test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The question dodging video that put up a lot of red flags

pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://youtu.be/Z0E6Yw-M1YY?t=41m10s

7th February "So we haven't started talking about the monetisation strategy, yet"

"In our mind the way to make a successful free to play game, is the same way you make a successful non free to play game. You make an awesome game. You make an awesome game that people enjoy playing and that they have fun playing and they don't feel frustrated with"

Just listen to the dishonest question dodging. He also lied.

"There's a lot of models that we've seen that add frustration to the player experience, that's definitely not our goal.

Looks like you learned nothing from older games. Your goal was a early economy collapse, badly outdated and broken party, looting and chat system?

"So it's a little bit of a roundabout answer"

No, it's not. It completely ignores the question.

"When it's something that feels restrictive, that feels like er, it's holding back those people who are gonna love this game (the target audience, whales), that's not what we want to do.

"We look for ways to make people enjoy the experience and wanna hang around longer and want to be invested in the game."

Inventory space, bank space, enchants and the useless identifying system sure are good for contradicting that.
Post edited by pinchyskrii on

Comments

• glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

Give me a break dude. "Dishonest question dodging"? Just go play something else man. Why do you have to disparage this game and hurt the remaining people that enjoy it?

It's awful what all you complainers and conspiracy nuts are doing. Any potential player than comes here is going to read all you negative poison and not even download the game and try it.

Why are you all so vindictive because you got a free video game and didn't like it?
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We look for ways to make people enjoy the experience and wanna hang around longer and want to be invested in the game."

Well, PW/Cryptic, if that's your goal, then you need to seriously unlinearize the leveling content, because I simply can't stand to go through this railroad quest path again.
    glannigan wrote: »
    Just go play something else man.

That's precisely what I'm going to do, since I've got more than one F2P game out available that are, IMO, superior to this thing.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

Give me a break dude. "Dishonest question dodging"? Just go play something else man. Why do you have to disparage this game and hurt the remaining people that enjoy it?

It's awful what all you complainers and conspiracy nuts are doing. Any potential player than comes here is going to read all you negative poison and not even download the game and try it.

Why are you all so vindictive because you got a free video game and didn't like it?

Did he answer the question?

No.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing what you can read into something if you try. So here's what I read in the OP:

OMG, I got banned for exploiting, and had to create a new account to flame the game more. Am I doing it right?

He did answer the question. Even reading your cherrypicked responses I can see that he did. I can't help you if you can't see the answer in the video, and no, I'm not going to spend 2 hours breaking it down so my granddaughter could understand it. She's 10, so I might have to break it down quite a bit. Whether or not they are going on track for that remains to be seen, based on people feeling like every thing in the CS should be free, or next to it, but more will be revealed as time goes on, whether I'm still around to see it or not.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

And why do you feel the need to enter every thread brandishing your forum sword? The devs do not need you fighting for them. You are just feeding the disgruntled.
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

lol

at

the drama

queen
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing what you can read into something if you try. So here's what I read in the OP:

OMG, I got banned for exploiting, and had to create a new account to flame the game more. Am I doing it right?

No. I'm not banned. Weak strawman.
    He did answer the question.

No.
    Even reading your cherrypicked responses I can see that he did.

No. They are also not cherry picked. That makes no sense at all. How can I cherry pick if I quote him word for word?
    I can't help you if you can't see the answer in the video

You can't help anyone because there was no answer to what you can buy just some crappy philosophical answer that dodges it.
    edited May 2013
    No. I'm not banned. Weak strawman.

No.

No. They are also not cherry picked. That makes no sense at all. How can I cherry pick if I quote him word for word?

You can't help anyone because there was no answer to what you can buy just some crappy philosophical answer that dodges it.

Since you don't understand what cherry picking is, I will just have to leave you wondering what's going on in the video. It's really no great loss to me. I understood the implications in what he said, you didn't, and I'm not going to take the time to explain it. My sister is a school teacher, I am not.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    Since you don't understand

If you really believe this particular company (PWE) and their minions (Cryptic) are going to be honest (p2w) then there's no point trying to discuss further, you are naive. I'll leave you with one clue: there is a history you are not taking into consideration.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you guys stop quoting glannigan is on my ignore list by I still have to see all his BS in your quoted post.

Thanks
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "I'm going to kill everyone" of these **** bugs in my house, cherry picking, to use or only state a portion of what was actually said/stated.
    Glad I could help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
    edited May 2013
    banecrushr wrote: »
    "I'm going to kill everyone" of these **** bugs in my house, cherry picking, to use or only state a portion of what was actually said/stated.
    Glad I could help

It would be "every one" which means a whole other thing, with or without cutting off the rest of the sentence.

You didn't prove a thing with that example.
  • bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    You must have not liked the game. That sucks.
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not a not-for-profit mmo dude. ftp does not mean no profit for the devs. they simply did not have their business model 100% nailed down in those videos, they were still thinking about it. if you think PWE had no input on said model, you are fooling yourself. yay china, ruining my D&D.
  • thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

Drama-Queen_meme.png
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    If you really believe this particular company (PWE) and their minions (Cryptic) are going to be honest (p2w) then there's no point trying to discuss further, you are naive. I'll leave you with one clue: there is a history you are not taking into consideration.

No company is going to spell out the specifics about anything to John Q. Public.

We, in all dealings with any entity, will always be fed just enough information to shut us up or to keep us intrigued.

History is difficult to ignore, but it should not be the thing you fall back on to prove your point.

Not only have you not provided any specific examples of this history, but also by your logic, Dragon Age 2 would have been amazing.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
    edited May 2013
    c45hcr0p wrote: »
    example

PWE produces p2w games. All your money goes to China. Here ends the history lesson.
    edited May 2013
    c45hcr0p wrote: »
    No company is going to spell out the specifics about anything to John Q. Public.

Grinding Gear Games did for Path of Exile.
  • darkylorddarkylord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    Guys, what's with all this anti-developers thingy going on ?
    The devs are actually doing a pretty good job. Yes there are bugs and things to be fixed but it's a whole game at the begining of it's journey, what did you expect ?

Most of the complains that I see around should actually be about the marketing (bad pricing, pay to win, etc etc), support (tickets closed without good answer, etc etc) and community management departments (the feedback isn't processed as it should, etc ). Things that developers can not control.
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »

Here's what I do understand:

Video link claiming dev avoided questions, of course, the video shows something completely different, but hey, who am I to judge? It is then followed up with cherry picked answers to support "dodging" the question, despite the fact that the question is covered fairly well by the cherry picked response. Then it's "quoted him word for word"...except that he left out about 90% of the video for transcribing. However, from the OP, and it can't be cherry picking because, from the OP himself, I'm quoting this bit verbatim, right?
    7th February "So we haven't started talking about the monetisation strategy, yet"

"In our mind the way to make a successful free to play game, is the same way you make a successful non free to play game. You make an awesome game. You make an awesome game that people enjoy playing and that they have fun playing and they don't feel frustrated with"

But Rob, the question isn't answered. Yes, it most certainly is: A successful free to play game will make money for the devs because people will spend money on it. This is stated implicitly in this quote, so how does that avoid answering the question? It doesn't, but, it does give somebody that doesn't understand it a "place to argue from" hoping that enough people on his bandwagon will shout down any naysayers. Start shouting. If English isn't your first language, I understand you missing the nuances of communication required to make the leap to "successful games make money".
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh

my

god

Give me a break dude. "Dishonest question dodging"? Just go play something else man.

^^ Pretty much sums up 99% of peoples' response to this absurd thread.
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    ^^ Pretty much sums up 99% of peoples' response to this absurd thread.

No. Just that one guy and you.