test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you report someone that's exploiting in D&D:Neverwinter?

l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a simple poll because I'm curious. What would you do?
Post edited by l1d3n on

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. It is a waste of time, nothing will be done about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It depends on the exploit. My guild from TSW came to this game, about 35 of us, and we formed up another guild here. One of them exploited a Foundry quest and got from around level 35 to 60 in an afternoon. I didn't report that, but we make fun of him so much now, referring to him as 'cheater', jokingly, that I doubt he'll do something like that again. It irks him to be referred to as that, but he has no argument against it really. :)
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So the guy that exploited is still in your Guild and still hasn't had any repercussions of exploiting the game platinu?
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd report them but then the ticket would probably be closed without being read anyway..
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course not, it's beta!
    As testers, we have a duty to find any exploit possible and try to break the game as much as we can.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With a ticket system that doesnt get dealt with in almost a month?
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    So the guy that exploited is still in your Guild and still hasn't had any repercussions of exploiting the game platinu?

Yes. A lot of people I know, who aren't in my guild, exploited Foundry missions for insane Exp gain and nothing has happened to them either.

It's funny though, that guy doesn't play his 1st 60. Ever. He only plays the one that he actually leveled legitimately. I find that interesting.
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. Always.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In a New York minuet
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    I'd report them but then the ticket would probably be closed without being read anyway..

Yeah, the 3 tickets I've submitted, about bugs, have all done nothing. They generate an email, send it to you, that says:
    Thank you for taking the time to contact customer support. We here in customer support strive to respond to tickets in a timely fashion; however, due to the large number of tickets we have received, we have experienced some delays in response times. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Some users have been able to resolve their issue without our intervention. However, if you are still experiencing this issue, please submit a new ticket with as many details as possible.

Please note that we are unable to reimburse lost items or currency at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Again, thank you for your patience and we hope to see you in game soon!

Why would I resubmit a ticket that will just be ignored? They'll simply wait 2 weeks then send another email that will be, word for word, exactly like this one.

So, I don't report bugs. It would have to be a crippling exploit for me to bother reporting that as well. It would do just as much good to type up the report and delete it myself, why have them do it?
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I would not report them for a simple reason, if we REALLY had 5 classes no one will exploit.

If they could stop measuring the difficulty of a boss with the numbers of adds, no one will exploit.

If they made the trash mob drop some random blue/purple, no one will exploit.

I hate exploiters, but man I start to see the whole picture.
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im sick and tired of the client side exploits that are currently being used, it ruins pvp for me, as i am not going to exploit my client.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. I'd report the exploit. Human nature is what it is, people will take advantage no matter how pious they may appear before the fact. Exploits are mislabelled. They are coding mistakes that allow certain things to happen as unintended. It's a developer mistake so tell the developer and let them handle it.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Any exploit I hear about, I report as a bug. As a customer, I don't want bug in the game. Exploit or not. I don't report the person, but the bug.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually forget reporting but frankly, I don't care unless it disturbs my gameplay.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd probably report but I think it's pointless, there is no cs, and most exploits aren't being fixed.
  • primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    What kind of exploit? Who does it hurt?

If I'm in a PvE or PvP instance with someone and whatever they do destroys the group and makes everyone's gameplay unfun, then I'm extremely likely to report it. Because it will probably ruin the next group too.

I couldn't care less about someone finding a way to level fast.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »

leveling up more rapidly is very low priority vs, say, earning 10000000 billion diamonds, hopefully.

I voted yes but it would have to BE a "real" exploit. To be an exploit, it would directly involve a way to get extra loot or currency in-game. Not much else matters to me.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Cheating kills the game faster than you can say "no end game content".
  • itsrabbitzitsrabbitz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes and i report them if i find them myself, The Astral Diamond one for example, I reported it, I spammed their facebook and twitter pages about the dupe which was happening i didn't explain what to do though, Only to get banned myself.
  • mklein2836mklein2836 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    In a hot minute. Finding a bug is one thing. Deliberately using that bug is something else. And given the recent issues, how can this even be a question?? Report their sorry asses and hopefully get them out of the game
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. I'd report the exploit. Human nature is what it is, people will take advantage no matter how pious they may appear before the fact. Exploits are mislabelled. They are coding mistakes that allow certain things to happen as unintended. It's a developer mistake so tell the developer and let them handle it.

Finding a coding mistake is one thing, purposely abusing it to gain an advantage ingame is another matter.

And yes, if I caught someone exploiting I'd report them without a second thought.
  • homicidalyahtzeehomicidalyahtzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without bug exploitation, PWE will not fix bugs.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Normally I would, I have in many other MMOs but in this one there's not much point, known exploiters are still playing so why bother?
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    no cause i dont care about it i can still play even with **** economy
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    Yeah, the 3 tickets I've submitted, about bugs, have all done nothing. They generate an email, send it to you, that says:

Why would I resubmit a ticket that will just be ignored? They'll simply wait 2 weeks then send another email that will be, word for word, exactly like this one.

So, I don't report bugs. It would have to be a crippling exploit for me to bother reporting that as well. It would do just as much good to type up the report and delete it myself, why have them do it?

Why are you reporting bugs to Customer Service?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point, the majority of pugs running tier 2 dungeons seems to exploit, and reporting everyone I party with does not seem constructive.
  • everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »

The reason why I wouldn't report is because it would just be set to "solved" with nothing done about it. Why waste my time.
    I've written 7-10 bug reports with nothing to show for it. No replies, nada. They don't care.
This discussion has been closed.