test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maximizing Rogue DPS in Endgame Dungeons

tsukimarotsukimaro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How do you maximize Rogue DPS in endgame dungeons?
Post edited by tsukimaro on

Comments

• daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a Rogue...just play
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsukimaro wrote: »

Faceroll the keyboard. Blindly whale on boss, ignoring adds and red circles. Abuse cleric. Also, potions are heavy and will encumber you, reducing your DPS, so be sure to not waste time carrying those. Rinse and repeat.
  • tsukimarotsukimaro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean potions will encumber you? At high end game don't you need potions? Cleric can't keep up right?
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tsukimaro, this is what is referred to as 'sarcasm', dude's making fun of the way certain rogues play.

But yeah, rogues do have the best single-target DPS in the game without trying very hard. If you want to squeeze out every last single bit of damage, sadly I can't help you as I've only played GWF and Cleric.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsukimaro wrote: »

12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • tsukimarotsukimaro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I'm just wondering as a new rogue
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Reroll a GWF, ure dps wil be unseen
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Faceroll the keyboard. Blindly whale on boss, ignoring adds and red circles. Abuse cleric. Also, potions are heavy and will encumber you, reducing your DPS, so be sure to not waste time carrying those. Rinse and repeat.

hahahaha :)
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, and welcome to the game. I suggest you check out this awesome sticky post of builds (Master List of Class Builds) by Imivo. It contains guides regarding several builds for Trickster Rogues, majority of them are coincidentally DPS-centered so I'm pretty sure you won't have a hard time looking for your answers within these guides.
  • scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is as much people think playing a rouge is cake, you still see bad rogues.
  • viyroeviyroe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets actually answer the question shall we....

Assuming you are executioner:

Duelists Flurry is a must

Rotation:
    -Stealth
    -Duelists Flurry till ur done with ur animation directly into a Lashing Blade. If you are slow do it after the 2nd swing on Duelists Flurry(Stealth that is).
    -Shadow Strike
    -Stealth
    -Duelists Flurry till ur done with ur animation directly into a Wicked Reminder. If you are slow do it after the 2nd swing on Duelists flurry(Stealth that is).
    -If you can regain your stealth bar w/o having to shadow strike etc you can actually squeeze in 2 Wicked Reminders (in stealth) per Lashing Blade cooldown.
    -Dailies: >3 Mobs and actually killing mobs use Whirlwind of Blades
    -Dailies: If there are less then 3 mobs and / or you are just blowing up the boss use Shocking Execution.

Don't be afraid to Shocking Execution frequently - You should be able to quite often on bosses. Not all of them are squishy. If you feel like you can't squeak in more then 1 then wait.

While being a "rogue" is cake just like every class there are actual in depth rotations. This isn't as easy to pull off while dealing with mechanics as all you morons seem to think.

11k GS TR / GWF. GWF was my main till I swaped.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    viyroe wrote: »
    11k gs tr / gwf. Gwf was my main till i swaped.

shocking! ;)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg