXZW5 (The story for this quest assumes you finished my previous campaign)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I ran yours, it was very well done. Unforunately I was unable to finish it. Not sure why but I could not find the path to the "hidden sanctum". I took the time to explore all the "wrong" portals and it was fun how you included things to "punish" those who didn't read the hit objects. I'm sure I just missed something small that would have lead me to the end but I was getting pretty pissed of having to run back through so much of the dungeon over again at that point.

I updated my foundry today and added more clues to the library/cave puzzle. Hopefully it is somewhat easier now, I had suspected from the start that that area might be too difficult to solve.
  • Options
    tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Me and my girlfriend just played your quest. It was nice and well structured, by the way i had the "bug" after the final chest that i was unable to write my review (it's not the first time from me unlucky), but my girlfriend did it for me. I told her to write my name too (Tarum) in his review in the game.
    Very nice placement of the mobs and dialogues that open up with invisible object, i liked also the storm in the beginning.
    The only thing that for me brings you a bit away from the 5 (we give you 4) it's because it ended very fast afted the priestess, it was unespected...
    If you'd like to play my quest, you qwill find the thread on my banner. Also please wrote there your critiques :)
    Sorry for my english :/

Cheers!
  • Options
    markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I have my quest listed in the signature. Just post your information on my post so I can record it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • Options
    cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just published mine with some miner fixes. If you could check it that would be appreciated. When I get home I will try to do the same to yours.

NW-DJFPLPM4G "The Insane Asylum"

Thanks.
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi
    Have just reviewed your quest. Could you help return the favour?

Thanks

Short code: NW-DFEKZANXF
    Name: 3 Suns Aligned
    Author: @pavvo
    Est. Time: 19min Solo mode. Can be duoed.
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256451-3-Suns-Aligned-Part-1-of-the-Amulet-of-the-Suns-campaign

Short Code: NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    Name: Holy Symbol of Khyber
    Author: @pavvo
    Est Time: 15 min solo. Can be duoed
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256431-Holy-Symbol-of-Khyber-A-short-quest
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unexpected events kept me out of game all day today, I'll make an updated list and get reviews going again starting tomorrow afternoon through the weekend.

Thank you for all the feedback!