test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ban on chat? what the hell!

syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was just looking for people to do castle never. Got baned from zone chat. Ok I get but I also get ban on party chat and guild chat and whispers. Can someone change this stupidity !!!
>>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
Post edited by syfylis on

Comments

• kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't spam and you wont get banned
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    About half my friend's list got the same thing. The fact that you can't talk in group, guild chat and whisper is beyond hilarious.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree they need to review cases for possible abuse and griefing, where rules lawyers are reporting everythign as spam, however, people also do need to stop spamming. Zone chat looks like a hot mess nowdays.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Don't spam and you wont get banned

Absurd, 4-5 people ignore you and you are auto-banned. When you start learning the truth, start posting again, otherwise stfu
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Absurd, 4-5 people ignore you and you are auto-banned. When you start learning the truth, start posting again, otherwise stfu

Grow up. If 4-5 people are putting you on ignore, there is a reason.
  • mtragemoarmtragemoar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a side note a guy in my guild giving out hundreds of coalescent wards dreadsteads and cats away for free before the servers went down for rollback seems so be solo botting karrundax caverns now. Pretty sure he sells cats to guildies for 40g each and wards for 2g.

Enjoy your mute
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simply dont understand this, even less in a game in which you can just close or easly ignore zone chat. I dont talk while i play so it would be hard for me to get such a ban. Why is it so important to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> other players by banning them from chat? Is it so hard for you guys to just ignore people? Is is some kind of nerd-rage fix people get from reporting others for stupid things like that?
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm i could see some trolls actually ban griefing by getting people in their guild to ignore others for no good reason. this isn't a good system.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    Simply dont understand this, even less in a game in which you can just close or easly ignore zone chat. I dont talk while i play so it would be hard for me to get such a ban. Why is it so important to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> other players by banning them from chat? Is it so hard for you guys to just ignore people? Is is some kind of nerd-rage fix people get from reporting others for stupid things like that?

Its the internet, if people can grief other people sans consequence, they will. Thats why I said it needs to be reviewed as well. If the same people are flagging tons of folks for spam, they are either friends, or 5 accounts that belong to the same person, and maybe they need to be banned as well.
  • kobayashimeowkobayashimeow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The claim that you can be banned by five people putting you on "ignore" is widespread, but is not supported by the evidence. The little bit of testing that has actually been done on this indicates that it requires much more than 5 people.

IMO, if you're annoying that many people, you deserve to be chatbanned.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I find funny is, I'm pretty honest in game like I am on the forums, and haven't had this happen yet. Has to be the work of de deval'... We even had about 15 or so of us test this about a week ago, and it didn't even kick in with 10-14.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013

Agreed, but it shouldn't apply to private chats like group, guild and whispers.
    edited May 2013
    ideagoras wrote: »
    Agreed, but it shouldn't apply to private chats like group, guild and whispers.
    I agree on that point.
  • desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many useless threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didnt see those channels or its not obvious that they exist if they do. Then again, why does it bother people so much that people are asking to go in groups or trying to trade stuff. I report gold farmers when they send me emails but the LFG or WTB folks? People being all worked up by that really need to buy a punching bag to vent their daily anger.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad system is bad.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I /ignore plenty of people and I doubt being put on /ignore would count towards getting you muted. I always /report spam people who double-tap (or even triple-tap) their messages in the space of 2 or 3 seconds, no matter what their messages are. Who wouldn't. They're the mmorpg chat equivalent of graffiti.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The claim that you can be banned by five people putting you on "ignore" is widespread, but is not supported by the evidence. The little bit of testing that has actually been done on this indicates that it requires much more than 5 people.

It is Cryptic fact. It was confirmed on this forum. It is a griefing mechanic nothing more. So continue you uneducated dbs, we are laughing at you
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Grow up. If 4-5 people are putting you on ignore, there is a reason.

You don't comprehend the irony
    edited May 2013
    It is Cryptic fact. It was confirmed on this forum. It is a griefing mechanic nothing more. So continue you uneducated dbs, we are laughing at you
    I'm not sure why you feel it's necessary to be rude.

I'm not disputing that you can be chatbanned by being /ignored. I am disputing that it takes only 4-5 /ignores to do it. This is a widespread belief, but I'm not aware of any evidence supporting it. The evidence I have seen indicates that it takes more than 14 /ignores or spam reports to trigger a chatban (I don't know how many more).
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also sometimes if someone else is spamming the channel, and you post a legit message while the spam is happening, others might accidentally click on your name instead of the spammer's (Since chat is scrolling fast) and youll get banned
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Provide the proof.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • rd87rd87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Provide the proof.

"This system is designed to quickly mute true spammers such as Gold Spam Bots, but sometimes inncents get caught in the mix." - Ambisinisterr

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?279362-Flagged-as-a-spammer-24h-Chat-Ban/page13 bottom of page.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know there has been afew thread about this, and i tried on mindflayer, and i asked to people to report me for spam, but not aggressively like gold spam aggressive, just asked * Am testing chat mute feature, please spam/ignore me* u know i asked the same thing over 10 mins, every 30 secs and.. no i wasnt chat muted. So i dont really know how the feature works, maybe people didnt take me serious or they didnt find my request spam worthy.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rd87 wrote: »
    "This system is designed to quickly mute true spammers such as Gold Spam Bots, but sometimes inncents get caught in the mix." - Ambisinisterr

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?279362-Flagged-as-a-spammer-24h-Chat-Ban/page13 bottom of page.

I see nothing in Ambisinisterr's post that proves, or even indicates, that a player can be muted by just a few reports.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    With my testing ignore does not mute you (at least not 30 ignores).

Also with my testing, it takes about 15 Spam reports to mute you.

I understand this game has no LFG or Trade chat. But you people who spam the same thing 3-5 times in a row are not helping anything and causing the zone chat in town to be much much worse.

If I see 3 of the same message in my chat window I spam report you. Why? Because you are spamming and causing the zone chat to be even harder to read.

I don't care if you are wanting to sell something for AD because 1: you can't trade AD from person to person, you have to use the auction house. And 2. The Auction house is down.

I don't want to buy any of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gold and I don't want to sell mine for gold. Gold is nigh useless in this game, I only use it to buy potions and kits.

I understand you feel the need to let everyone know you are selling that crappy gear though, and I don't report you if you aren't spamming.
    edited May 2013
    hardpeck1 wrote: »
    If I see 3 of the same message in my chat window I spam report you. Why? Because you are spamming and causing the zone chat to be even harder to read.

What is there to read in zone chat? You do realize that we are talking about people in protectors enclave? People there talk about how games are WoW clones and complain about just anything. Man its so hard to just close a channel you dont like? People spamming LFG or WTS are probably the least offensive chat you can get there.
  • hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    What is there to read in zone chat? You do realize that we are talking about people in protectors enclave? People there talk about how games are WoW clones and complain about just anything. Man its so hard to just close a channel you dont like? People spamming LFG or WTS are probably the least offensive chat you can get there.

Try finding a group during dungeon delve time when people are spamming.

A few spam reports and you can all of a sudden read who's looking for a group, what class they are and what their gearscore is.

There are reasons to read zone chat.
  • zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PRO TIP: Don't copy and paste the same line more than once in a row or even within a few lines, people WILL ignore/report you, and if you do it in a populated place like Protector's Enclave you will very easily get enough reports to trigger the chat ban. I'm not talking 4-5 here, it takes about 20+ people in order for it to trigger.

It doesn't matter what you have to say, you could be giving away free cats, or selling gold, or trying to get a group together. Don't paste the same thing multiple times in a row. Why? Look at zone chat. See how quickly everything scrolls by? It's hard enough as it is for people to communicate in this channel, and when someone decides to take up multiple lines of chat to get their message out there all it does is contributes to the already chaotic chat, and people will ignore/report you for it. End of story.
    edited May 2013
    Doubt it will change anything or that the chat will clear up just because you reported a few people. Actually i have never seen anything change in zone chat. Yes you will see people getting excited writings things like "Reported for Spam!!!!"

Right after that, you will see more of the same and people get angry because they got muted for a few hours and start reporting everyone just because they can.
This discussion has been closed.